Is This Weight Loss Plan OK?

anniejohnson

I've been limiting PUFA for about 10 years. Not as crazy low as some of you. I still eat eggs and some chicken. Occasionally I eat out.

I'm a little overweight. Various factors were at play. But I assume most of my excess fat is saturated.

How does this eating plan seem to you?

Daily:

1 gallon fat free milk
1 quart orange juice
1 boiled egg
1 tsp coconut oil
1 ounce salted cheese

weekly: beef liver, canned smoked oysters

Occasional: coca cola

Exercise: compound kettlebell exercises five days a week. Nothing too strenuous. Not doing more than 5 reps a set. Just doing a set here and there throughout the day. Mainly get ups, clean and press, farmers carry, etc. No swings.

The diet likely gives me a caloric deficit, but not an excessive one. I am 5'9", 200 lbs, male.

My interest is losing fat and preserving muscle. This diet was designed based on studies I read online. Some of the studies claim that participants lost fat and gained muscle while exercising in a prolonged caloric deficit.

I am familiar with the Minnesota starvation experiment. Hopefully the large amount of vitamins, minerals, proteins, etc. in my diet will offset any bad effects.

I haven't read as extensively on this forum as I would like to yet.

It is my impression that people here are not fond of caloric deficits a la the currently popular CICO diet. Is that the case?

I also think I read of someone (TCA300) who may have had bad effects from a very low fat diet. I couldn't quite tell what happened in that case.

Do you all think it is dangerous to eat a low fat diet like I am? I am putting the cheese, egg, and oil in the diet because I am worried about possible bad effects from such a diet.

For many years, I ate a very high fat diet (coconut oil and butter).

Thank you.

YourUniverse

Your diet covers all the basics and is the fundamental one most people base their eating around.

Im starting to realize (and im sure many have realized this long ago) that "you are what you eat" in terms of your ratio of proteins-carbs-fats. You've been eating peaty for 10 years and still are a little overweight, but admittedly with a high coconut oil/butter diet. Maybe replacing those with carbs and proteins will lead to the changes youre looking for?

olive

You’d become deficient in vitamin b3, vitamin e, vitamin k, iron and manganese following this diet for any extended period of time. Also your methionine intake will be massive due to the ridiculous amount of milk you plan to consume. Consider supplementing with glycine to offset it’s uptake and consequential effects.
Also drink coffee before dairy consumption to offset the rise in prolactin via the opioid receptor.
Also consider doing some LISS and HIIT cardio on top of those kettlebell exercises, if your health allows.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals