Are Castrated Males more or less healthy than Regular Males?

Ben

Just a theoretical question. I have several small varicoceles on both sides of my testicles and that probably impairs testosterone production for me quite a bit. I don't know if health insurance would pay to do microsurgery on them.

If my testosterone production is indeed lower, would it benefit my health to get them fixed? Or do I have some sort of compensatory mechanism that keeps my health as good as an equivalent person with higher testosterone production? For example, a benefit of lower testosterone is lower estrogen. Does this result in higher progesterone? Or lower progesterone, since testicles produce progesterone? But then, what compensates? Surely you don't need testicles or ovaries to be healthy, right?

OP
B

Ben

Did this kind of response become acceptable on this forum? Would you honestly expect me to believe you without an explanation?

Anabolic steroids like testosterone aromatize into estrogen and thus pose a health hazard. Very large testicles can have a similar effect, so maybe having less active testicles can be beneficial. I wonder if progesterone would fall with ineffective testicles because testicles also produce progesterone, or if it would rise somehow.

I don't know but even on here I have seen a tendency towards "gym attitudes" and a sort of nature-justified sexism. A strong drive is certainly a positive signal during the healing path but it is by no means the end of the line, so to speak. I think the body would adapt easily, it's simply a matter of what negative effects would be created in the relationship with society. It's one of those things where you can always find some study where they do have health benefits and live longer.

OP
B

Ben

It's funny that you mention drive because I have low SHBG and thus high free testosterone and estrogen, and my drive is what I would worry about with testicular degeneration. The world needs me, I am a very young person who already had a Kundalini Awakening and happens to also possess the drive and rock solid discipline to make a difference. But this drive gets in the way of me doing boring but necessary stuff like accounting. So I don't know whether fixing my varicoceles would be a good idea, because I have easily enough drive/discipline (like a jock) but not enough interest in boring subjects (like a nerd).

However, I have health issues like rosacea which RP said are correlated with excess estrogen, so maybe it isn't healthy.

I guess I could get my varicoceles fixed, then supplement Progest-E. But not sure if it's so good for males. I'm still wondering if males who were castrated end up producing more, or less, progesterone.

I'm not sure how far you will get with the disciplined jock / boring nerd dichotomy :lol:

OP
B

Ben

Well, I suppose disciplined jock isn't a good term since jocks are typically less disciplined than nerds. Manly man or businessman and nerd or intellectual is a better "dichotomy".

pboy

not good man, even in the yogic tradition and similar ideas...you want the most fertility potential, aka shukra dhatu, aka ojas, to be the best meditater and have the most present giving state of mind. If you cant concentrate on a subject yet have drive then you might just find that particular job or subject not interesting enough or not expansive enough for your energy level. Its up to you but I don't think its a good idea to mess with anything down there.

There was that epic Chinese eunuch who sailed a fleet around the world back in the 1400's though, so I guess its still possible to do pretty amazing things even if you are castrated, but dam man..just the thought of that, isn't that bad enough, and an indicator?

Philomath

I remember in one of the Herb Doctor interviews Ray mentioning that Androgynous people tend to have full heads of hair. He went on to say the reason why hair growth chemicals like propecia work is because they are chemically castrating the user.
So removal of the testicles must eliminate some stress hormone from the mix. Maybe there is a health benefit to castration. :shock:

fyo

Peat's talked about it in the general hormone sense and specifically castration in a few different places but I forget where. Audio and writing.

Generally people are healthiest before puberty, the sex hormone transformations causing stress. Children are much more metabolically ideal than their adult counterparts. The sex changes you see in people aren't health-promoting, rather they are a necessary adaptation to a demanding environment.

However, the best way to regulate all this is by energizing yourself. I certainty wouldn't do any surgery myself. I suggest looking more into Peat's stuff for a better understanding of the topic.

Reproduction stems from necessity and thus stress. Just like estrogen makes the yeast sacrifice its acidity for the daughter cell, testosterone rises with competition, etc.

OP
B

Ben

pboy said:
not good man, even in the yogic tradition and similar ideas...you want the most fertility potential, aka shukra dhatu, aka ojas, to be the best meditater and have the most present giving state of mind. If you cant concentrate on a subject yet have drive then you might just find that particular job or subject not interesting enough or not expansive enough for your energy level. Its up to you but I don't think its a good idea to mess with anything down there.

There was that epic Chinese eunuch who sailed a fleet around the world back in the 1400's though, so I guess its still possible to do pretty amazing things even if you are castrated, but dam man..just the thought of that, isn't that bad enough, and an indicator?
Well, the point of the surgery I'm talking about would be to prevent possible castration. Varicoceles lead to reduced testicular blood flow, stress, and, eventually, infertility. So I'm thinking maybe it's not such a bad idea to leave them alone. But eh. It will help me sleep better, so maybe I'll just repair them and use progest-E to increase SHBG and reduce free testosterone.

OP
B

Ben

fyo said:
Peat's talked about it in the general hormone sense and specifically castration in a few different places but I forget where. Audio and writing.

Generally people are healthiest before puberty, the sex hormone transformations causing stress. Children are much more metabolically ideal than their adult counterparts. The sex changes you see in people aren't health-promoting, rather they are a necessary adaptation to a demanding environment.

However, the best way to regulate all this is by energizing yourself. I certainty wouldn't do any surgery myself. I suggest looking more into Peat's stuff for a better understanding of the topic.
I never suggested physical castration, there are hardly any worse ideas. However, hormonal castration with progest-E sounds like a good idea. Its effects are reversible so someone can try it and see if it works for them, then continue to supplement if they like it. Progest-E doesn't result in testicular shrinkage and I know because I supplemented more than women do for a while. I don't think it reduces FSH either so it would also be possible to have kids.

Philomath said:
I remember in one of the Herb Doctor interviews Ray mentioning that Androgynous people tend to have full heads of hair. He went on to say the reason why hair growth chemicals like propecia work is because they are chemically castrating the user.
So removal of the testicles must eliminate some stress hormone from the mix. Maybe there is a health benefit to castration. :shock:

It's DHT that kills the hair follicles not stress. The removal of DHT stops hair growth

The negatives of having low to no testosterone as an adult male are much worse than any marginal health positives you'll get.

Having low T causes depression, lethargy, loss of libido, weakness, etc. It will make you less attractive and less dominant.

You're literally cutting off your own nuts. How this is even a question is beyond me.

OP
B

Ben

pimpnamedraypeat said:
The negatives of having low to no testosterone as an adult male are much worse than any marginal health positives you'll get.

Having low T causes depression, lethargy, loss of libido, weakness, etc. It will make you less attractive and less dominant.

You're literally cutting off your own nuts. How this is even a question is beyond me.

I never said anything about cutting off my own nuts.

Scientifically backup the downside of castration. Maybe these traits are what result in low HPG axis activity and low TS, not vice versa.

Ben said:
pimpnamedraypeat said:

I never said anything about cutting off my own nuts.

Scientifically backup the downside of castration. Maybe these traits are what result in low HPG axis activity and low TS, not vice versa.

No, low T leads to those traits not vice versa.

I'm not sure how to back up the downsides. You seem utterly unconcerned about the literal emasculation that comes from having low T.

OP
B

Ben

Do you have any scientific evidence to back it up? It appears that you are high in estrogen, good sir.

Ben said:
Do you have any scientific evidence to back it up? It appears that you are high in estrogen, good sir.

There's no need to insult me. If anything you're the one high in estrogen, since you're hypogonodal and you can't seem to google for yourself.

Testosterone has a direct effect on dopamine levels which control your mood, happiness, and personality.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testost ... amine.aspx

Low testosterone causes depression in men and to a lesser extent women:

9) Journal of Psychiatric Practice, Jul 2009, 14(4):289-305, "Testosterone and Depression: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis"

10) J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 1996, 81:3578–3583, "Testosterone replacement therapy improves mood in hypogonadal men—a clinical research center study"

16) The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Jan 1 2000, 85(1):60-65, "Effects of Hypogonadism and Testosterone Administration on Depression Indices in HIV-Infected Men"

17) Biological Psychiatry, Feb 1985, 20(2):222-225, "Plasma testosterone levels, depression, sexuality, and age"

18) Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Dec 2002, 63(12):1096-1101, "Testosterone therapy in late-life major depression in males"

Men with high testosterone are more attractive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 10182.html

http://healthland.time.com/2012/02/27/t ... -immunity/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals