Progesterone For Premature Delivery

Recoen

Does anyone have any resources or recommendations for progesterone supplementation in a premature delivery child? I have a bicornuate uterus (DES granddaughter) and delivered 29w3d. I know children receive most of their progesterone in the third trimester (Placental ALLO levels rise during pregnancy and peak as fetuses approach full term: Study is largest neonatal sample to date in which multiple steroid hormones were measured).

My child spent 53d in the NICU as a “feeder grower”, no oxygen, had my breast milk, did have to be put under the blue light for high bilirubin - they were giving him Fe without my consent so I stopped that once I found out... bilirubin normalized. Now almost 2yo and is thriving overall - tall, a hot box (temps are good), picking up words, etc. From reading RP work, I think some progesterone would be helpful. Since I am still breastfeeding, should I use some low dose progesterone? Or should I give it directly?

Any resources on dosing for either scenario would be greatly appreciated. Of course I already have the cholesterol and vitamins B2 and B3 covered for endogenous synthesis.

Any other thoughts on supporting premature children’s health are also greatly appreciated. We do use Great Lakes collagen, eat with RP’s work in mind, and I sprinkle the ancestral supplements thyroid on ground beef once a week.

Does anyone have any resources or recommendations for progesterone supplementation in a premature delivery child? I have a bicornuate uterus (DES granddaughter) and delivered 29w3d. I know children receive most of their progesterone in the third trimester (Placental ALLO levels rise during pregnancy and peak as fetuses approach full term: Study is largest neonatal sample to date in which multiple steroid hormones were measured).

My child spent 53d in the NICU as a “feeder grower”, no oxygen, had my breast milk, did have to be put under the blue light for high bilirubin - they were giving him Fe without my consent so I stopped that once I found out... bilirubin normalized. Now almost 2yo and is thriving overall - tall, a hot box (temps are good), picking up words, etc. From reading RP work, I think some progesterone would be helpful. Since I am still breastfeeding, should I use some low dose progesterone? Or should I give it directly?

Any resources on dosing for either scenario would be greatly appreciated. Of course I already have the cholesterol and vitamins B2 and B3 covered for endogenous synthesis.

Any other thoughts on supporting premature children’s health are also greatly appreciated. We do use Great Lakes collagen, eat with RP’s work in mind, and I sprinkle the ancestral supplements thyroid on ground beef once a week.
Gosh Recoen I am so sorry nobody answered this before now! I think your question could still be of help though to others. Did you ever figure out the dosage on the Progest-E for your premature baby?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom