Low/No Fat Diet Without Weight Loss

iPeat

I'm just curious if anyone knows what the implications are of the situation where someone eats almost no fat, yet doesn't lose weight while in an overweight condition. Temps and pulse are ok with thyroid supplementation.

Diet consisting of mostly:
Strained, fat free yogurt
Jelly/jam
Milk (fat free)
Fruit juices
White sugar
Honey
Maple syrup
Candy
Occasional potatoes
Daily carrots
Coffee
Occasional Coca-Cola

Everything organic or as clean as possible.

And supplementation talked about a lot on this forum (as clean as I can find them)

Cronometer tags me around 2,500 calories. I'm 6 foot, 206 pounds. Gained a lot weight on a Peat-inspired diet over the course of 18 months only in my midsection and slight gynecomastia. I came from a Keto diet and great physical appearance (felt like crap).

Peat mentioned on a KMUD that some researcher/doctor (forget which) went on a zero fat diet and his weight stabilized much lower than when he started.

What does it mean when the weight loss doesn't happen, and in fact goes in the opposite direction or stays put?

Viiiiyu

Fat gives the most satiation and fixes your water-weight problem(which often mess with your perception of weight)
Keep your food choices tight and keep your water intake low(mess with your true hunger signal)

Fatty meat+coconut oil / Ice cream (both need to be high fat low protein)
Fruit(as your only source of pure sugar,becuz have rich micros)
Liver / Oyester(only source of pure protein,becuz crazy nutrients so you need less)

Ideally eating these food will make you always in a state where your gut doesnt get full but you naturally feel satiated also your water intake is not crazy(I find fat is the key)

Dont give a shxt about sugar+fat theory,as long as your nutrients are good,you get full quick and will get nausiated if you eat too much.

Only eat when hungry and stop the minate you feel good.

Fat deficiency is real,if you lack it you are not gonna feel good and you are gonna eat a lot sugar and water to compensate

Dino D

Low iron + iron blocking foods + /_low protein_\, lot of fluid, very little meat
Thats what I see...

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Thank you for your responses. I forgot to add that I do have oysters and liver occasionally.

The reason I ask the main question is that I've been trying to lose this weight in a Peaty way for quite awhile now and have tried just about every combination of macros. No starch, high/low fat, high/low protein, high/moderate carb, etc., and have only gained weight when I eat until satisfied. Eating any less always results in incredible hunger, exhaustion, and mental side effects (and no weight loss).

I'm more curious why this latest attempt at eating no fat, is still not working, if sugar is supposed to be ramping up my metabolism and my muscles only have stored fat to rely upon during rest.

As far as liquids are concerned, going high sugar has decreased my thirst quite a bit. I have a physical job and work with the elements and I drink way less now despite sweating a lot. I'd say I only drink a few pints of liquid (coffee, milk, juice) per day and only when I feel thirsty.

As far as iron is concerned, I'm coming from Keto, and before that Paleo, where I ate a ton of red meat. I also supplemented iron for years. I'm not sure 100% because I haven't done a blood test, but I'd bet money that my iron is either fine, or high.

LUH 3417

Some people claim they gain a lot of water weight drinking liquids.

Dino D

Thank you for your responses. I forgot to add that I do have oysters and liver occasionally.

The reason I ask the main question is that I've been trying to lose this weight in a Peaty way for quite awhile now and have tried just about every combination of macros. No starch, high/low fat, high/low protein, high/moderate carb, etc., and have only gained weight when I eat until satisfied. Eating any less always results in incredible hunger, exhaustion, and mental side effects (and no weight loss).

I'm more curious why this latest attempt at eating no fat, is still not working, if sugar is supposed to be ramping up my metabolism and my muscles only have stored fat to rely upon during rest.

As far as liquids are concerned, going high sugar has decreased my thirst quite a bit. I have a physical job and work with the elements and I drink way less now despite sweating a lot. I'd say I only drink a few pints of liquid (coffee, milk, juice) per day and only when I feel thirsty.

As far as iron is concerned, I'm coming from Keto, and before that Paleo, where I ate a ton of red meat. I also supplemented iron for years. I'm not sure 100% because I haven't done a blood test, but I'd bet money that my iron is either fine, or high.
IM having similar problems, my belly / midsection is gaining fat...
I bloat often...
I dont know what to do...
So you have tried high fat + carbs (sugar or starch), how did that go?

Cirion

Eating zero fat causes your body to be exposed to too much PUFA from your body fat stores which can ironically block your weight loss efforts (since the excess inflammation just causes yet more bloating). Some SFA is needed. How much? I'll have to get back to you on that, as I'm also struggling to lose weight and recover my health though.

Dino D

Some people claim they gain a lot of water weight drinking liquids.
I just nees to respod... water weigt is not a problem... yea you can bloat a bit, or a bit more... but its mostly fat people who try to comfort them selfs... there is no mistake in what fat is, grab your belly and if there is a soft tushue it is fat... if someone is fat and if he would lose all of the waterweight he still would be fat... if someone is lean and would bloat up, he would be a bit watery, lower weins, bloated, but not fat...
The wors thing is when youre fat and bloated, then you look superfat but youre just fat and you comfort your self that all of that is water... this response is not personaly 4U, but i dont like the argumet about water weight in a context where simeone is trully fat and then concludea that it is mostly water...

Dino D

Eating zero fat causes your body to be exposed to too much PUFA from your body fat stores which can ironically block your weight loss efforts (since the excess inflammation just causes yet more bloating). Some SFA is needed. How much? I'll have to get back to you on that, as I'm also struggling to lose weight and recover my health though.
Makes no sease...
So you lose fat (pufa, and pufa weigjt) and because of that you gain more fat and more weight, again because youre losing your pufa fat...
Its more like this...
Youre just gaining fat... the end.

Also Bloating is not unlimited, you cant bloat 20 kilogram... water weight is not sooo much as many try to comfort and lie to them selfs... fat is fat...

LUH 3417

I just nees to respod... water weigt is not a problem... yea you can bloat a bit, or a bit more... but its mostly fat people who try to comfort them selfs... there is no mistake in what fat is, grab your belly and if there is a soft tushue it is fat... if someone is fat and if he would lose all of the waterweight he still would be fat... if someone is lean and would bloat up, he would be a bit watery, lower weins, bloated, but not fat...
The wors thing is when youre fat and bloated, then you look superfat but youre just fat and you comfort your self that all of that is water... this response is not personaly 4U, but i dont like the argumet about water weight in a context where simeone is trully fat and then concludea that it is mostly water...
I have lost 10 lbs in a week taking some Chinese herbal concoction and it was al water weight. When I feel my fat it’s hard and dense feeling not smushy

Dino D

I have lost 10 lbs in a week taking some Chinese herbal concoction and it was al water weight. When I feel my fat it’s hard and dense feeling not smushy
Yes, 10lbs... thats about it... we can get a bit more with strong diuretics... but not 20 or 50 lbs over, 10 days or over one year... with those numbers it is always fat (and not 50lbs water weigt that looks like fat) in that context...

Cirion

Someone who is fat is 9/10 times going to carry lots of excess water weight as well. Inflammation drives obesity, and also water weight. If one can bring the water weight down, this means inflammation has dropped, which will then help in finally get the fat weight off. It's not possible to lose fat while the body is still inflamed (lots of water weight).

Also Bloating is not unlimited, you cant bloat 20 kilogram... water weight is not sooo much as many try to comfort and lie to them selfs... fat is fat...

Look, your posts are rather offensive, I don't know if you mean it that way, so I'm just gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't mean to be though.

Yes, you can bloat 20 kg. You are right though that it would involve a total of a lot more than 20 kg total body weight gain though. No, I don't pretend I'm not fat also though, but I know a lot is indeed water, but a lot is also fat. You can't gain 1-2 lb a day of fat, it's literally impossible. Yet I did precisely that (1-2 lb of weight gain) a day for several months in a row. I'm not telling this to comfort myself, I'm telling myself because I know that bloating is a sign of inflammation and so by losing it I can begin to chip away at the fat. For example I gained 2 lbs yesterday. That's bloat, not fat. You can't gain 2 lb of fat in one day.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

I was thinking this as well, so I've been keeping a close eye on my pulse/temps and thyroid supplement levels. It has been erratic. There was actually a day where I thought I was going to pass out and got heavy anxiety. My pulse was 60 despite me taking mostly t3 supplements (I do take some t4 - learned that lesson).

I've also been taking TocoVit daily to mitigate this. Still hasn't helped. I must have a serious amount of PUFA in me if this is the case.

Dino D

Someone who is fat is 9/10 times going to carry lots of excess water weight as well. Inflammation drives obesity, and also water weight. If one can bring the water weight down, this means inflammation has dropped, which will then help in finally get the fat weight off. It's not possible to lose fat while the body is still inflamed (lots of water weight).

Look, your posts are rather offensive, I don't know if you mean it that way, so I'm just gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't mean to be though.

Yes, you can bloat 20 kg. You are right though that it would involve a total of a lot more than 20 kg total body weight gain though. No, I don't pretend I'm not fat also though, but I know a lot is indeed water, but a lot is also fat. You can't gain 1-2 lb a day of fat, it's literally impossible. Yet I did precisely that (1-2 lb of weight gain) a day for several months in a row. I'm not telling this to comfort myself, I'm telling myself because I know that bloating is a sign of inflammation and so by losing it I can begin to chip away at the fat. For example I gained 2 lbs yesterday. That's bloat, not fat. You can't gain 2 lb of fat in one day.
Lets say it this way...
A bodybuilder, 80 kg, 5%BF...
Then he stops training, and eats super high fat and carbs...
He gains 40 kg, 5 kg muscle and 35 kg of something that looks like fat
His BF ( he is now 120 kg) is now lets say 33%
So the thing that looks like 35 kg of fat is maybe 29 kg of pure fat and 6kg water, and it is never 25 kg of water and 10 kg of fat... (what some folks here try to say)

So if im 35 kg overweight, there is no point and no confort in water weight because it is not that much, and it is not relevant...
Thats what i think...

Inspired

Yeah, but do you look so much different?
My fat can get squishy, and also be firm depending on water content, but when I actually take measurements with tape, to my surprise, the measurements are the same.

The original poster complained about abdominal fat and gynecostmastia like fat. That is unlikely to be all water weight. He probably has fat.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

IM having similar problems, my belly / midsection is gaining fat...
I bloat often...
I dont know what to do...
So you have tried high fat + carbs (sugar or starch), how did that go?

When I did high sugar/fat, I gained a ton of weight. Even high sugar/low fat made me gain. Just a few tsps of coconut oil per day and some red meat once in awhile was enough to keep the gain going. My attempt now, is basically trying get my data intake to zero. Still not working after about 10 days.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Yeah, but do you look so much different?
My fat can get squishy, and also be firm depending on water content, but when I actually take measurements with tape, to my surprise, the measurements are the same.

The original poster complained about abdominal fat and gynecostmastia like fat. That is unlikely to be all water weight. He probably has fat.

You're right, it's fat. I already went down the water weight trail - pounding tbsps of salt per day. My legs, face, arms, everything, are the same. I only gained in my midsection and some in my chest. I went from a six pack to looking like I'm 7 months pregnant.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

This is where fasting is good. You need a reset. And 10 days isn't enough

My thought is that fasting increases cortisol, and if cortisol is behind belly fat, then I'd be doing myself a disservice by fasting. Besides I've tried that too. I get insane hunger pangs (I'm assuming because I've been eating sugar for 18 months, my body is craving it).

Also, Peat has mentioned that sugar burning brings about autophagy (the main reason for fasting), but in a safe manner. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't like attributing something to Peat if I'm inaccurate in any way.

Dino D

My thought is that fasting increases cortisol, and if cortisol is behind belly fat, then I'd be doing myself a disservice by fasting. Besides I've tried that too. I get insane hunger pangs (I'm assuming because I've been eating sugar for 18 months, my body is craving it).

Also, Peat has mentioned that sugar burning brings about autophagy (the main reason for fasting), but in a safe manner. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't like attributing something to Peat if I'm inaccurate in any way.
People who fast or do omad dont gain belly fat, they lose it... as a general rule...
My sugar cravings stop when i eat a looot of carbs, and after a very short time they start again... if i eat proteins my cravings stop, (proteins and some carbs or sometimes just proteins)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals