New Fat Loss Strategy- Don't Cut Calories, Fix The Gut, Liver, Metabolism, Hormones (Tanka's Log)

Broken man

what was your dosage of each, and your starting and ending weight if you don't mind my asking? 30kg is a lot of weight loss in 3 months for sure
Thats it, I dont know because I am using it by how I feel. For example, when I am bloated, I am using more of taurine so one tea spoon but when I am not feeling bloated I am using half. Taurine is helping me because when I am bloated, its mostly due to lack of bile acids due to my celiac disease. Inosine when I am tired. Start dose is about 400 mg. and about 500-1000 mg of magnesium, you should know if its good amount for you espesially for magnesium and its laxative effects when higher dose is used.

Cirion

Thanks for the info. I never considered that taurine may help bloat. I may have to try it.

Peatful

So as the new year has hit, I have a new strategy for fat loss. Been thinking about this over December, and I'm now putting it all into play.

First, before ANYONE chimes in with CICO, or the Laws of Thermodynamics, read this piece from Lyle McDonald, which I still think is excellent and very accurate- The Energy Balance Equation

One of the things that stands out..... water. You could be suffering from Edema and carrying around an extra 50 pounds. Even if you did everything in the equation perfectly, you could still carry around those 50 pounds of water weight if you didn't fix what's causing the Edema. However, if you DID correct the issue, you might lose that water weight in days or a couple weeks, even while increasing caloric intake.

If you doubt that, check out this- How To Lose 20–30 Pounds In 5 Days: The Extreme Weight Cutting and Rehydration Secrets of UFC…

Beyond that, the other big takeaway is that CI and CO are interdependent variables. So, going around slashing intake (by a little or lot, smartly or foolishly) may not get you the results you desire. I counted calories with a fitbit for a few years, and while I did have some success, I always had underlying issues. I've basically been in "Screw It" mode for the past six months, but now..... time for a new strategy that I really think will start to get at the underlying issues.

Here, I will point out that some people (like Billy Craig) increased their caloric intake (big time, in Billy's case), and lost or maintained weight. Also, consider the following plans and testimonials-

PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

My RESULTS-IN-6-MONTHS Plan

The Last Canary: The Eat as Much as Possible Diet

If anything, they seem to let hunger do the regulating, and maybe even eating beyond hunger. I would also like to reference this excellent article by Hans, which also helped me with my new strategy-

Hormones And Fat Loss

One more segue. Ever sprained your ankle? I have. One thing I know is that it can swell up pretty quick, and if not controlled, will swell up way past being able to fit into your normal shoes or socks. Well, if your GI tract or liver had a similar attack..... what would swell up? I'm thinking now that anyone that has more that a little bit of belly fat probably has issues with the GI tract and/or liver, and that those should be fixed before any sort of artificial calorie control. So, here's my plan.

1. Completely eliminate offending foods. This would include iron fortified grains (especially wheat), high PUFA oils, alcohol (especially beer) and high Tryptophan foods, which basically means anything with Whey protein. Specifically, liquid milk and ice cream (shed single tear). However, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt are still on the menu, as they are mostly casein protein, and have a LOT less tryptophan. Also, dairy seems to be really adulterated in modern times, so I am also staying away from anything with added gums or Vitamin A.

1A. But be sure to eat plenty, especially lots of protein, carbs, sugar, and saturated fat.

2. Clean the liver. Things like K2, aspirin, caffiene, inosine, succinic acid, and Vitamin E Succinate are tops on my list.

3. Heal the GI tract. This included making the gut barrier stronger, by eating enough calories and protein, and targeting some things that should help rebuild it, like Vitamin C, glycine, lysine, and proline. Also, keeping gut bacteria in check, through things like carrots, antibiotics, charcoal, and such. I have some Glutamine powder, and might use this for a limited time. I'm certainly wary of supplementing Glutamine long term.

4. Raise Metabolism. Through things like eating enough, inosine, thyroid, and upping the salt

5. Improve circulation. Inclined Bed Therapy and walking are really big for me.

6. Oppose and eliminate Serotonin and Endotoxin. Through the GI strategies, and vitamins B2, C, and D, and salt

7. Oppose Estrogen. Through Progesterone, B1, and B2.

8. Lower Cortisol (and other stress). Vitamin C and being less stressed out in general is the plan. Got a new massager for Christmas, so I will be using that quite a bit.

So, that's the big strategy. I'll be updating this periodically.
Update?

Mauritio

I think he's not on the forum anymore.

Peatful