Puffy nipples (type 1 gyno) + eye floaters

dhtsupreme

I've read all the puffy nipples threads but I'm having a hard time finding the root cause and can't get a hormonal blood test on my own because I'm too young.

1) Roughly 5'10 160 lbs. I can easily tell I have type 1 gyno where the areola is puffy. The lower chest protrudes a bit but not so much. Other than that I'm muscular and have a 6 pack but still have some noticeable body fat on the obliques. Chest is wider than hips. I play sports but don't workout all that much.

2) Another issue I have is persistent eye floaters. Very annoying and makes it difficult to concentrate

3) Hard flaccid syndrome which has more to do with pelvic floor muscles being tight and limiting blood flow. Could this cause alterations in hormone production?

I'm wondering if these issues are connected in some way.

Aside from all the issues I still feel good on a regular basis, physically energetic, and friendly. Many of my friends think I have good genes but I tried a lot of things to improve my health after being in a bad state. I'm still learning and I apologize for the lengthy explanation. I would appreciate any help or tips I can get. Thank you! @Hans @haidut

Some background
Eat carbs (fruits, rice), fats (coconut oil, eggs, grassfed butter, and olive oil), protein from animals + gelatin. I also eat organ meats 1-2 a week.

I get sunlight, use red light therapy, get good sleep, use aspirin, methylene blue, multivitamin + individual vitamins (niacinamide zinc mag), succinic acid, pansterone on scrotum, androsterone to the nipples, pyrucet etc.

Only reason why I think it's prolactin is because I've done nofap for 90 days a couple of times and it went away every time. But to constantly focus on abstaining is so difficult. This difficulty I have makes me feel like it's some sort of cortisol/estrogen problem. I was heavily addicted when I was younger but not so much anymore. It still feels like a habit which mean I may still have problem. I noticed after pmo the nipples get puffier

My last blood test was 2 years ago getting another one soon

TSH .275 (tried beef thyroid at the time)
cholesterol 180
Vitamin D was not checked but I was getting lots of sun at the time
trigylcerides 46
hdl-c 72 mg/dl
vldl 9 mg/dl
ldl-c 100 mg/dl
hemoglobin A1c 4.8
calcium 9.8 mg/dL
(Idk if more info is needed but I'll leave it at that)

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you have digestive problems?
What's you diet like?

OP
D

dhtsupreme

Do you have digestive problems?
What's you diet like?
Thank you for replying!

I sometimes do. I usually go to the bathroom everyday but not completely and sometimes I get constipated. I believe it has something to do with the pelvic tension. Recently read that some of those muscles and fascia are involved with bowel movements

For my diet I try to focus on fruits, fats, and animal protein

In the morning I eat eggs w onions & garlic with a cup of coffee (a2 milk w honey)
Usually snack on fruits like dates, peaches, and raisins. Also take a spoon of MCT or coconut oil then take Naturelo men Multivitamin. Sometimes additional B1, B3, zinc or aspirin
I make a protein shake that's A2 milk. dutch cacao powder from LGS, raw honey, cinnamon, banana, whey protein
Lunch is usually rice with some sort of animal protein (chicken, liver, kidney, lamb shoulder) and cooked veggies like squash
I don't eat dinner and for the rest of the day I'm snacking on various fruits and fruit juices like Acai, tropicana orange juice, etc. Sometimes I include gelatin with oj
Later I'll have either ginger, pau d arco, or chamomile tea

About once every 2 weeks I'll have coconut oil with activated charcoal (Not so often since it has a constipating effect for me)

On a sep note I do recall some of my pelvic and gut problems going away with fasting. Perhaps the eye floaters too but I don't recall. I stopped doing it because of high adrenaline symptoms. Don't know if that helps

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you for replying!

I sometimes do. I usually go to the bathroom everyday but not completely and sometimes I get constipated. I believe it has something to do with the pelvic tension. Recently read that some of those muscles and fascia are involved with bowel movements

For my diet I try to focus on fruits, fats, and animal protein

In the morning I eat eggs w onions & garlic with a cup of coffee (a2 milk w honey)
Usually snack on fruits like dates, peaches, and raisins. Also take a spoon of MCT or coconut oil then take Naturelo men Multivitamin. Sometimes additional B1, B3, zinc or aspirin
I make a protein shake that's A2 milk. dutch cacao powder from LGS, raw honey, cinnamon, banana, whey protein
Lunch is usually rice with some sort of animal protein (chicken, liver, kidney, lamb shoulder) and cooked veggies like squash
I don't eat dinner and for the rest of the day I'm snacking on various fruits and fruit juices like Acai, tropicana orange juice, etc. Sometimes I include gelatin with oj
Later I'll have either ginger, pau d arco, or chamomile tea

About once every 2 weeks I'll have coconut oil with activated charcoal (Not so often since it has a constipating effect for me)

On a sep note I do recall some of my pelvic and gut problems going away with fasting. Perhaps the eye floaters too but I don't recall. I stopped doing it because of high adrenaline symptoms. Don't know if that helps
Perhaps it would be a good idea to do a stool test, such as from thryve, ubiome or biomesight. Perhaps you are allergic to some of those foods, which might cause a reaction for you.

OP
D

dhtsupreme

I ordered a kit from thryve. Seems pretty good and decent price. I'll provide an update in a few weeks. Thanks for the recommendation!

Are there any companies you would recommend for hormonal tests (preferably one that doesn't require being a patient)? I would like to test estrone, e2, prolactin, testosterone, progesterone, and dht in the future

Hans

Forum Supporter
I ordered a kit from thryve. Seems pretty good and decent price. I'll provide an update in a few weeks. Thanks for the recommendation!

Are there any companies you would recommend for hormonal tests (preferably one that doesn't require being a patient)? I would like to test estrone, e2, prolactin, testosterone, progesterone, and dht in the future
Directlabs is a good option I think.

skuabird

I'd love to know if you get anywhere with the eye floaters. Mine are driving me crazy.

I've done strict carnivore and my eyes were better then, but still bothersome. With a diet of skim milk, OJ, meat, gelatin and supplements they've gotten worse.

I still do very poorly with NSAIDs including aspirin- I have stomach problems and mouth ulcers, so that may be a clue it is digestion related?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd love to know if you get anywhere with the eye floaters. Mine are driving me crazy.

I've done strict carnivore and my eyes were better then, but still bothersome. With a diet of skim milk, OJ, meat, gelatin and supplements they've gotten worse.

I still do very poorly with NSAIDs including aspirin- I have stomach problems and mouth ulcers, so that may be a clue it is digestion related?
For me, methylene blue, panquinone and lapodin were really helpful. Eating high fiber foods or starches made them worse almost instantly. Perhaps you're reacting negatively to the milk. Some people do get digestive issues from skim or A1/A2 milk. Also, if the gelatin is not properly dissolved it might cause issues.

skuabird

For me, methylene blue, panquinone and lapodin were really helpful. Eating high fiber foods or starches made them worse almost instantly. Perhaps you're reacting negatively to the milk. Some people do get digestive issues from skim or A1/A2 milk. Also, if the gelatin is not properly dissolved it might cause issues.
Thanks for your reply Hans! I think the starch is probably a large part of it. Since following a more Peaty diet I have noticed flares especially after vegetable dishes and potatoes. Rice is okay. Sugar and fruit juice seem best.

Methylene blue was next on my list to try. (I've tried adding k2, taking Lutein & Zeaxanthin, and niacinamide & calcium pyruvate- none worked for that particular issue, but especially the last two helped with fatigue).

I saw a rheumatologist today and he is thinking my type of autoimmune disease looks more like spondylitis. I have read people get a lot of benefit from AS from starch-free diets. Though, it is weird that my back pain and eye inflammation/floaters did not get a whole lot better on a dairy-free carnivore diet.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your reply Hans! I think the starch is probably a large part of it. Since following a more Peaty diet I have noticed flares especially after vegetable dishes and potatoes. Rice is okay. Sugar and fruit juice seem best.

Methylene blue was next on my list to try. (I've tried adding k2, taking Lutein & Zeaxanthin, and niacinamide & calcium pyruvate- none worked for that particular issue, but especially the last two helped with fatigue).

I saw a rheumatologist today and he is thinking my type of autoimmune disease looks more like spondylitis. I have read people get a lot of benefit from AS from starch-free diets. Though, it is weird that my back pain and eye inflammation/floaters did not get a whole lot better on a dairy-free carnivore diet.
There is a strong connection between AS and gut dysfunction.

"Decreased numbers of Firmicutes, a major phyla of gut commensals, especially the species Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and Clostridium leptum have been found in various inflammatory disorders including SpA and IBD, and could be an important link between SpA and gut inflammation. Multiple studies in ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile SpA and animals models of SpA are revealing common bacterial associations among these diseases as well as IBD." (R)

"Compared with HC, fecal microbiota in AS was characterized by a higher abundance of Proteobacteria, Enterobacteriaceae, Bacilli, Streptococcus species, and Actinobacteria, but lower abundance of Bacteroides and Lachnospiraceae.
Further, fecal microbiota composition differed between patients with normal (≤ 50 mg/kg, n = 57) and increased (≥ 200 mg/kg, n = 36) fecal calprotectin. Patients with increased fecal calprotectin had lower abundance of bacteria with anti-inflammatory properties such as Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and Clostridium and higher abundance of the genus Streptococcus.
" (R)

I think the reason carnivore didn't help is because it didn't restore proper equilibrium. It didn't lower the pathological ones or increase the beneficial ones enough. You can always do a stool test (I like biomesight), and then you can focus on the specific ones that are high on your case.

skuabird

There is a strong connection between AS and gut dysfunction.

"Decreased numbers of Firmicutes, a major phyla of gut commensals, especially the species Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and Clostridium leptum have been found in various inflammatory disorders including SpA and IBD, and could be an important link between SpA and gut inflammation. Multiple studies in ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile SpA and animals models of SpA are revealing common bacterial associations among these diseases as well as IBD." (R)

"Compared with HC, fecal microbiota in AS was characterized by a higher abundance of Proteobacteria, Enterobacteriaceae, Bacilli, Streptococcus species, and Actinobacteria, but lower abundance of Bacteroides and Lachnospiraceae.
Further, fecal microbiota composition differed between patients with normal (≤ 50 mg/kg, n = 57) and increased (≥ 200 mg/kg, n = 36) fecal calprotectin. Patients with increased fecal calprotectin had lower abundance of bacteria with anti-inflammatory properties such as Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and Clostridium and higher abundance of the genus Streptococcus.
" (R)

I think the reason carnivore didn't help is because it didn't restore proper equilibrium. It didn't lower the pathological ones or increase the beneficial ones enough. You can always do a stool test (I like biomesight), and then you can focus on the specific ones that are high on your case.
Yes, I think you're right! I've been watching your channel and see you've been focusing on gut stuff recently. I just watched the video you put out today. I found it interesting that fasting promotes a high-serotonin state- when I was on a carnivore diet I was often fasted and to my surprise, longer fasts would give me a flare up (opposite of what I expected because I thought particular foods were causing autoimmunity or at least substrates to bad bacteria that were causing autoimmunity, yet no or limited food caused a flare).

When I first starting Peating I was using local grassfed raw milk to make kefir (because I still couldn't digest milk)- it really shifted digestion in a positive direction. Now that I can only afford store-bought skim, digestion isn't as great, and I'm still gaining weight despite a low fat calorie-monitored diet. I think it's because I've slipped back into gut dysbiosis and high-serotonin. Thanks again. I'm going to try to get some chokeberry and I have a probiotic with b. longum (d-lactate free) I can at least start with. :/

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes, I think you're right! I've been watching your channel and see you've been focusing on gut stuff recently. I just watched the video you put out today. I found it interesting that fasting promotes a high-serotonin state- when I was on a carnivore diet I was often fasted and to my surprise, longer fasts would give me a flare up (opposite of what I expected because I thought particular foods were causing autoimmunity or at least substrates to bad bacteria that were causing autoimmunity, yet no or limited food caused a flare).

When I first starting Peating I was using local grassfed raw milk to make kefir (because I still couldn't digest milk)- it really shifted digestion in a positive direction. Now that I can only afford store-bought skim, digestion isn't as great, and I'm still gaining weight despite a low fat calorie-monitored diet. I think it's because I've slipped back into gut dysbiosis and high-serotonin. Thanks again. I'm going to try to get some chokeberry and I have a probiotic with b. longum (d-lactate free) I can at least start with. :/
It's possible that you might also react negatively to cow's milk if it contains A1 beta-casein. That can cause inflammation, which then reduces overall digestion quality.

OP
D

dhtsupreme

Just a quick update: Finally got the thryve product. I will send a sample soon. When I get the results, I will make any dietary/lifestyle changes if needed and provide another update. Also if anything stands out like being allergic to something I consume daily I will mention it and see if eliminating it improves eye floaters, puffy nipples etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals