phalanx

Using 6 drops daily (3 morning and 3 evening) for a couple of weeks and lab rat doesn't notice anything at all. Nothing good. Nothing bad. Nothing at all. Using for PSSD and ED.

So far the only thing that has worked was a one time blast of anabolic steroids, but not wanting to destroy my health I ended the cycle after 12 weeks. A slight breeze would get me aroused. It was fun.

Yohimbe also worked great but made me feel like total curling up in a ball under a blanket. Lately the nasty side effects have worn off to a large degree but so has its effectiveness.

ddjd

Yohimbe also worked great but made me feel like total curling up in a ball under a blanket. Lately the nasty side effects have worn off to a large degree but so has its effectiveness.
does it reduce serotonin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
id like to know this also

Serotonin antagonist reduce platelet aggregation. So. combining with other agents that do the same like aspirin, vitamin E, etc is probably not advisable. I would try to take MB on its own just because it has such potent effects on MAO-A and we don't know enough about how much serotonin antagonists affect MAO.

Wagner83

Using 6 drops daily (3 morning and 3 evening) for a couple of weeks and lab rat doesn't notice anything at all. Nothing good. Nothing bad. Nothing at all. Using for PSSD and ED.

So far the only thing that has worked was a one time blast of anabolic steroids, but not wanting to destroy my health I ended the cycle after 12 weeks. A slight breeze would get me aroused. It was fun.

Oral or topical use?

ddjd

4mg for 3 days now.
First two days were rough - anxious fatigue, flu-like symptoms, foggy brain, a big depressed, uncomfortable digestion.

Today, pulse (finally!), has risen to 75 bpm after breakfast. Nothing else has made this happen. Nothing.
Extremely warm feet and hands (again, nothing else has helped this).
Positive mood, very calm and relaxed --digestion feeling strong.
I had a similar reaction today to about 6 drops. After about 5 hours feeling ridiculously tired but also very weak all over. Before that I felt pretty good.

Do you think it's possibly that we're killing of this fungal thing that metergoline fights and it's like a die off reaction

Going to bed now and my resting pulse is 70 when normally it's 50. So I'm pleased about that @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Any idea if metergoline blocks TLR4 similar to cypro or something else beneficial for gut health?

Don't know that it blocks TLR4 directly like cypro or ketotifen, but it opposes its effects by blocking serotonin and lowering NO.

Andman

Don't know that it blocks TLR4 directly like cypro or ketotifen, but it opposes its effects by blocking serotonin and lowering NO.

thank you, my rat def. notices improved gut health on top of the other benefits :)

Bengt

Is there any info on metergolines effect on p450-enzymes? I can’t find anything. I’m on bupropion which is a potent inhibitor of CYP2D6 and I’m also an intermediate metabolizer, any worries there? Also, does it influence seizure threshold in some way?

Maybe someone should post potential interactions with metergoline, as it seems hard to find any info on it.

ddjd

Also, do you know metergoline's effect with regard to blood pressure? I'd assume lower doses decrease blood pressure, while higher doses would result in an increase.
yes why does it lower blood pressure? does that mean serotonin raises blood pressure?

Wagner83

That being said, metergoline has been nothing short of amazing for my rat..lisuride and cypro dont hold a candle to it. Dosage so far has been 10 drops (4mg) oral about twice per week. Ill make sure to report if the effects stay consistent when taken for a few weeks/months, but so far my rat would say its life changing stuff.

:eyes::ear:
:tongue:

Bluemustang

Just started 4mg/day sublingual this week. 4 days so far.

Taken around 7 am. After about 2 hours there is a feeling of mental tiredness and strong lack of motivation/focus, as well as brain fog. The fog and mental tiredness lift around lunch time and are replaced by a nervous, anxious, and irritable feeling. Digestion is upset, especially at night time. Slight and transient feeling of chills in body.

This seems to line up with the experiences of a couple of other users in this thread during the first few days of use before positive effects set in. Fingers crossed.

Wagner83

I feel like I'm getting really awful rebound w this. It's happened to me before on lisuride. My face sags, I look like I've aged 5 yrs and get really bad dark circles. Also bc I can't sleep more than a few hours on it. Been taking high dose niacinamide as well which hasn't helped w hypoglaecmia. Feeling anxious, can't get enough food but not enough appetite. Red light and lysine help so I think it is a serotonin issue. I know niacinamide can be serotonergic in higher doses as well but it's also happened before w/o it, just on metergoline. I wonder if there is some kind of down/upregulation going on.
Really overwhelmed atm, my toenails are yellowing, bloated, can't sleep

Ok sorry, it's definitely not the metergoline (even though I have felt low from not being able to sleep from it previously) I totally forgot that I mixed some tianepine into a bottle of stressnon that I have been dosing pretty continuously for 2 weeks or so and it seems I'm dealing w opioid addiction.
So in the end was it the metergoline or not? Did you end up using it again?

Bluemustang

Taken around 7 am. After about 2 hours there is a feeling of mental tiredness and strong lack of motivation/focus, as well as brain fog. The fog and mental tiredness lift around lunch time and are replaced by a nervous, anxious, and irritable feeling. Digestion is upset, especially at night time. Slight and transient feeling of chills in body.

This seems to line up with the experiences of a couple of other users in this thread during the first few days of use before positive effects set in. Fingers crossed.

After 8 days, stomach and digestive issues went away. Lack of motivation, brain fog, and irritability issues have decreased.

Sleep quality has been negatively affected, and there is moderately increased sweating a couple of hours after taking a dose.

If one were to speculate, these issues would all seem to speak to increased serotonin (not a totally unexpected outcome when taking an antagonist that may affect auto receptors).

Stopping the experiment for a few days to see if any benefits become apparent during cessation period.

tomisonbottom

Did you mean 0.4mg?
If you really meant 4 mg, why are you taking so much for your first try?

Bluemustang

Did you mean 0.4mg?
If you really meant 4 mg, why are you taking so much for your first try?

I meant 4mg. This actually isn't a large dose. A typical starting dose of metergoline is 12 mg/day, and increases up to 24mg/day if needed. The package insert on the pharmaceutical preperation suggests 4mg on the first day, 8mg on the second day, and 12mg thereafter. Google "Liserdol", you may have to translate from German.

That being said, when this guinea pig gets around to restarting metergoline after this break, he's going to try microdosing 1 or 2 drops per day,

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals