1. **NEW** BL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Pod Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Metergoline - Serotonin Antagonist & Dopamine Agonist For R&D

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Oct 7, 2016.

1. phalanx

phalanx Member

Using 6 drops daily (3 morning and 3 evening) for a couple of weeks and lab rat doesn't notice anything at all. Nothing good. Nothing bad. Nothing at all. Using for PSSD and ED.

So far the only thing that has worked was a one time blast of anabolic steroids, but not wanting to destroy my health I ended the cycle after 12 weeks. A slight breeze would get me aroused. It was fun.

Yohimbe also worked great but made me feel like total curling up in a ball under a blanket. Lately the nasty side effects have worn off to a large degree but so has its effectiveness.

2. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

does it reduce serotonin?

3. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

id like to know this also

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Serotonin antagonist reduce platelet aggregation. So. combining with other agents that do the same like aspirin, vitamin E, etc is probably not advisable. I would try to take MB on its own just because it has such potent effects on MAO-A and we don't know enough about how much serotonin antagonists affect MAO.

5. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Oral or topical use?

6. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

I had a similar reaction today to about 6 drops. After about 5 hours feeling ridiculously tired but also very weak all over. Before that I felt pretty good.

Do you think it's possibly that we're killing of this fungal thing that metergoline fights and it's like a die off reaction

Going to bed now and my resting pulse is 70 when normally it's 50. So I'm pleased about that @haidut

7. Andman

Andman Member

@haidut
    Any idea if metergoline blocks TLR4 similar to cypro or something else beneficial for gut health?

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Don't know that it blocks TLR4 directly like cypro or ketotifen, but it opposes its effects by blocking serotonin and lowering NO.

9. Andman

Andman Member

thank you, my rat def. notices improved gut health on top of the other benefits :)

10. Bengt

Bengt New Member

Is there any info on metergolines effect on p450-enzymes? I can’t find anything. I’m on bupropion which is a potent inhibitor of CYP2D6 and I’m also an intermediate metabolizer, any worries there? Also, does it influence seizure threshold in some way?

Maybe someone should post potential interactions with metergoline, as it seems hard to find any info on it.

11. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

yes why does it lower blood pressure? does that mean serotonin raises blood pressure?

12. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

:eyes::ear:
    :tongue:

13. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

14. Andman

Andman Member

All good, no tolerance or anything in sight yet

15. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Thanks so you still do 4mg twice per week. What benefits have you noticed?

16. Bluemustang

Bluemustang New Member

Just started 4mg/day sublingual this week. 4 days so far.

Taken around 7 am. After about 2 hours there is a feeling of mental tiredness and strong lack of motivation/focus, as well as brain fog. The fog and mental tiredness lift around lunch time and are replaced by a nervous, anxious, and irritable feeling. Digestion is upset, especially at night time. Slight and transient feeling of chills in body.

This seems to line up with the experiences of a couple of other users in this thread during the first few days of use before positive effects set in. Fingers crossed.

17. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

So in the end was it the metergoline or not? Did you end up using it again?

18. Bluemustang

Bluemustang New Member

After 8 days, stomach and digestive issues went away. Lack of motivation, brain fog, and irritability issues have decreased.

Sleep quality has been negatively affected, and there is moderately increased sweating a couple of hours after taking a dose.

If one were to speculate, these issues would all seem to speak to increased serotonin (not a totally unexpected outcome when taking an antagonist that may affect auto receptors).

Stopping the experiment for a few days to see if any benefits become apparent during cessation period.