Question For Women: Have You Noticed A Correlation Between Puffy Nipples And High Prolactin?

franko

I am a guy trying to get rid of puffy nipples — which I believe to be the beginnings of gynecomastia — and I have had blood tests showing high levels of prolactin.

There is much mystery, debate and confusion out there about the causative relationship between estrogen / testosterone / prolactin and gynecomastia / psuedo-gynecomastia / "puffy nipples".

An example hypothesis would be that prolactin is responsible for areola puffiness while the estrogen:testosterone ratio is responsible for substantial breast tissue growth.

And so the search for an answer has me wondering if the prolactin+puffy nipple (technically, the areola) correlation exists for women too.

So, for the women who have had their prolactin levels tested, have you ever noticed a correlation between puffy nipples and high/high-normal prolactin levels? Or between not-puffy nipples and low prolactin?

Have your nipples always been puffy/not-puffy? Does it fluctuate? Can you correlate these fluctuations with hormone level changes?

Ellie18

This is a bit late, but I just had a prolactin test done, and it showed high prolactin. I have no problem with puffy nipples...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals