Modified Mcdougall/Peat Diet Diet Seems To Be Very Efficient For Weight Loss

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

While I may not agree with his suggestions on legumes and Pufas/Veggies. I have been on this diet for over a week and there seems to be the following benefits.

Improved Insulin Muscle sensitivity
Weight loss
Androgenic fat distribution(away from face)
Androgenic muscle Increase-Large increases in Neck and Traps( I do lift)- Tho mostly Glycogen, the Neck is the fastest adapting muscle.
Possibly less protein needed than originally thought, a lot less.

Breakfast I do a Cup of Scottish Oats Soaked over night WAPF style- Maple syrup-Cinammon+OJ

Lunch as much potatos as I can stomach

Dinner Agian Potatos- Mabey some more OJ.-Small ammounts of lowfat meat. Some no fat diary.

Liver 1x a week,

It's just really easy to not eat fat, and it is very difficult to over eat.
Small doses of Niacinmide cured alot of the problems I had with starch due to not being to process such large glucose loads and the candida/bacteria being summoned to help consume it-Disrupting hormones.

For those with decent digestion, it is worth a try.

SOMO

Oats are somewhat high PUFA, but as long as you're limiting pufa elsewhere or never took fish oil in the past, you'll be fine.

I personally do well on legumes/lentils and I can't really think of a food more filling than beans. RP is not a fan of beans, but is a fan of corn tortillas, even though both are staples of Mexican cuisine.

Just make sure you cook your starches well and eat them hot to minimize endotoxin, gas and bloating.

I've read some WAPF literature, or at least writings from those on WAPF-type diet, that mention soaking and fermenting beans, but I have been unable to find any precedent for this in traditional South American cultures. That is to say, Mexicans definitely do not ferment their beans traditionally.

Honestly some of the Peat arguments against legumes are pretty weak. But at the end of the day, you have to find a diet that works for you, not a diet that someone else deems is the most scientifically-backed lol.

Last edited:

Ella

Forum Supporter
That is to say, Mexicans definitely do not ferment their beans traditionally.

@SOMO they may not ferment them but surely they would soak them? I know Italians traditionally soak them. I remember as a child having to rinse the beans which sat on the kitchen bench. I don't think they knew why to do this, but today we know that soaking decreases the anti-nutrients and increases the availablity of minerals. Masterjohn says if they are soaked 3 days, folate massively increases, however soak one day longer the folate drops.

EIRE24

While I may not agree with his suggestions on legumes and Pufas/Veggies. I have been on this diet for over a week and there seems to be the following benefits.

Weight loss
Androgenic muscle Increase-Large increases in Neck and Traps( I do lift)- Tho mostly Glycogen, the Neck is the fastest adapting muscle.

Breakfast I do a Cup of Scottish Oats Soaked over night WAPF style- Maple syrup-Cinammon+OJ

Dinner Agian Potatos- Mabey some more OJ.-Small ammounts of lowfat meat. Some no fat diary.

Liver 1x a week,

Small doses of Niacinmide cured alot of the problems I had with starch due to not being to process such large glucose loads and the candida/bacteria being summoned to help consume it-Disrupting hormones.

So you take niacinamide with your potatoes and think this stops the negative effects and bacteria feeding on them?

Wagner83

No tongue coating, no energy crash, no hunger in the afternoon? How many bm a day do you have?
Please update us in two months or so, you had posted a similar thread here but in the end given what you wrote it didn't sound like it worked that well. Niacinamide Was The Missing Piece For Me

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

No tongue coating, no energy crash, no hunger in the afternoon? How many bm a day do you have?
Please update us in two months or so, you had posted a similar thread here but in the end given what you wrote it didn't sound like it worked that well. Niacinamide Was The Missing Piece For Me

Well through experimentation.

I found niacinamide/Aspirin eats up glucose ALOT more than people think.
The only way to fuel these things is with large glucose laods throughout the day.

Hairloss/weight gain from aspirin and niacinmide people experience is not a lowering of stress hormones, but an increase in them and a increase in estrogen for lack of fuel to support the supplements.

While these supplements lower stress hormones, the increase in metabolism cannot be supported by most due to glycogen storage issues, and being use to a more fat oxidation metabolism. So alot of weight gets stored.

I believe boiled starchs make the body much more sensitive to insulin and and the aspirin/naicinamide aids this. This is when weight starts to come off and muscle begins to build.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 5487

So you take niacinamide with your potatoes and think this stops the negative effects and bacteria feeding on them?

Mabey not stopping them from eating the fibers/starch, but the excess glucose, since it allows the cells to shift more towards oxidation.

SOMO

@SOMO they may not ferment them but surely they would soak them? I know Italians traditionally soak them. I remember as a child having to rinse the beans which sat on the kitchen bench. I don't think they knew why to do this, but today we know that soaking decreases the anti-nutrients and increases the availablity of minerals. Masterjohn says if they are soaked 3 days, folate massively increases, however soak one day longer the folate drops.

Many do the same overnight soak process with dried peas or chickpeas, neither of which have the PHA lectin that beans and lentils have. Unlike beans, you could theoretically eat chickpeas and peas raw, but most people don't. so there's no discernible benefit as far as reducing antinutrients, but it's quicker to cook. And I think the end product is softer and more pleasant to consume. Freshly cooked unsoaked beans can be somewhat chewy and fibrous.

Soaking the beans overnight reduces some of the Raffinose (farty bean fiber that is hard to digest), but as far as I know the Stachyose and Starch stay intact. But as you noted, soaking affects nutrients. The more water-soluble ones like Vit B leak out into the water, along with some of the anthocyanins/natural color in the legume. The anthocyanins are traditionally thought of as antioxidants, and soaked beans have less of these.

All these food preparation steps like soaking, rinsing, sprouting or fermenting increase digestibility, but are largely unnecessary if someone is used to eating starch. (Or if portion sizes are kept small, as they tend to be with legumes.)

Well through experimentation.

I found niacinamide/Aspirin eats up glucose ALOT more than people think.
The only way to fuel these things is with large glucose laods throughout the day.

Hairloss/weight gain from aspirin and niacinmide people experience is not a lowering of stress hormones, but an increase in them and a increase in estrogen for lack of fuel to support the supplements.

While these supplements lower stress hormones, the increase in metabolism cannot be supported by most due to glycogen storage issues, and being use to a more fat oxidation metabolism. So alot of weight gets stored.

I believe boiled starchs make the body much more sensitive to insulin and and the aspirin/naicinamide aids this. This is when weight starts to come off and muscle begins to build.

@Amarsh213

1. Weight gain from aspirin? Isn't the anti-inflammatory+pro-metabolic effect of Aspirin enough to counteract weight gain?

2. Do you think someone can become hypoglycemic if they use too much aspirin? I haven't seen any evidence that high doses of aspirin would induce low blood sugar even on a carb-restricted diet.

Also what doses are you talking about? 1g a day or more? Have you personally experienced weight gain from aspirin or niacinamide?
I ask because it's interesting how 2 people will react very differently to the same compound, and on this forum aspirin/niacinamide is often recommended for weight loss.

Runenight201

I second this diet. I've been following it for about a month and a half now pretty much with the same principles, but with white rice + sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes, and about 7 servings of beans a day + a pea derived protein shake with my soaked oats with coconut milk in the morning, in order to keep the protein intake around 80g, along with complete removal of meat. The only downside I see to this way of eating is potentially the excess PUFA in the oats (I have about 2 cups of oats a day which is round 4 grams of omega-6 fatty acid) and eventually the depletion of B12 after a couple years, which thankfully I combat with my Silk Coconut milk which comes with b12 added into it.

I have 2-3 solid BMs a day due to the high fiber, and sleep is progressively getting better along with more sustained energy during the day (although I do add a caffeine pill to my oj+spinach+celery+cucumber+carrot smoothie to help with my still not perfect adaption to such a high glucose diet and inevitable crash I usually get around 1-2pm, which has occurred on every crazy diet I've ever been on).

Days where I really pack in the calories, I have 3 BM and really good sleep, better hair/less shedding, and more energy for working out as well engaging with the world and overall being happier. Days where I mess up and don't eat as many calories, I feel lethargic and weak, usually start having stress responses, and I'll wake up in the middle of the night hungry. I've found that white rice is superior to boiled potatoes and brown rice for me, simply because I can eat more of it, giving me the necessary calorie excess to stoke the metabolism and calm the stress hormones. I also usually eat a starchy meal right before bed to make sure I won't wake up in the middle of the night.

Still dealing with a lot of gas, so maybe I haven't hit the panacea yet, and its probably due to the insane amount of beans I eat a day, but hopefully after a couple of months my body adjusts to the high fiber + starch and I settle into a nice rhythm. What I like the most about eating this way is its insanely cheap, my grocery bill went from around 100 a week to 50 (rice, beans, and oats are so cheap). I've also lost about 7 pounds of what looks like mostly fat, as my muscles don't appear to have shrunk and I'm slowly looking more defined, which is nice because I believe body fat is not the move, especially if its accumulated around the stomach (which I struggle with). Still have inflammation (acne) and bloating, but I'm giving this a solid 6 month run before I re-evaluate, and the only thing I think I might change is remove some beans and add some meat.

Last edited:
I second this diet. I've been following it for about a month and a half now pretty much with the same principles, but with white rice + sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes, and about 7 servings of beans a day + a pea derived protein shake with my soaked oats with coconut milk in the morning, in order to keep the protein intake around 80g, along with complete removal of meat. The only downside I see to this way of eating is potentially the excess PUFA in the oats (I have about 2 cups of oats a day which is round 4 grams of omega-6 fatty acid) and eventually the depletion of B12 after a couple years, which thankfully I combat with my Silk Coconut milk which comes with b12 added into it.

I have 2-3 solid BMs a day due to the high fiber, and sleep is progressively getting better along with more sustained energy during the day (although I do add a caffeine pill to my oj+spinach+celery+cucumber+carrot smoothie to help with my still not perfect adaption to such a high glucose diet and inevitable crash I usually get around 1-2pm, which has occurred on every crazy diet I've ever been on).

Days where I really pack in the calories, I have 3 BM and really good sleep, better hair/less shedding, and more energy for working out as well engaging with the world and overall being happier. Days where I mess up and don't eat as many calories, I feel lethargic and weak, usually start having stress responses, and I'll wake up in the middle of the night hungry. I've found that white rice is superior to boiled potatoes and brown rice for me, simply because I can eat more of it, giving me the necessary calorie excess to stoke the metabolism and calm the stress hormones. I also usually eat a starchy meal right before bed to make sure I won't wake up in the middle of the night.

Still dealing with a lot of gas, so maybe I haven't hit the panacea yet, and its probably due to the insane amount of beans I eat a day, but hopefully after a couple of months my body adjusts to the high fiber + starch and I settle into a nice rhythm. What I like the most about eating this way is its insanely cheap, my grocery bill went from around 100 a week to 50 (rice, beans, and oats are so cheap). I've also lost about 7 pounds of what looks like mostly fat, as my muscles don't appear to have shrunk and I'm slowly looking more defined, which is nice because I believe body fat is not the move, especially if its accumulated around the stomach (which I struggle with). Still have inflammation (acne) and bloating, but I'm giving this a solid 6 month run before I re-evaluate, and the only thing I think I might change is remove some beans and add some meat.

Any update?

Runenight201

Any update?

Haha oh man just reading that old post of mine shows how much has changed. That diet worked in allowing me to have many bowel movements, and i lost weight, but my sleep never really improved, i was too hungry all the time, and I got so sick of eating all that starch and beans. The energy crashes never went away and I became ultra inflamed by the end of it (starch really inflames me badly).

Im having pretty good success on a meat, eggs, fruit, and sugar diet. Minimal goats milk in coffee. Much stronger, moods are a million times better, motivated, zero social anxiety/autism, clearer head, better skin/hair/nails/eyes, deeper voice, more attention from opposite sex, more attention in general from people, people are much nicer, easier to get along, more sociable, sharper mind, etc, etc... being healthy really is the key to success.

Starch and dairy really mess me up. A lil goats milk is fine with coffee/sugar, as this combo mitigates any negative opioid and digestive effects and provides a powerful mood boost. Starch never satiates and leaves me bloated, constipated, and estrogenic. It also always results in cystic acne...

Dinner was chicken thighs and apple juice + mixed berries + sugar smoothie. I even cheat and use Franks buffalo sauce with nasty canola oil, but it tastes so good lol. Sucking the nipple from sugars breast really mitigates a lot of the negative effects of foods, and even if I do consume starch, as long as I consume sufficient sugar it doesn’t mess me up AS badly, but I’d rather go without starch to be honest. The high sugar diet keeps my stomach lean and not bloated (coffee helps too). Animal products and starch always bloat, but the sugar counteracts, so I play a balancing game. The animal products keep me strong and build up a resilient body and mind, while the sugar and fruit cleanse and energize. Too much fruit and sugar and I become cold and hyper excited, peeing every 20 mins. Too many animals and i become bloated, slow, and heavy. Combine it all just right, and I feel pretty damn good =P

Haha oh man just reading that old post of mine shows how much has changed. That diet worked in allowing me to have many bowel movements, and i lost weight, but my sleep never really improved, i was too hungry all the time, and I got so sick of eating all that starch and beans. The energy crashes never went away and I became ultra inflamed by the end of it (starch really inflames me badly).

Im having pretty good success on a meat, eggs, fruit, and sugar diet. Minimal goats milk in coffee. Much stronger, moods are a million times better, motivated, zero social anxiety/autism, clearer head, better skin/hair/nails/eyes, deeper voice, more attention from opposite sex, more attention in general from people, people are much nicer, easier to get along, more sociable, sharper mind, etc, etc... being healthy really is the key to success.

Starch and dairy really mess me up. A lil goats milk is fine with coffee/sugar, as this combo mitigates any negative opioid and digestive effects and provides a powerful mood boost. Starch never satiates and leaves me bloated, constipated, and estrogenic. It also always results in cystic acne...

Dinner was chicken thighs and apple juice + mixed berries + sugar smoothie. I even cheat and use Franks buffalo sauce with nasty canola oil, but it tastes so good lol. Sucking the nipple from sugars breast really mitigates a lot of the negative effects of foods, and even if I do consume starch, as long as I consume sufficient sugar it doesn’t mess me up AS badly, but I’d rather go without starch to be honest. The high sugar diet keeps my stomach lean and not bloated (coffee helps too). Animal products and starch always bloat, but the sugar counteracts, so I play a balancing game. The animal products keep me strong and build up a resilient body and mind, while the sugar and fruit cleanse and energize. Too much fruit and sugar and I become cold and hyper excited, peeing every 20 mins. Too many animals and i become bloated, slow, and heavy. Combine it all just right, and I feel pretty damn good =P
Cool, sounds like you are figuring out what works for you. Thanks for the update!

Runenight201

Cool, sounds like you are figuring out what works for you. Thanks for the update!

No problem mr coconut =P

Btw I kept trying to add coconuts to my diet and I just can’t do it. Although to be fair I only tried the canned coconut cream and haven’t given fresh coconut a chance. Perhaps one day when I’m on a tropical island...but for now it will be on hold!

Daft

Very interesting and helpful thank you.
What doses of nia how often and when did you take?
Do you have any caffeine?
How much syrup in the oats?

tomisonbottom

Do you do orange juice too, or just apple?

Jsaute21

Weight loss

Liver 1x a week,

Looks great. Do you not snack or drink coffee?

TeaRex14

Is there a particular reason you have to use oats or is it just for the taste? Quinoa makes a great breakfast porridge and it's got half the fat content, with a slight favoring towards MUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals