DHEA + Progesterone == Pro-anabolic, Testosterone-promoting?

B

Braveheart

Ohh gonna try this. Just randomly experimenting, I started to notice that the cortinon of 8:1 feels really good and even better when I add in more progesterone throughout the day. I suspect that the lower ratios aromatize in people easily than the studies show esp given the chronic stress on people's metabolisms these days or at least on mine :). Gonna play around with 50 mg of progesterone to 5mg of dhea. I did 20mg of progesterone to 2mg of dhea this morning and feeling quite happy n euphoric :)!!!
Dand is back! Look forward to your comments as always.....

T

TheBeard

Ohh gonna try this. Just randomly experimenting, I started to notice that the cortinon of 8:1 feels really good and even better when I add in more progesterone throughout the day. I suspect that the lower ratios aromatize in people easily than the studies show esp given the chronic stress on people's metabolisms these days or at least on mine :). Gonna play around with 50 mg of progesterone to 5mg of dhea. I did 20mg of progesterone to 2mg of dhea this morning and feeling quite happy n euphoric :)!!!

Careful about feminization with such a high dose of progesterone.

dand

Dand is back! Look forward to your comments as always.....
I am happy to comment more, I'm always doing stuff and experimenting :). I just don't work the same job as I did years ago so not in front of a computer as much. Please make sure to tag me so I receive any questions or comments. Thanks!!

Marquis777

I didn’t read all your thread, but just add pregnenolone, and you’ll see results. Maybe up to 100-150mg ED though.
I used 200 mg of pregnenolone and make biecep curls went from 30lbs to 45lbs 10 reps. I had some baking soda too.

dand

Yes, I can confirm this. A ratio of up to 3:1 (progesterone:DHEA) seems to work best for non-athletes but for people doing heavy lifting even higher ratios seem to work even better. The bodybuilder I was referring to uses up to 11:1 ratio and says it fully replaces his T injections without any difference, and in fact does not seem to suppress him. He has not done blood tests yet, but will do them in August and will post the results here.
Progesterone's blocking of muscle catabolism actually exceeds that of testosterone as it is a better/stronger GR antagonist than T. However, progesterone is considered catabolic hormone in men similar to T3 which really baffles me because I have not seen such effects from either. Both may have such effects in very high doses but in doses under 300mg progesterone, when combined with DHEA, seems to be remarkably anti-catabolic. T3 also has anti-cortisol effects and in lower doses it actually leads to decrease in fat and increase in muscle, partially due to thyrodi increasing androgen synthesis (especially the 5-AR derived ones).
I think his regimen is 5mg DHEA + 50mg progesterone, taken 3 times daily. He says that this removes any bloat that he used to get with T and that this combo feels equivalent to about 75mg injected T daily.
@haidut , did we ever get feedback on the bodybuilders blood results w this ? Gracias, hermano.

Mossy

I’d be curious to hear if people are still having success with prog and/or preg and dhea combos.

I’d be curious to hear if people are still having success with prog and/or preg and dhea combos.
@SonOfEurope im curious as to whether or not it makes sense to ingest progesterone. I’m aware of it having around 8% absorption. Are most of the people in this thread using this topically or ingesting?

@SonOfEurope im curious as to whether or not it makes sense to ingest progesterone. I’m aware of it having around 8% absorption. Are most of the people in this thread using this topically or ingesting?
We are talking about specific milligrams although there is like 3 different ways I have tried progesterone pregnenolone and dhea with varying absorption/metabolism. I’ve injected, oral, and transdermal all of these.

Yes, I can confirm this. A ratio of up to 3:1 (progesterone:DHEA) seems to work best for non-athletes but for people doing heavy lifting even higher ratios seem to work even better. The bodybuilder I was referring to uses up to 11:1 ratio and says it fully replaces his T injections without any difference, and in fact does not seem to suppress him. He has not done blood tests yet, but will do them in August and will post the results here.
Progesterone's blocking of muscle catabolism actually exceeds that of testosterone as it is a better/stronger GR antagonist than T. However, progesterone is considered catabolic hormone in men similar to T3 which really baffles me because I have not seen such effects from either. Both may have such effects in very high doses but in doses under 300mg progesterone, when combined with DHEA, seems to be remarkably anti-catabolic. T3 also has anti-cortisol effects and in lower doses it actually leads to decrease in fat and increase in muscle, partially due to thyrodi increasing androgen synthesis (especially the 5-AR derived ones).
I think his regimen is 5mg DHEA + 50mg progesterone, taken 3 times daily. He says that this removes any bloat that he used to get with T and that this combo feels equivalent to about 75mg injected T daily.
As someone who's done T and aalso Prog + DHEA, this is so ridiculous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals