PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

Glassy

Yeah 224lbs (102kgs - I convert it to lbs so that you don’t have to, whoops). At the moment I’m drinking a lot of liquid (OJ & sweetened low fat iced coffee) because it suits the weather and it’s easier than trying to eat a lot of fruit. I mix collagen powder with the OJ. I drink a lot of coffe now and feel great for it. I eat a lb or 2 of cottage cheese per day straight from the tub and usually have some beef at dinner. I have a bit of European cheese and some potato here and there. The only thing I’m really strict on is the PUFA, but avoid starch and generally fat at the moment.

@Glassy : sounds like Brisbane, or maybe elsewhere in Queensland?

Your thought process sounds familiar, so bring it on. Its an argument I've made here time and again. High pulse can be bad. Being hot can be bad. If I eat and soon after get hot and tire out and sweat easily, that seems like a metabolic fault. If I eat and feel great for hours; if I can get hot but not feel sweaty and exhausted, but invigorated, that seems like good metabolism.

To me the litmus test has become I want to feel the cold (when it is cold), but I shouldn't feel chilled. If I can't feel cold when its 40F and I run out to car to get something, that is a problem. However, I should be able to run out to the car when it is 40F and not feel chilled/uncomfortable.

I am curious if by chance you have any hearing problems?

Yeah - I live in the Glass House Mountains and work in Brisbane. I think you’re right in that how you feel is really important for context. Your body should be able to regulate its temperature up and down to a certain extent so I get the impression that your body temperature should be taken when you feel “comfortable” to get an indication of your metabolism (assuming that you can make your environment comfortable). I’m a little skeptical that my body temperature will tell me much but I’m yet to try it and it might be a good way to compare how you feel with others (I don’t know).

My hearing has always been pretty good, never had issues but I’ve always been mildly short sighted. Since peating my eyes have improved a lot - my eyesight clarity is better than when I wore glasses (glasses made my eyes weak over a few years and regularly had to get my prescription increased). I remember first getting glasses and seeing leaves on trees (I had known they were leaves but couldn’t see the detail) it showed me a glimpse of a different view of the world. I’m not sure but I suspect it is all the extra gelatine I’ve been eating or the vitamin K doing the work.

cyclops

Kreese did you post any body pics yet? I'd like to see where you started and where you at.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Kreese did you post any body pics yet? I'd like to see where you started and where you at.
very soon Not where I wanna be yet but probably 80% there....not looking to be shreded but around 15% would be great...am at like 18% or so now...I will post soon the before pic is RIDICULOUS LOLLLL I will keep ya posted Cyclops

fractal

Hey Kreeese, North Jersey 49 year old 6'2" 235 lbs NY FOOTBALL GIANTS season ticket holder!Shula as OC :eek:... LUV DIS THREAD!!! I've been doing low fat [ less than 15% per day ] for a year and have come down from 255 and feel good but hit a wall 7 months ago on losing weight. Gonna try your route... Do you only cook with coconut oil or do you just eat it as well? Do you have coconut oil with SHUGGA or seperately? Respect....

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Hey Kreeese, North Jersey 49 year old 6'2" 235 lbs NY FOOTBALL GIANTS season ticket holder!Shula as OC :eek:... LUV DIS THREAD!!! I've been doing low fat [ less than 15% per day ] for a year and have come down from 255 and feel good but hit a wall 7 months ago on losing weight. Gonna try your route... Do you only cook with coconut oil or do you just eat it as well? Do you have coconut oil with SHUGGA or seperately? Respect....
LOVE OUR GIANTS!! Cmonnn Ill give Shula a try ....look its been so freaking awful since we won it all from the Pats Im optimistic about anyone!! lolll Awesome whats your name? Im here to help!
Chris Rocco

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Its funny...I did the low fat thing also and I felt like crap and I felt honestly it was very unnatural and very tuff to sustain...I cook with Coc oil--I have been using Spectrum refined coc. oil great stuff...and I eat it outta the glass jar...I mix it with cottage cheese , put it on my carrot salad etc. really has made a huge difference!

fractal

LOVE OUR GIANTS!! Cmonnn Ill give Shula a try ....look its been so freaking awful since we won it all from the Pats Im optimistic about anyone!! lolll Awesome whats your name? Im here to help!
Chris Rocco
Pat Shurmur gonna call the plays anyway so I'll give Shula a pass for now.;) Since we are keeping Eli, I think we should draft Barkley ( RB from Penn St. ) at 2 and then offensive line and linebackers. Take another shot at the Super Bowl!:D What do you think?... Everybody calls me the BIG E!... CAPICHE!!!! lol

fractal

Its funny...I did the low fat thing also and I felt like crap and I felt honestly it was very unnatural and very tuff to sustain...I cook with Coc oil--I have been using Spectrum refined coc. oil great stuff...and I eat it outta the glass jar...I mix it with cottage cheese , put it on my carrot salad etc. really has made a huge difference!
I feel much better on low fat than the standard american diet but I just hit a wall. It's hard to stay away from the PUFA. I was in meetings today in Albany ( not a politician ) and they order Italian. HOW DO YOU SAY NO??? No worries, I'll count it as my cheat day... REALITY is that I can plan most of my meals and i do eat 0% fat cottage cheese with apple sauce. I think I'll switch to 2% with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I LUV a good ribeye, what do you eat with it? I usually eat it with rice or a potato but want to follow your lead.

BTW, a guy that used to post here had similar dietary advise as you but he supplemented way more. He posted under the username
visionofstrength

Check out his posts if your inclined.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I feel much better on low fat than the standard american diet but I just hit a wall. It's hard to stay away from the PUFA. I was in meetings today in Albany ( not a politician ) and they order Italian. HOW DO YOU SAY NO??? No worries, I'll count it as my cheat day... REALITY is that I can plan most of my meals and i do eat 0% fat cottage cheese with apple sauce. I think I'll switch to 2% with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I LUV a good ribeye, what do you eat with it? I usually eat it with rice or a potato but want to follow your lead.

BTW, a guy that used to post here had similar dietary advise as you but he supplemented way more. He posted under the username
visionofstrength

Check out his posts if your inclined.

I read about him...I dont supplement at all! just food...Capiche??:) well dropping 45 pounds slowly and then recently very quickly with my Peat inspired diet I completely dropped all rice pasta grains potatoes breads etc. all starches. so my evening ribeye I have cooked in coc. oil and some carrots or peppers or some cooked spinach. thats it. PLAIN AND SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE. I do however have a cheat day usually on sunday..and I am liking Shurmur alot! Go Big Blue!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Good morning everyone following my journey and I guess this is becoming as Firebreather said my journal! haha This week was challenging to say the least because it was a big family week plus my dads big Birthday...The young man turned 75 so food partying and fun old habits were in full effect! lol Interesting story and I wonder if you have been in the same situation--Bet you have...So we are at the restaurant for my dads Birthday dinner and the host/manager who hasnt seen me in several months was amazed at my transformation..I was wearing very skinny jeans and a tight fitting shirt...started immediately asking me how Im losing the weight what Im doing etc. Lots of compliments everywhere I go btw especially for the friends acquaintances who havent been around me in 6 months or so...So I begin to be completely honest with Al the host and lol it was like I WAS THE KRAZY ONE AND ACTUALLY HE DIDNT BELIEVE ME!! lmao now Al is outta shape big belly hanging over his belt 42 years old weighs about 235 and is about 5 foot 11 ...I asked!! and he starts telling me his "new plan" I swear I almost wanted to smack him. He goes " well what works is I am going to drink coffee and tea and water only for the next 4 to 6 weeks"!!!!!! what the fuuuuckkkk....I could not believe my ears...I quicky told him how retarded this was how not only would he completely compromise his health but anything he would lose he would gain it all back with INTEREST!!! Again as I told him about Ray Peat and eating real foods boosting his metabolism etc on and on....he seemed slightly annoyed with me YET HE COMPLIMENTS MY FAT LOSS AND HEALTHY APPEARANCE. Absolutely ridiculous!! I find this happening here in nyc all the time..people want a stupid quick fix and not a lifestyle and if it challenges their beliefs you end up looking INSANE! anyway just wanted to share with this Ray Peat group...a group of real rebels and open minded people..BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRY TO GUIDE...HAHAA Can anyone relate???
Chris rocco nyc

Sobieski

Good morning everyone following my journey and I guess this is becoming as Firebreather said my journal! haha This week was challenging to say the least because it was a big family week plus my dads big Birthday...The young man turned 75 so food partying and fun old habits were in full effect! lol Interesting story and I wonder if you have been in the same situation--Bet you have...So we are at the restaurant for my dads Birthday dinner and the host/manager who hasnt seen me in several months was amazed at my transformation..I was wearing very skinny jeans and a tight fitting shirt...started immediately asking me how Im losing the weight what Im doing etc. Lots of compliments everywhere I go btw especially for the friends acquaintances who havent been around me in 6 months or so...So I begin to be completely honest with Al the host and lol it was like I WAS THE KRAZY ONE AND ACTUALLY HE DIDNT BELIEVE ME!! lmao now Al is outta shape big belly hanging over his belt 42 years old weighs about 235 and is about 5 foot 11 ...I asked!! and he starts telling me his "new plan" I swear I almost wanted to smack him. He goes " well what works is I am going to drink coffee and tea and water only for the next 4 to 6 weeks"!!!!!! what the fuuuuckkkk....I could not believe my ears...I quicky told him how retarded this was how not only would he completely compromise his health but anything he would lose he would gain it all back with INTEREST!!! Again as I told him about Ray Peat and eating real foods boosting his metabolism etc on and on....he seemed slightly annoyed with me YET HE COMPLIMENTS MY FAT LOSS AND HEALTHY APPEARANCE. Absolutely ridiculous!! I find this happening here in nyc all the time..people want a stupid quick fix and not a lifestyle and if it challenges their beliefs you end up looking INSANE! anyway just wanted to share with this Ray Peat group...a group of real rebels and open minded people..BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRY TO GUIDE...HAHAA Can anyone relate???
Chris rocco nyc

Yep... I'm quite private and don't openly discuss this stuff with people I know. However when asked what I'm doing I'll tell them. They just dismiss my advice, despite the fact it works, and continue on their way. Some people just have to discover things for themselves, I know because I was one of them.

cyclops

I wonder what would happen if you kept your carbs and protein the same, but cut out (most) all the fat. Not the fat that is in the very nutritional foods that offer vitamins and minerals (eggs, oysters, liver, etc) but just excess saturated animal fats.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I wonder what would happen if you kept your carbs and protein the same, but cut out (most) all the fat. Not the fat that is in the very nutritional foods that offer vitamins and minerals (eggs, oysters, liver, etc) but just excess saturated animal fats.
definitely might try this! Im gonna ride this sugar fat diet till it stops working...But Im always open to change cyclops!! Now this is really suiting me its sooo ez results are still occuring..btw I eat eggs and oysters....but also cheese beef coc oil etc... without even tracking Im always around 200 grams fat per day...never designed my program that way just the way it naturaly occurs! Cyclops are you eating mostly protein and carbs?

cyclops

definitely might try this! Im gonna ride this sugar fat diet till it stops working...But Im always open to change cyclops!! Now this is really suiting me its sooo ez results are still occuring..btw I eat eggs and oysters....but also cheese beef coc oil etc... without even tracking Im always around 200 grams fat per day...never designed my program that way just the way it naturaly occurs! Cyclops are you eating mostly protein and carbs?

Yes, I am eating mostly just protein and carbs. I was just thinking out loud, but I have trouble wrapping my head around how consuming (empty) saturated fat could help you lose fat. There are quite a few threads on here that talk of the merits of lower fat consumption that make sense to me. Of course if the fat comes along with vitamins/minerals I see it as helpful.

I guess I could see a little bit of coconut oil helping with liberated PUFA, like vitamin e does or something, but I just don't get how eating lots of saturated fat helps will help with losing body fat long term.

I think somewhere earlier in this thread the idea that higher fat in the beginning of Eating could be helpful. But even when I first started Peating too much fat seemed to just make me fat. Anytime I tried again to increase fat I seem to get fat, eating the same way as you - no starch.

Maybe it really depends on the health/genetics of the person. So maybe someone else who tries you're way of eating it would not work for.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Yes, I am eating mostly just protein and carbs. I was just thinking out loud, but I have trouble wrapping my head around how consuming (empty) saturated fat could help you lose fat. There are quite a few threads on here that talk of the merits of lower fat consumption that make sense to me. Of course if the fat comes along with vitamins/minerals I see it as helpful.

I guess I could see a little bit of coconut oil helping with liberated PUFA, like vitamin e or something, but I just dont get how eating lots of saturated fat helps with losing body fat long term.

I think somewhere earlier in this thread the idea that higher fat in the beginning could be helpful. But even when I first started Peating too much fat seemed to make me fat. Anytime I increase fat I seem to get fat, eating th same way as you - no starch.

Maybe it really depends on the health/genetics of the person. So maybe someone else who tries you're way of eating it would not work for.
This is a quote from Ray Peat's article on Coconut Oil - Coconut Oil
"Although I had stopped using the unsaturated seed oils years ago, and supposed that I wasn't heavily saturated with toxic unsaturated fat, when I first used coconut oil I saw an immediate response, that convinced me my metabolism was chronically inhibited by something that was easily alleviated by "dilution" or molecular competition. I had put a tablespoonful of coconut oil on some rice I had for supper, and half an hour later while I was reading, I noticed I was breathing more deeply than normal. I saw that my skin was pink, and I found that my pulse was faster than normal--about 98, I think. After an hour or two, my pulse and breathing returned to normal. Every day for a couple of weeks I noticed the same response while I was digesting a small amount of coconut oil, but gradually it didn't happen any more, and I increased my daily consumption of the oil to about an ounce. I kept eating the same foods as before (including a quart of ice cream every day), except that I added about 200 or 250 calories per day as coconut oil. Apparently the metabolic surges that happened at first were an indication that my body was compensating for an anti-thyroid substance by producing more thyroid hormone; when the coconut oil relieved the inhibition, I experienced a moment of slight hyperthyroidism, but after a time the inhibitor became less effective, and my body adjusted by producing slightly less thyroid hormone. But over the next few months, I saw that my weight was slowly and consistently decreasing. It had been steady at 185 pounds for 25 years, but over a period of six months it dropped to about 175 pounds. I found that eating more coconut oil lowered my weight another few pounds, and eating less caused it to increase. "

YourUniverse

Yep... I'm quite private and don't openly discuss this stuff with people I know. However when asked what I'm doing I'll tell them. They just dismiss my advice, despite the fact it works, and continue on their way. Some people just have to discover things for themselves, I know because I was one of them.
"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig" LOL

managing

"Although I had stopped using the unsaturated seed oils years ago, and supposed that I wasn't heavily saturated with toxic unsaturated fat, when I first used coconut oil I saw an immediate response, that convinced me my metabolism was chronically inhibited by something that was easily alleviated by "dilution" or molecular competition. I had put a tablespoonful of coconut oil on some rice I had for supper, and half an hour later while I was reading, I noticed I was breathing more deeply than normal. I saw that my skin was pink, and I found that my pulse was faster than normal--about 98, I think. After an hour or two, my pulse and breathing returned to normal. Every day for a couple of weeks I noticed the same response while I was digesting a small amount of coconut oil, but gradually it didn't happen any more, and I increased my daily consumption of the oil to about an ounce. I kept eating the same foods as before (including a quart of ice cream every day), except that I added about 200 or 250 calories per day as coconut oil. Apparently the metabolic surges that happened at first were an indication that my body was compensating for an anti-thyroid substance by producing more thyroid hormone; when the coconut oil relieved the inhibition, I experienced a moment of slight hyperthyroidism, but after a time the inhibitor became less effective, and my body adjusted by producing slightly less thyroid hormone. But over the next few months, I saw that my weight was slowly and consistently decreasing. It had been steady at 185 pounds for 25 years, but over a period of six months it dropped to about 175 pounds. I found that eating more coconut oil lowered my weight another few pounds, and eating less caused it to increase. "
:+1

Nice find.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

amazing quote and I agree!!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I guess I could see a little bit of coconut oil helping with liberated PUFA, like vitamin e does or something, but I just don't get how eating lots of saturated fat helps will help with losing body fat long term.

I think somewhere earlier in this thread the idea that higher fat in the beginning of Eating could be helpful. But even when I first started Peating too much fat seemed to just make me fat. Anytime I tried again to increase fat I seem to get fat, eating the same way as you - no starch.

U may be right! The benefits of sat fat are immense...remember Im . not isolating sat fat of course its what goes with it!! I used to feel the same way Cyclops but I never felt better
look more into the benefits of sat fat...very kool stuff indeed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals