PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I wish this thread had labwork to show how positively your androgens, thyroid and other things that came up from the appropriate inclusion of macronutrients. It would make the picture a lot more clear for some who cant see the "how"
looking awesome my friend! someday when I start lifting seriously that is the build!!! Are you in the gym 5 days a week? fantastic condition!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

good afternoon everyone...Some Updates...after a krazy family celebration week of lots of cheat foods and drinks , Im back to eating sugar fat but I have started to up my carb intake due to many suggestions from lots of you here...so far so good...more fruits and potatoes...very yummy lets see if I can continue to cut down I am honestly going for a steady 5 more pounds and evaluate from there...thanks again for the help!

managing

good afternoon everyone...Some Updates...after a krazy family celebration week of lots of cheat foods and drinks , Im back to eating sugar fat but I have started to up my carb intake due to many suggestions from lots of you here...so far so good...more fruits and potatoes...very yummy lets see if I can continue to cut down I am honestly going for a steady 5 more pounds and evaluate from there...thanks again for the help!
FWIW, I think there are two interesting variables here.

One is starch yes or starch no. By adding potato, you are changing that variable.

The other variable is linear, not digital: how many grams of carbs. By adding more carbs you are also changing that variable.

My two cents worth is to isolate these and only change one of them at a time. Your body, your time. That's why its only worth $.02 :):.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

yeah loving the sweet potatoes...adding lots of coc. oil to them and a little olive oil...Fantastic stuff!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

good mornin y'all! potatoes and slightly higher carbs have really been fantastic down a pound from yesterday however last week was a massive cheat week so now there will be no more family distractions nothing till august lol...my birthday! so Now I can finally get down to 195...was 201.2 this morning....PUMPED UP!!!!!!!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

just wanted to add still eating to appetite dont count calories but when I track its always avg. around 3000 calories at least...so I never felt better with no hunger no willpower
love that I finally woke up and discovered this great group and a man named Ray..

Peatful

Hi @kreeese

I want to chime in here.
I read the entire thread and no one has mentioned your blood sugar.
My guess is your macros are pretty balanced and steady with your meals...which your body/hormones love.
If this is the case, coupled with your healthy digestion, it makes sense regarding the weight loss.
"You don't lose weight to be healthy, you need health to lose weight".
Not to mention your positive outlook. Very valuable.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Hi @kreeese

I want to chime in here.
I read the entire thread and no one has mentioned your blood sugar.
My guess is your macros are pretty balanced and steady with your meals...which your body/hormones love.
If this is the case, coupled with your healthy digestion, it makes sense regarding the weight loss.
"You don't lose weight to be healthy, you need health to lose weight".
Not to mention your positive outlook. Very valuable.
thank you! and my digestion was craaaaap before but switching to MY style of peat eating my digestion has improved tremendously Miss Peatful:) and I write everyday and am keeping a journal and yes Health first! fat loss second..I wake up early go to bed earlier then ever..am very grateful practice gratitude daily and the fat started to come off...
I will now that its starting to warm up a bit here in nyc--70 today!!! wtf!!! start exercising more was doing 2 days a week at the gym....so now I will begin to increase gym time walking maybe getting back into tennis...ITS BEEN YEARS!!!! haha fat guy no more!
Chris Rocco

Ulysses

What's a typical daily calcium intake for you?

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Good morning !! Its been a very busy week since I posted anything...I feel the diet is on point and now I started to really exercise....Questions for all of you?? Ray Peat doesnt really talk alot about working out protocols. Not a alot of info in the interviews I read and articles I checked out...Does anyone following me here have a great workout plan??
I have increased to 4 days a week now and starting to see better results...How is everyone here who does lift etc. incorporate exercise in their lives and any tips?? I appreciate any help tp you experienced Peaters here:) I have been training with weights mostly full body 4 times a week..Thanks again...

YourUniverse

The Peat-inspired caveat I adhere to is to always nose-breathe during exercise - no matter how hard it gets! Its training my systems to retain more co2, not hyperventilate. "Buteyko breathing"

I find lifting hard and heavy just makes me want to eat and rest more... also the stress of adding "5 lbs per week" to many of the lifts as is customary in a lot of programs halts my progress.

The method I like... maybe it would resound with you, idk... is I wake up, feel each of my muscles, LOL, and determine which ones are sore or feel weak/unrecovered, and which ones feel like they can be trained, and I just go and train those trainable muscles. I keep a brief ledger in my mind as to how Ive trained the muscles Im about to train in the recent past, and change my approach accordingly... generally varying templates of heavy, medium, and light days. Ive done away with hard and fast programming for the most part, going by feel, augmented with my working training knowledge, but this way Im able to lift at least 5x per week, again with the caveat of purely nose-breathing...

Been doing the same for any running I do, makes nose breathing really difficult and rewarding

Last edited:

RMJ

Good for OP, I've only lost 5 lbs the last month and I haven't been eating more than 2500cal daily...:(

Low fat 15-20%, high caffeine, aspirin, vitamin e, etc etc, maybe I was just destined to be a chubby chubster for life!!!
:panda::violin:

have u tried without aspirin?

OP
kreeese

kreeese

The Peat-inspired caveat I adhere to is to always nose-breathe during exercise - no matter how hard it gets! Its training my systems to retain more co2, not hyperventilate. "Buteyko breathing"

I find lifting hard and heavy just makes me want to eat and rest more... also the stress of adding "5 lbs per week" to many of the lifts as is customary in a lot of programs halts my progress.

The method I like... maybe it would resound with you, idk... is I wake up, feel each of my muscles, LOL, and determine which ones are sore or feel weak/unrecovered, and which ones feel like they can be trained, and I just go and train those trainable muscles. I keep a brief ledger in my mind as to how Ive trained the muscles Im about to train in the recent past, and change my approach accordingly... generally varying templates of heavy, medium, and light days. Ive done away with hard and fast programming for the most part, going by feel, augmented with my working training knowledge, but this way Im able to lift at least 5x per week, again with the caveat of purely nose-breathing...

Been doing the same for any running I do, makes nose breathing really difficult and rewarding
THAT IS SOME OF THE BEST MOST PRACTICAL ADVICE I EVER HEARD!!! agreed Definitely agree with all of it! thanks so much....Please explain more about nose breathing not so sure I truly understand...why ...what are the benefits...muscle gains fat loss?? etc thanks so much

YourUniverse

THAT IS SOME OF THE BEST MOST PRACTICAL ADVICE I EVER HEARD!!! agreed Definitely agree with all of it! thanks so much....Please explain more about nose breathing not so sure I truly understand...why ...what are the benefits...muscle gains fat loss?? etc thanks so much
Im glad you like it! Im enjoying listening to my body...

The nose breathing is the simplest, least invasive way to practice "buteyko breathing". Buteyko breathing is meant to help a person breathe less oxygen, and thus more importantly, retain more carbon dioxide. Ray has an entire article dedicated to how important CO2 is to health - http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/co2.shtml

Your buteyko proficiency is measured by your control pause, CP. Higher CP means you retain more CO2, which means you are healthier. You can train your body to have a higher CP, generally by forcing yourself to breathe less. This becomes really challenging when youre exercising, especially aerobics where your oxygen demands are typically high. Forcing yourself to nose breathe is like forcing yourself to take in less air, which is the whole premise behind buteyko, and is really difficult, but it trains you to have a higher CP. You may be interested in this link to learn more... http://buteykoclinic.com/breathing-exercise-1-the-control-pause-part-i/

If you like youtube, check this link out -

Overall Ray isnt a big fan of intense exercise, because its a stress, and almost always combined with hyperventilation and eccentric lifting (which produces tons of lactic acid). Well, I account for these factors, and buteyko breathing (constant nose breathing) accounts for the hyperventilation part.

Also, you asked if there are muscle gain/fat loss benefits of improving CP? Not directly, but the higher my CP gets, the more calm I am, the better I breathe, the more energy I have, and the better I sleep... so Id say indirectly its making an impact. I definitely WANT to train more often since starting to work on my CO2 retention, and I doubt its a coincidence.

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:
OP
kreeese

kreeese

Im glad you like it! Im enjoying listening to my body...

The nose breathing is the simplest, least invasive way to practice "buteyko breathing". Buteyko breathing is meant to help a person breathe less oxygen, and thus more importantly, retain more carbon dioxide. Ray has an entire article dedicated to how important CO2 is to health - http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/co2.shtml

Your buteyko proficiency is measured by your control pause, CP. Higher CP means you retain more CO2, which means you are healthier. You can train your body to have a higher CP, generally by forcing yourself to breathe less. This becomes really challenging when youre exercising, especially aerobics where your oxygen demands are typically high. Forcing yourself to nose breathe is like forcing yourself to take in less air, which is the whole premise behind buteyko, and is really difficult, but it trains you to have a higher CP. You may be interested in this link to learn more... http://buteykoclinic.com/breathing-exercise-1-the-control-pause-part-i/

If you like youtube, check this link out -

Overall Ray isnt a big fan of intense exercise, because its a stress, and almost always combined with hyperventilation and eccentric lifting (which produces tons of lactic acid). Well, I account for these factors, and buteyko breathing (constant nose breathing) accounts for the hyperventilation part.

Also, you asked if there are muscle gain/fat loss benefits of improving CP? Not directly, but the higher my CP gets, the more calm I am, the better I breathe, the more energy I have, and the better I sleep... so Id say indirectly its making an impact. I definitely WANT to train more often since starting to work on my CO2 retention, and I doubt its a coincidence.

Hope that helps!!

thats fantastic! thanks so much...how long have u been doing this??? very kool

OP
kreeese

kreeese

hows your summer body going...are u lean for the warmer days ahead? this is the leanest I have been in feb in 25 years loll although I have a ways to go for Wolverine look etc
hahaa

YourUniverse

its coming... down to a 40 pant, 245lbs or so... a lot to go, but end goal is 36 pant (34 is lowest my body has ever been able to be at ~10% BF). Embracing a lot more exercise had sped things up... waiting to be a success like you before making a thread of my own :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals