Puffy nipples due to progesterone (male) Breast enlargement Need advice how to quickly reverse.

PopSocket

I am on Topical Testosterone (60-90mg per day). Never before had issues with T therapy even when not controlling E, have done many cycles using different methods. Never nipple or breast issue due to high E.

Decided I am going to add Progesterone as it has always been low for me and on T it gets even lower from what I understand - topical,. 1 drop in the morning, 2 drops at night, 1.7mg each(by Haidut) for now 14 days already. Makes me sleep like a baby and skin/hair gets perfect and controls libido well so I am not distracted but my nipples have become very puffy and a bit sensitive(not much, but I feel the belt when driving which made me aware something is happening) and I am 100 certain my breasts look a bit feminine with the nipples looking into weird directions probably due to fat(hopefully no milk glands enlargement). Not getting naked with a woman until this is fixed, that's for sure.

There is no lump or gyno whatsoever. Checked already 12 times today as I am freaked out at the moment :D But definitely look weird even through the Tshirt... Looks off, not just imagination.

Aside from stopping the progesterone I decided to move the Topical T to my scrotum for a while to raise DHT.

Any other advice to counteract the breast tissue/fat growth and get my nipples back to normal ? Would highly appreciate. Should I stop the T ? Any supplements that might help ?

Any ideas would be helpful as I have no experience with Progesterone whatsoever and I am just starting to read a bit more deeply on how to manage such an issue caused by it. I never imagined Progesterone can make my breasts look so feminine in just two weeks time with a smallish dose of 3.2 to 4.9 while my T is super high. Big mistake not to research further.

Additional info: my Estrogen is super low, even on T I am having hard time rising it. I suspect Aromasin use in the past caused this "issue" and I am running on very very low levels of E. Last test while on the topical T my levels was 2x the normal range and my Estrogen was still undetectable(1 week ago). Prolactin is in the low normal. Cortisol is low normal. Progesterone was near the top of the range but not above while on 3.2mg, did the test 1 hour after applying the Progesterone. Thyroid is working properly though last time I checked I am pushing it lower now TSH close to 0,7.

Thanks ! All responses are highly appreciated.

Peater

Good detailed post. I am not sure but I wonder if the progesterone has pushed out tissue-bound estrogen and your tests just reflect estrogen (Which form?) in the blood.

Sheik

Nipple stimulation can raise prolactin so I wouldn't be poking at them so much.

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

Good detailed post. I am not sure but I wonder if the progesterone has pushed out tissue-bound estrogen and your tests just reflect estrogen (Which form?) in the blood.
This ran through my mind but I doubt this is the reason I am experiencing this. I am literally running very very low on E. No lab is ever able to detect any E (in my blood ofc).

When I take aromasin I get massive side effects due to my already too low E ( I suspect ). I just bought some in case I decide I want to tackle all angles but I will feel like death for 3 weeks if I take more than 1 dose per week (12.5mg).

Nipple stimulation can raise prolactin so I wouldn't be poking at them so much.
Will leave them alone now that I know there is nothing solid there. Also wont put the seatbelt on. Thanks !

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

I thought 20 mg topical T was a high dose.
Are you speaking from experience ?

My body needs 60mg to get me to double the range. Use it only for 6 weeks as a short term cycle.

edit: remembered - after reading the whole forum about topical T last couple of days trying to find anything I've missed , I found a post you made about applying it on the inner thigh area. I think you are spot on. A bit on the scrotal for higher DHT I think is OK too.

Last edited:

GTW

My body needs 60mg to get me to double the range. Use it only for 6 weeks as a short term cycle.

edit: remembered - after reading the whole forum about topical T last couple of days trying to find anything I've missed , I found a post you made about applying it on the inner thigh area. I think you are spot on. A bit on the scrotal for higher DHT I think is OK too.
Yes, my experience. Various T metrics, SHBG etc are not the bottom line, it's how you feel. Compounded T, the cream is what BALCO Olympic athletes called it.
I used it. Helped me to get out of a rut, then combined with regular exercise was more incremental progress.
I put it near the navel, inside of thigh, different spot each time.
Remembering, at the time I was also diagnosed with osteoporosis. All recovered.

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

Yes, my experience. Various T metrics, SHBG etc are not the bottom line, it's how you feel. Compounded T, the cream is what BALCO Olympic athletes called it.
I used it. Helped me to get out of a rut, then combined with regular exercise was more incremental progress.
I put it near the navel, inside of thigh, different spot each time.
Remembering, at the time I was also diagnosed with osteoporosis. All recovered.
Very interesting. Glad you recovered from the osteo.

I think you are right about how one feels is a lot more indicative than blood markers. I read a lot of people getting negative sides from Test, some even autism like effects and continuing for some reason.

I believe the dosage I use is a bit higher because what I do at home is different and most probably inferior than what the Pro athletes use. I bet they got a top quality product with great absorption rate.

Happened to a number of people in the forum, including myself. Don't know how to counter it, unfortunately.

HumanLife

On what part of the body are you applying the testosterone? Applying it on parts where more fat is makes it a lot more likely to aromatise compared to putting it on leaner parts like the shoulders and under arms.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
When I take aromasin I get massive side effects due to my already too low E ( I suspect ). I just bought some in case I decide I want to tackle all angles but I will feel like death for 3 weeks if I take more than 1 dose per week (12.5mg).
@PopSocket Could you say it in more detail?What kind of side effects do you get?

And what do you think, why do you have such a low E? Is it because you took aromatase inhibitor and now it doesn't want to go up anymore, was it like this even before?

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

Happened to a number of people in the forum, including myself. Don't know how to counter it, unfortunately.
On what part of the body are you applying the testosterone? Applying it on parts where more fat is makes it a lot more likely to aromatise compared to putting it on leaner parts like the shoulders and under arms.

@PopSocket Could you say it in more detail?What kind of side effects do you get?

And what do you think, why do you have such a low E? Is it because you took aromatase inhibitor and now it doesn't want to go up anymore, was it like this even before?
Hey guys, thank you so much for messaging in the thread.

I want to share that I am having success reversing the issue and currently at ~80% resolved in just 5 days. I was preparing myself for at least 4-6 weeks of fight but things are happening more quickly than I imagined, thank god. The breasts are almost fully back to normal shape with the fat tissue almost completely gone. The nipples still look soft but much better than before ! They stopped itching and after the 3rd day I can barely feel any inflammation there. The seatbelt does not hurt since day 3 too. Still some what looks like soft fat right behind the nipples, but the fat tissue that was forming at the lower part of the breasts that was pushing the nipples to look into weird directions is almost 100% gone. I am using my ex girlfriend for feedback as I want another person to judge how things are going.

Putting this information below in case anyone else gets into the same mess:

1. Stoppped the progesterone of course. Also, I was making a massive mistake by applying it on the inner side of the arms. Never ever apply Progesterone above the belly button. I read through all the threads and this is not a new info for many here but I totally missed this detail. It does have big impact on breast tissue if applied in the upper body part. I will never apply any hormone to the upper body ever again.

2. Started aromasin immediately even though I thought E was not the issue but wanted to make sure E is no longer part of the equation so I don't double question my approach and there is close to 0 E to stimulate any breast tissue growth. 12.5mg for 3 days until I felt like death last couple of days. For me 12.5mg ED is a massive dose. @Bozidar I got the typical symptoms I get every time - super low energy and need to sleep every few hours, sunken eyes, bad mood and negative intrusive thoughts which usually end with a suicidal thoughts at the end that make me realize its not me but something physiological. If I continue for a few more days my skin will get very dry and the hair brittle. Still don't have this effect. Also negative dreams and when wake up my mood is extremely low. Not sure whether prior aromasin use is the culprit as I was too dumb to draw bloods 10 years ago.

3. The main thing that I feel made this reverse: Threw out the 80% alcohol,20% MCT oil Testosterone solution. Made a new one - 50% ethanol, 50% mct and added at the end 10% glycerin and started applying it directly on the balls for higher DHT in big amounts - 75mg to 90mg per day , 15mg each application. 30 mins before bath, immediately after bath etc etc so constant flow of T and DHT into the system. The final solution looks a bit like soft gel, have to shake for 1 min before applying as it seems some of the T is not in solution. I am a very good responder normally and this dose on the balls is pretty big for me. Pretty sure my DHT levels are extremely high as I am having raging boners all the time, after I wake up for at least 5 mins I cannot make it go down and it hurts but haven't had the time to check bloods, will do on Tuesday to see what is going on. Never seen my penis so big when not errect. My balls don't really like it though and they look a bit darker in color probably irritating the skin with the ethanol. Also getting some pain down there which I am not sure is a good thing. Using micronized T from PPL. If anybody knows a better recipe for less irritation would love to hear it.

4. No ejaculation to keep prolactin from spiking. I did not ejaculate for at least a week prior due to Progesterone use and lowered libido so it will be 14 days no ejaculation already. I think non-existent libido is the sign that one has taken too much for his own body and needs to stop or lower the amount. Also, seems like the Progesterone effect lasts for 2 days for me. If I ever get back to using Progesterone I will never use more than 1mg and probably EOD instead of ~3mg ED.

5. Trained my chest very hard two times already to the point of exhaustion to cause some movement and draw DHT rich blood to the tissue.

All in all I feel very relieved that the issue is almost fully fixed but will continue on this regimen for at least a couple more weeks and make sure all is back to normal. I have a feeling my nipples will not get as small and may remain a bit soft/squashy looking but early days ! Hopefully this reverses as well. Tomorrow I will take aromasin again and train the chest one more time and of course continue with the constant scrotal T application which I think is what is doing the job.

Last edited:

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
@PopSocket
I got the typical symptoms I get every time - super low energy and need to sleep every few hours, sunken eyes, bad mood and negative intrusive thoughts which usually end with a suicidal thoughts at the end

Also negative dreams and when wake up my mood is extremely low.
That sounds just like me, but I have very high E, above reference range on bloodwork.
How is that possible?:rolleyes:
Maybe the symptoms of very low and very high E are the same?
If anyone else knows also?

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

@PopSocket

That sounds just like me, but I have very high E, above reference range on bloodwork.
How is that possible?:rolleyes:
Maybe the symptoms of very low and very high E are the same?
If anyone else knows also?
If high E symptoms are in isolation usually the symptoms should be nervous energy as it is a stress/shock hormone and it is a stimulant.

But Estrogen can influence many parts of the system - stress hormones, thyroid, serotonin etc etc. So high E can cause for example low thyroid and manifest as low energy/ or the other way around - low thyroid can increase Estrogen but overall the result is low energy most of the times. Also high E can increase serotonin too much which can cause depression and anxiety which can lower energy overall. So you can have the same symptoms from both too high or too low but originating from different pathways, even though some would argue too low is impossible. I am not sure I get low E symptoms or aromasin side effects and usually add "I think" or "I suspect" to almost everything I say.

Last edited:

JCub369

What solution are you taking your T in?

I have a similar situation from topical progesterone use and high prolactin levels. smoking nicotine and drinking caffeine (redbull) greatly reduce my puffy nipples, as well as avoiding dairy. I am thinking of getting nicotine patches to put on my nipples, ive heard this is very effective. Its best to not pinch or touch the nipples too much as it can cause it to grow or even induce lactation. train the chest muscles with heavy weight and give it proper rest and proteins so that it grows.

Normal Human

I have a similar situation from topical progesterone use and high prolactin levels. smoking nicotine and drinking caffeine (redbull) greatly reduce my puffy nipples, as well as avoiding dairy. I am thinking of getting nicotine patches to put on my nipples, ive heard this is very effective. Its best to not pinch or touch the nipples too much as it can cause it to grow or even induce lactation. train the chest muscles with heavy weight and give it proper rest and proteins so that it grows.
Where were you applying the progesterone topically? Did you try taking it oralyl and get similar effects on the nipples?

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

What solution are you taking your T in?
80% ethanol + 20% mct previously, now using 45/45 and 10% glycerin. I read some stuff on glycerin last night on pubmed and it is a bit contraversial if one chooses to go for scrotal application. I normally respond very well to T, need tiny doses from inj to get very very high levels.

Jremy25

Hey guys, thank you so much for messaging in the thread.

I want to share that I am having success reversing the issue and currently at ~80% resolved in just 5 days. I was preparing myself for at least 4-6 weeks of fight but things are happening more quickly than I imagined, thank god. The breasts are almost fully back to normal shape with the fat tissue almost completely gone. The nipples still look soft but much better than before ! They stopped itching and after the 3rd day I can barely feel any inflammation there. The seatbelt does not hurt since day 3 too. Still some what looks like soft fat right behind the nipples, but the fat tissue that was forming at the lower part of the breasts that was pushing the nipples to look into weird directions is almost 100% gone. I am using my ex girlfriend for feedback as I want another person to judge how things are going.

Putting this information below in case anyone else gets into the same mess:

1. Stoppped the progesterone of course. Also, I was making a massive mistake by applying it on the inner side of the arms. Never ever apply Progesterone above the belly button. I read through all the threads and this is not a new info for many here but I totally missed this detail. It does have big impact on breast tissue if applied in the upper body part. I will never apply any hormone to the upper body ever again.

2. Started aromasin immediately even though I thought E was not the issue but wanted to make sure E is no longer part of the equation so I don't double question my approach and there is close to 0 E to stimulate any breast tissue growth. 12.5mg for 3 days until I felt like death last couple of days. For me 12.5mg ED is a massive dose. @Bozidar I got the typical symptoms I get every time - super low energy and need to sleep every few hours, sunken eyes, bad mood and negative intrusive thoughts which usually end with a suicidal thoughts at the end that make me realize its not me but something physiological. If I continue for a few more days my skin will get very dry and the hair brittle. Still don't have this effect. Also negative dreams and when wake up my mood is extremely low. Not sure whether prior aromasin use is the culprit as I was too dumb to draw bloods 10 years ago.

3. The main thing that I feel made this reverse: Threw out the 80% alcohol,20% MCT oil Testosterone solution. Made a new one - 50% ethanol, 50% mct and added at the end 10% glycerin and started applying it directly on the balls for higher DHT in big amounts - 75mg to 90mg per day , 15mg each application. 30 mins before bath, immediately after bath etc etc so constant flow of T and DHT into the system. The final solution looks a bit like soft gel, have to shake for 1 min before applying as it seems some of the T is not in solution. I am a very good responder normally and this dose on the balls is pretty big for me. Pretty sure my DHT levels are extremely high as I am having raging boners all the time, after I wake up for at least 5 mins I cannot make it go down and it hurts but haven't had the time to check bloods, will do on Tuesday to see what is going on. Never seen my penis so big when not errect. My balls don't really like it though and they look a bit darker in color probably irritating the skin with the ethanol. Also getting some pain down there which I am not sure is a good thing. Using micronized T from PPL. If anybody knows a better recipe for less irritation would love to hear it.

4. No ejaculation to keep prolactin from spiking. I did not ejaculate for at least a week prior due to Progesterone use and lowered libido so it will be 14 days no ejaculation already. I think non-existent libido is the sign that one has taken too much for his own body and needs to stop or lower the amount. Also, seems like the Progesterone effect lasts for 2 days for me. If I ever get back to using Progesterone I will never use more than 1mg and probably EOD instead of ~3mg ED.

5. Trained my chest very hard two times already to the point of exhaustion to cause some movement and draw DHT rich blood to the tissue.

All in all I feel very relieved that the issue is almost fully fixed but will continue on this regimen for at least a couple more weeks and make sure all is back to normal. I have a feeling my nipples will not get as small and may remain a bit soft/squashy looking but early days ! Hopefully this reverses as well. Tomorrow I will take aromasin again and train the chest one more time and of course continue with the constant scrotal T application which I think is what is doing the job.
Very likely the DHT increase is what solved it for you. In my personal experience with long standing pubertal gyno, aromatase inhibitors, SERMS and prolactin inhibitors (dopamine agonist) did nothing.

Only transdermal DHT gel applied directly to my chest (including nipple area) was able to reverse my gyno.

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

Very likely the DHT increase is what solved it for you. In my personal experience with long standing pubertal gyno, aromatase inhibitors, SERMS and prolactin inhibitors (dopamine agonist) did nothing.

Only transdermal DHT gel applied directly to my chest (including nipple area) was able to reverse my gyno.
Yes, high DHT + low E completely reversed it. Quite amazing how quickly this occured. In just 3-4 weeks I was 100% back to normal. Very glad I have this forum and the people here to gather ideas how to fix all sorts of stuff in me and the people I Love.

Btw my friend I told you about still haven't tried the DHT cure but hopefully he will soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals