Progesterone Use For Males

smith

you'll probably see more feminization with high estrogen + high progesterone than low estrogen + high progesterone
Progesterone MASCULINIZES males according to some forum posts, so this makes a lot of sense, thanks. Is there any difference in type of estrogen in males? Stress-induced estrogen or phytoestrogens vs. "natural" forms like Estradiol for example? Estrogen is said to also masculinize males, but this is a generalization; the estrogen type induced by stress is what masculinizes, while "natural" estrogen produced in a non-stressed state feminizes.

lampofred

Progesterone MASCULINIZES males according to some forum posts, so this makes a lot of sense, thanks. Is there any difference in type of estrogen in males? Stress-induced estrogen or phytoestrogens vs. "natural" forms like Estradiol for example? Estrogen is said to also masculinize males, but this is a generalization; the estrogen type induced by stress is what masculinizes, while "natural" estrogen produced in a non-stressed state feminizes.

I have no idea whether different types of estrogens have different effects... I thought all estrogens had the same effect except in terms of how strong they were. In other words E1 does the same things as E2 except it's 100x weaker, for example. Maybe you're thinking of DHEA? Stress induces estrogen which makes the adrenals go crazy and produce too much DHEA which causes hairiness and other signs of excessive masculinization.

And I think progesterone masculinizes only to the extent to which it counteracts estrogen. Too much progesterone makes me emotional, so it definitely has a feminizing effect mentally. But it doesn't have any feminizing effects on the body in terms of growing breasts or anything like that. TBH, it's all really confusing.

Entropy

I don't feel masculinized with progesterone at all, even though oddly when I was taking small doses a few times a month (3MG a drop, 2/3 drops max topically). and having blood work done my testosterone was soaring along the lines of hitting puberty.

But in terms of feeling, my experience it changes the way my energy wants to be distributed, just wants to "chill", strength declines, mentally less and physically less ambitious, weaker masculine polarity. More "fatigued" in general, not sure if that's the right word maybe overally wanting to be "rested". Takes about a month to feel normal again. Maybe the mental fatigue comes from placing the dose topically on the scalp.

In positive note, progesterone makes skin and hair feel amazing. But the side effects are not worth, as I found in my experience it's just risky to play with hormones, even with Panterone/DHEA in the pansterone mix having to deal with same long lasting effects.

Pregnenolone can give me the same effects as progesterone, and also takes almost a month for me to feel 'normal' again. I think Vitamin E might have similar effects. Currently experimenting atm.

Maybe I'll try separate DHEA supplement in combination with Progest-E or the SFA Pansterone. As I found pregnenolone in MCT ver of Pansterone was still strong enough to cause progesterone like effects in me, maybe the MCT ver wasn't mixing the dose well enough.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:

Progesterone

I don't feel masculinized with progesterone at all, even though oddly when I was taking small doses a few times a month (3ML a drop, 2/3 drops max topically). and having blood work done my testosterone was soaring along the lines of hitting puberty.

But in terms of feeling, my experience it changes the way my energy wants to be distributed, just wants to "chill", strength declines, mentally less and physically less ambitious, weaker masculine polarity. More "fatigued" in general, not sure if that's the right word maybe "rested". Takes about a month feel normal again. Maybe the mental fatigue comes from placing the dose topically on the scalp.

In positive note, progesterone makes skin and hair feel amazing. But the side effects are not worth, as I found in my experience it's just risky to play with hormones, even with Panterone/DHEA in the mix having to deal with long lasting effects.

Pregnenolone can give me the same effects as progesterone, and also takes almost a month for me to feel 'normal' again. I think Vitamin E might have similar effects. Currently experimenting atm.

Maybe I'll try separate DHEA supplement in combination with Progest-E or the SFA Pansterone. As I found pregnenolone in MCT ver of Pansterone was still strong enough to cause progesterone like effects in me, maybe the MCT ver wasn't mixing the dose well enough.

So for you it was very pro-hair and skin? What do yo mean by it made your hair feel amazing?

What dosage were you using for these effects?

Entropy

So for you it was very pro-hair and skin? What do yo mean by it made your hair feel amazing?

What dosage were you using for these effects?

Hey Jonny,

Hair quality, I would get more "bounce", and shape, like my hair would retain moisture and give off a slightly curly shape. Overall just more life into the hair and scalp, as for regrowth didn't notice much, but can definitely feel the potential. But I was dosing small, one drop is (3mg) and would be doing 2-3 drops topically once in a while. Higher doses, like 5 drops would risk giving me a headache.

In terms of skin, I noticed the skin being more 'soft', a glowing white, in the sense that it would even out my skin tone.

I found eating liver to have similar effects for hair, not as profound, but noticeable the very next day while also accompanying a better mood, overall nice stable energetic state, and of course without any 'fatigue' or 'rested state', autonomic symptoms of progesterone or pregnenolone.

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

I don't feel masculinized with progesterone at all, even though oddly when I was taking small doses a few times a month (3ML a drop, 2/3 drops max topically). and having blood work done my testosterone was soaring along the lines of hitting puberty.

But in terms of feeling, my experience it changes the way my energy wants to be distributed, just wants to "chill", strength declines, mentally less and physically less ambitious, weaker masculine polarity. More "fatigued" in general, not sure if that's the right word maybe overally wanting to be "rested". Takes about a month to feel normal again. Maybe the mental fatigue comes from placing the dose topically on the scalp.

In positive note, progesterone makes skin and hair feel amazing. But the side effects are not worth, as I found in my experience it's just risky to play with hormones, even with Panterone/DHEA in the pansterone mix having to deal with same long lasting effects.

All of this is straight up relative, and it seems so precariously situated on one’s own context and well-being that it almost becomes unhelpful to give advice. However, Progest-e, for me specifically, (male) was feminizing - possibly in the way you described (my shoulders became less broad despite working out and my skull shrunk in size) - while DHEA/ Progesterone seems more androgenic off the bat. (I have not been experimenting with this combo for two weeks.) Pansterone (same) either required more calories than I could consume or was unable to help me build muscle, as promised. All of these things had *other* effects that are not necessarily relevant to this dialogue, but I would venture to say each thing might at times come with unwanted results.

Entropy

All of this is straight up relative, and it seems so precariously situated on one’s own context and well-being that it almost becomes unhelpful to give advice. However, Progest-e, for me specifically, (male) was feminizing - possibly in the way you described (my shoulders became less broad despite working out and my skull shrunk in size) - while DHEA/ Progesterone seems more androgenic off the bat. (I have not been experimenting with this combo for two weeks.) Pansterone (same) either required more calories than I could consume or was unable to help me build muscle, as promised. All of these things had *other* effects that are not necessarily relevant to this dialogue, but I would venture to say each thing might at times come with unwanted results.

Interesting you mentioned the skull shrinking, I also noticed my skull looking smaller after using progesterone, possibly could be muscles shrinking more than skull itself.

Yeah working out becomes more difficult and not so much stimulating. If I'm taking Progestrone I'd have to mentally understand I would have to now drag myself to workout or really push extra hard to even retrain the strength or weights lifted prior to supplementing. Strength comes back after a while when effects are wearing off, although of course there's time wasted as you feel you're going backwards.

And Interestingly I noticed when taking Androsterone, some opposite effects. My face would start to look more androgenic again, and my workouts became amazing. Although there was some issues with Androsterone (could be DMSO supplements or Sex, or combination of both) but at the time back of my hair was feeling more dry and developing more white hairs than usual.

Arnold Grape

Interesting you mentioned the skull shrinking, I also noticed my skull looking smaller after using progesterone, possibly could be muscles shrinking more than skull itself.

Yeah working out becomes more difficult and not so much stimulating. If I'm taking Progestrone I'd have to mentally understand I would have to now drag myself to workout or really push extra hard to even retrain the strength or weights lifted prior to supplementing. Strength comes back after a while when effects are wearing off, although of course there's time wasted as you feel you're going backwards.

And Interestingly I noticed when taking Androsterone, some opposite effects. My face would start to look more androgenic again, and my workouts became amazing. Although there was some issues with Androsterone (could be DMSO supplements or Sex, or combination of both) but at the time back of my hair was feeling more dry and developing more white hairs than usual.
Aye! It’s so hard to figure out - what’s worse is when what works momentarily then changes. I must be straight up dumb because I cannot make these determinations immediately and it takes me a while (in these experiments) to figure out what’s (not) working.

-Too bad about the Prog because it made me feel better than I have in my entire life, when I wasn’t looking in a mirror

Entropy

Aye! It’s so hard to figure out - what’s worse is when what works momentarily then changes. I must be straight up dumb because I cannot make these determinations immediately and it takes me a while (in these experiments) to figure out what’s (not) working.

-Too bad about the Prog because it made me feel better than I have in my entire life, when I wasn’t looking in a mirror

Right, I really enjoyed some benefits of Progesterone, mostly hair and skin, anti-aging look, and It looks like the frown bumps flatten out.

But understandable! I've gone through a few cycles of taking Progesterone and always think, "I'll get over the effects, I just need a good hit for my skin and hair" but end up regretting it!

Maybe I'll try microdosing Prog less than ~1MG with DHEA.

On Progesterone I'm like, oh nice my skin is so soft, my hair so nice, but it's like be a Geisha or a viscous Tiger..

Looking for the that sweet spot in the middle

Progesterone

I never noticed the sides of Progesterone (negative sides) that much, UNTIL I started playing sports.. then I noticed it! lol. Felt like I could not get as into the game, was a slight step behind, no genuine aggression, that is very hard to force.

xetawaves

I can tell my skull has shrunk a bit since starting progesterone as well. Not much but I can tell. I've been taking progesterone for 6 months. Are you guys saying that it made your faces more feminine? Cause I definitely haven't experienced that lol I would've stopped taking it. How old are you guys, that could be why. I wouldn't recommend a middle aged male to take progesterone as a daily supplement. Maybe a small dose every once in a while to boost androgens. I believe they should be taking low dose testosterone if anything. I'm not sure how your testosterone was so high @Entropy yet you felt weak. Are you sure you were eating enough?

I believe the skull shrinking is what regrows hair or halts hair loss for some men. It's like finasteride in that way, but fin is much much stronger. I've seen some before and after fin images and some of them don't even look like the same person. Scary stuff. I assume facial changes can be fixed with androgens though.

Progesterone has done nothing but good things for me. Sometimes my libido can be a bit low though, but it's not often. Many things can lower libido. I actually find myself craving sex and enjoying it a lot more than before progesterone. It becomes visceral. My hormones feel balanced for the first time in my life. My face isn't soaked in oil, I don't have cystic acne anymore, and my mind is calmer than it has ever been.

Luckytype

For those that mention being "chilled out" and calm on prog it likely is related to you being able to relax.

Its documented and discussed that a healthier cell, group of cells, organ, body is one that can completely relax if only for a moment. Perhaps its this on a level for you guys. Its different but sometimes those with the healthiest libido and the accompanying hormones are the ones that have desire, but a controlled desire, not a raging out of control trying to bang everything in sight desire.

Probably due to decrease in DHT

Progesterone

I just dosed 12.5mg of clomid.

I have an important event tomorrow and need the T boost.

ALSO I've been shedding a lot past few days!

Let's see if my shedding slows to nothing as it did before on clomid.

RayPeatFan777

I never noticed the sides of Progesterone (negative sides) that much, UNTIL I started playing sports.. then I noticed it! lol. Felt like I could not get as into the game, was a slight step behind, no genuine aggression, that is very hard to force.
Maybe you couldnt channel that adrenaline which can obviously help with sports and intensity. It would make sense.

baccheion

I don't feel masculinized with progesterone at all, even though oddly when I was taking small doses a few times a month (3MG a drop, 2/3 drops max topically). and having blood work done my testosterone was soaring along the lines of hitting puberty.

What was testosterone, free testosterone, etc each time?

Peater Pan

Progest-E, three small drops a day, no I don't think it's good to cycle it, I think it's better to sustain it's therapeutic effect and avoid any rebound of estrogens, if in fact there are any... the positive effects on my sex health great are just really, really great and I don't want to cycle that if I don't have to.
1 drop, 3x/day?

Peater Pan

Chiming in here because I've had very positive experiences with progesterone. I usually take a few drops of Health Natura's Progesterone (6 to 20 mg depending how I feel) and it's been great for mood stability, social engagement, anxiety, depression, sex drive and pretty much everything else. Shrinkage can happen but in my experience it's only happens when it doesn't matter. Last night I took around 30 drops (90mg) which is the biggest dose I've ever done and despite it being the end of a long work week I've been in a good mood all day. I really think that small doses may be an issue due to estrogen release and that men shouldn't be afraid to take larger doses sometimes to overcome this. This is an indispensable supplement for me.
Opinion on Health Natura's vs. Progest-E?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals