Foods for a 1,600 kcal goal?

Jennifer

I'd be curious to see what ghost naturally is drawn to for calories and what calorie amount she feels best on, not what she has been told she should survive on. I would hate for her to get trapped into a nightmare diet cycle like so many of us on here have, whether the diets were calorie restrictive or restrictive in types of food.

And just for clarification, I'm not saying VoS is recommending she starve herself. I'm just curious what she feels is right for her body.

Yes, the way I advise to do that, now after reading Peat, is to tape measure and see the changes that correspond to a given level of calories each day. If you're gaining or not losing fat as shown by the measurements, you are likely eating too much. If you're losing muscle or lean body mass as shown by the measurements, then you are surely eating too little!

I don't suggest relying on uncharted impulse eating, especially after fasting for more than two hours. When you fast the cortisol and low blood sugar makes you feel much more hungry than you would otherwise be.

Jennifer

visionofstrength said:
Yes, the way I advise to do that, now after reading Peat, is to tape measure and see the changes that correspond to a given level of calories each day. I don't suggest relying on uncharted impulse eating, especially after fasting for more than two hours. When you fast the cortisol and low blood sugar makes you feel much more hungry than you would otherwise be.
Hmm...okay!

pboy

visionofstrength said:
Yes, the way I advise to do that, now after reading Peat, is to tape measure and see the changes that correspond to a given level of calories each day. If you're gaining or not losing fat as shown by the measurements, you are likely eating too much. If you're losing muscle or lean body mass as shown by the measurements, then you are surely eating too little!

I don't suggest relying on uncharted impulse eating, especially after fasting for more than two hours. When you fast the cortisol and low blood sugar makes you feel much more hungry than you would otherwise be.

dude...lol man. I don't even know what to say to such things, that mentality is so far off from reality its not even worthy of being on a Peat forum, but I guess its just what people are still infested with. There are so many factors that don't have to do with...like do you really think any kind of gut non flatness is instantly calories turned into fat? That's incredibly far off from reality man

even the shape of posture of organ shape, can change things. Simply stool can change shape and look. Water and mucus, waxy stuff is more likely than fat. You realize 2000 calories of fat is like so little in actual size...spread out over the torso you woulnt even be able to notice it? and there no way someone forms and shuttles 2000 calories of fat directly into the abdomen each day

That is profound pboy! But I think it's over my simple head, sorry! I just go with what the tape measure says?

The math works something like this: there are about 3,500 calories in a pound of human fat. If you take in 3,500 more calories than you metabolize and it all goes to fat, not lean body mass, then you will gain one pound of fat. I've based this on an interview Sheila found where Peat says one way you can tell your metabolic rate is by tracking the calories you eat, and the results in your bodyfat.

It's a bit over-simplified I think for simple minds like mine. I wish I had your mental powers!

Oh, wait, I think I may see what you mean! Here you say...

pboy said:
You realize 2000 calories of fat is like so little in actual size...spread out over the torso you wouldn't even be able to notice it?
You are wondering if a tape measure can track 1 pound of fat? Well, according to a study done by the US military with 100,000 men and women soldiers it can! But then again, I don't think they have anyone there as smart as you!

You can play with the numbers here:
http://www.free-online-calculator-use.c ... lator.html

PS. To be fair, I think you would not be the only one to argue that the military study is wrong, and that caliper tests are required to measure bodyfat with great accuracy.

I advise that tape measures are practical and give quick feedback, but if you want to use calipers, it's all good.

barbwirehouse

pboy said:
to be honest excersize is pretty much always a bad idea, in every way...when you really think about it. It serves no purpose, no tangible benefit to anybody, its all an ego driven thing that isn't based on reality, its like a gouge attempt. Light sport for fun with friends or family is good for bonding and good feelings, but weights and gym or running and all that is a waste. You will feel more athletic, energetic, strong, and energized by keeping a good diet, sleeping well, and NOT excersizing. Its burning valuable energy that someone had to work very hard to cultivate and get to your home into thin air with no gain at all other than a tired person who feels like s*** and gets sore. You will have an easier time, im sure as a girl this is really what the whole thing is about, being beautiful inside and out by not excersizing. The action you take in your day to day life is enough to use your limbs well and they'll tone appropriately. And being in a non stressed, happy loving...efficient, spending your time in a worthwhile way that elevates your soul, state will have you tone up and be more fit than gym style or waste of energy excersize will ever do...its not even in the same ballpark

:confused

Exercise serves no purpose? There are numerous well documented health benefits of regular exercise. If you're getting enough exercise from your job or whatever, you won't NEED to do other exercise but sitting around doing nothing all do is detrimental to your health, whatever your diet is.

Your post reminds me of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mMpE8AaA0

pboy

what do you think starving people think when they see fat americans wasting valuable food energy into thin air? and why not just live an active life doing actual worthwhile things to maintain movement and flow. Rather than run on the streets decked out in synthetic gear or go to a toxic gym, why not clean your home, or offer to help someone who needs it do something valuable? Im not even going to watch that video, anything that lady says is definitely estrogen ladened and not even worth listening to. The more energy you waste on useless things, the less you have to detoxify. People don't realize man, glucuronic acid and other mucoids, are made from carbohydrates and protein, and you need an abundance of energy to actually produce significant amounts of them. They are what remove any waste material or toxins or heavy metals or anything, including excess cholesterol, and PUFA's or whatever it may be. So you are better off losing weight and getting healthy not wasting that valuable energy on foolish things that are not even benficial. If your job requires a certain degree of physicality, eat right, sleep right, and your body will adapt to exactly how strong you need to be the most efficient at that job, no more, no less

tara

Jennifer said:
I'd be curious to see what ghost naturally is drawn to for calories and what calorie amount she feels best on, not what she has been told she should survive on. I would hate for her to get trapped into a nightmare diet cycle like so many of us on here have, whether the diets were calorie restrictive or restrictive in types of food.
:yeahthat

tara

pboy said:
anything that lady says is definitely estrogen ladened and not even worth listening to.
pboy, you've made many good points, but it is very disrespectful to dismiss everything someone says on the basis of their size.

I think you are right that excess exercise can be a problem, and that if you have a physical job, extra exercise may not be needed. And physical play has a lot going for it over pounding pavements etc. But some of us have sedentary jobs, and do benefit from some deliberate attention to moving enough to keep everything flowing, and using our muscles to develop strength. Housework doesn't generally use the body's full range of motion optimally (and it's indoors).

pboy

im just keeping It real, its not her size its her health, and the look on her face, and the arena shes speaking in. It is what it is, theres a reason children ask certain questions, and generally are more magnetized to healthy people. There are certain ways of nature that seek to optimize things, and if you use your senses you'll have a much better filter. Its for everyones well being. I guess what id want to write about might be a bit over peoples heads, so I wont. Is it disrespectful for a kid to ask their parents or ask the person straight up why are you fat? Or is it just a natural completely innocent question. She might have a lot of stuff that a lot of people find valuable to say....im not denying that...but to me, with what I know and have gone through first hand, its a slim to none chance she has anything of value to offer me at this point

tara

There is a big difference between a child asking that question (and context matter for this), and an adult saying 'nothing she says is worth listening to'. Whether it is her size or her health, I don't think it is any better to write off everything someone says on the basis of their health, either. People get where they are through many different paths, often including factors beyond their control.
You cannot always tell how healthy someone is by looking at them (though I'll agree you can sometimes get some clues), but fat people are routinely subjected to this kind of judgement. 'Fit and healthy' looking people surprise their families and friends by dropping dead of heart attacks fairly regularly, too. I haven't watched the video, so I have no reason to assume i would agree or disagree with what she says. I think it is good to avoid blanket disrespect for a person's opinions, on the basis of what they look like.
Of course, context matters, so it might be reasonable to be a bit sceptical about some kinds of claims.

pboy

I don't mean to be rude and I should probably keep things like that to myself. Its hard or probably impossible for me to get across what ive gone through and know, I guess im a unique case, if im around someone for more than a few minutes I pretty much know most of what governs that persons mentality, just by subtle cues and when they talk, its an immediate give away of their outlook and therefore inner being. But yea, that's probably something I should keep off the public forum. It might sound harsh, but generally a lot of the guilt around being that overwight or unhealthy is actually justified, and at many points in such a persons life they've made weak decisions, selfish decisions, over and over and over, to actually end up like that. So nature is showing people based on their energy and look, a glimpse into the persons inner reality. It takes a lot of courage, and absolute dedication to not doing things in a self centered, poisonous way to stay healthy...so if someone is many hundreds of pounds overweight, it indicates something. Its not just about overweight also, its everything written on their face or posture to pretty much everything.

apologies, ill not speak more about that

tara

pboy said:
apologies, ill not speak more about that
There are many contributors to people's weight, fat, and health issues. For instance, metabolic inheritance, unknown or unavoidable environmental chemicals, lifetime nutrition, injuries, unresolved acute or chronic stress conditions (including society's approbation), and probably many others. As you know, some fat people are a lot healthier than some thin people. Everybody makes some good and some not so good choices. People are constantly judging fat people as being weak-willed, or having made poor choices etc. I consider that seriously oppressive. So is blaming people for their health difficulties. I think stopping it would be a good idea in general, not just here. I don't think perpetuating common but inaccurate public stereotypes counts as getting real.

pboy

its too complex to talk about here...all of those things matter like you said, but the point is...when things aren't right, do you look for a solution, with trust of nature in mind, using your senses, or do you just keep doing the same things everyone else does, or follow advice of fellow stressed out ill people? At some point, its on you to realize something is wrong, and follow your senses, not other people, including your family job or whatever, and start making changes, and know not to speak about what you aren't sure about rather than throwing out non true meems that perpetuate the situation. You have to have the courage to look beyond mainstream and even get away from family or friends or job or whatever, at the end of the day your senses never lie, and you cant blame anyone but themselves for doing things that their most basic intimate deepest thing, their own senses, say not to do. An example is using hair spray or something, or some kind of chemical cleaner. Clearly your senses are telling you one thing, but everyone will make some excuse why they do it, and they'll laugh at the people who say that kidn of thing is toxic and part of their problem. I realize the incredibly difficult situation we are in as a society and what is passed down in families and what people just accept because its what everyone else does or their job or news or whatever says, but really...your senses tell you all you need to know, and at some point its on you to honor or not honor them, and the most disrespectful thing is when people who don't get it yet start giving advice like they know what theyre talking about, when they are just spitting meems. This also includes your 6th sense of intuition and vibe, which most people lost touch with many years ago

tara

pboy said:
the most disrespectful thing is when people who don't get it yet start giving advice like they know what theyre talking about, when they are just spitting meems.
I agree this can be a problem.

And as you say, our societies are in a difficult way, in many ways.
Most people do not have access to adequate good quality food, whatever their senses might tell them.
Millions of people are exposed to widespread environmental toxins they have no immediate control over, even if they know they are there.
E.g., in my town, thousands of people have recently learned that their gardens are likely contaminated with systemic poisons at levels likely to affect health. It's been like that for decades, but most people didn't know about it. It may be killing people. This happens all over the world.

Daimyo

pboy said:
to be honest excersize is pretty much always a bad idea, in every way...when you really think about it. It serves no purpose, no tangible benefit to anybody, its all an ego driven thing that isn't based on reality, its like a gouge attempt. Light sport for fun with friends or family is good for bonding and good feelings, but weights and gym or running and all that is a waste. You will feel more athletic, energetic, strong, and energized by keeping a good diet, sleeping well, and NOT excersizing. Its burning valuable energy that someone had to work very hard to cultivate and get to your home into thin air with no gain at all other than a tired person who feels like s*** and gets sore. You will have an easier time, im sure as a girl this is really what the whole thing is about, being beautiful inside and out by not excersizing. The action you take in your day to day life is enough to use your limbs well and they'll tone appropriately. And being in a non stressed, happy loving...efficient, spending your time in a worthwhile way that elevates your soul, state will have you tone up and be more fit than gym style or waste of energy excersize will ever do...its not even in the same ballpark

Pboy you clearly underestimate how much attention easy girls put into guy's size and physical appearance. Looking fit is good, but being big (even with higher bf) is another level of the game. It's like some sort primal trier is turn on in some girls.

Now, if you give advice to a girl, it's spot on. Sort out your health/thyroid first, it's going to make the biggest difference. There's almost no benefits (appearance wise) if a girl exercise a lot. Not being fat or skint-fat is all it's needed. You should know you are on the right track by feeling your biceps or calf muscles. If you can't find them, you should try hard to sort out your health.

Easy way to loose fat is to take thyroid supplements. Yoda about the Dark Side, answering Luke's question:Is the dark side stronger?): "No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive."

Daimyo

tara said:
E.g., in my town, thousands of people have recently learned that their gardens are likely contaminated with systemic poisons at levels likely to affect health. It's been like that for decades, but most people didn't know about it. It may be killing people. This happens all over the world.
What sort of stuff are you talking tara? Heavy metals?

tara

Lead, arsenic, maybe POPs.
Lead arsenate was a recommended pesticide up until a few decades ago. Lead sticks to soil for a long time, and is ingested as dust and soil, esp by children, but also by gardeners, anyone who leaves the window open on a windy day, and chooks, who put some of it in their eggs. It's taken up by plants, especially leafy greens, stalks, roots, less in fruit. Arsenic can hang around for a while too, but is more likely to leach into water.
I haven't yet found out anything about the 'persistent organic pesticides', other than they are persistent and harmful to health.
Can't prove that any particular person has died of it, but I know a few people with measured elevated blood levels, and some seriously ill with things that could be associated. Probability seems to me that with many people slightly poisoned, some more than others - esp the ones who thought they were doing the right thing growing their own organic food, it would push a few over the edge. We had a period a couple of years ago with a lot of loose soil lying around in large parts of the city and a hot windy summer - my guess is that didn't help. My level is on the borderline, and i suspect the thresholds are a bit high from what I've read, but I don't have the background to be able to convert different units etc between different studies.

To fix the land if the lead level is too high, the standard approach is to remove truck loads of soil (to where?) and replace with truckloads of soil (from where?).

When I first heard about it, I read some studies from US, including some that concluded that it was safer for general population health to leave some apple orchards as orchards than to convert to residential. I also read of community food projects where free range eggs tested high in lead.

Many places in the world I would expect would have this kind of problem. Also with many other chemicals, and radiation, all over the world. etc. Remember Love Canal? Nuclear weapons testing in Pacific and Australia and other places? Bhopal disaster? Chernobyl? Oils spills in Africa, China, Gulf of Mexico? And all the small areas - the old sheep dip, the the potting shed where the pesticides got mixed and spilled, early multiple xray victims, chlorine, ...
My point is not that it's hopeless and nothing anyone can do - I don't believe that - but that it's not fair to blame people for having health problems that can have many causes, and that quite a lot of the inhabited world is affected one way or another.

natedawggh

Hi Ghost!

Cutting calories like that will only make your problems worse. The great news is that you are so young it is easy to get better.

Cut out ALL GRAINS. Grain starch is the biggest culprit in weight gain. Eat potatoes and fruit instead for carbs. Cut out all processed foods and bad oils. Eat lots of dairy and butter and coconut oil and you should begin to lose weight within just a week or two.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals