Such saturation reported nausea with more than 2 drops daily I think,
This is true, I still have it in my stash after almost a year. But tolerance increases quickly just like for progesterone or thyroid, so this doesn't mean that it's a bad substance.

Wagner83

This is true, I still have it in my stash after almost a year. But tolerance increases quickly just like for progesterone or thyroid, so this doesn't mean that it's a bad substance.
How quick does tolerance set in? Have you found substances with no or low tolerance issues (infrequent need for dosing works too)? A few people reported androsterone (low dose) was one.

If you didn't see Andman's report, the rat is on 4mg twice a week with great success, this has been ongoing for 2-3 months. After all there are great feedbacks on micro-dosing psychedelic mushrooms or lucy three times a week.

Andman

Just to clarify, ive lowered the dose to approx 2-3 drops maybe 1-2x/week, mainly because i dont feel like i need more. still no negatives to report, and as mentioned it got me through a really rough spot 3 months ago

Luckytype

Just to clarify, ive lowered the dose to approx 2-3 drops maybe 1-2x/week, mainly because i dont feel like i need more. still no negatives to report, and as mentioned it got me through a really rough spot 3 months ago
What were your inital reasons for utilizing it?

ddjd

I am not kidding. Every time my rat takes metergoline, his girlfriend comments that he looks sexier/ more attractive. She's so much nicer to him!

This has been tested 4/5 times now and consistently works.

Something's going on...

Lilly

Does metergoline affects GI issues( bloating and inflammation) better than cyproheptadine? Has anybody tried both and noticed any differences?

thomas00

I got a lot of abdominal pain relief using metergoline. It was different to cyproheptadine, not sure how I would compare them. No side effects like increased appetite that I get with cpyro.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I got a lot of abdominal pain relief using metergoline. It was different to cyproheptadine, not sure how I would compare them. No side effects like increased appetite that I get with cpyro.

Metergoline has known anti-fungal effects and I think it actually decreases serotonin synthesis. So, it may affect the GI tract more than cyproheptadine. Despite earlier comments (circa 2016) on lack of effects on 5-HT3, subsequent user reports as well as some unofficial clinical reports seem to indicate that metergoline does have antagonistic effects on 5-HT3. However, at what dose and for how long is unknown at this time.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
My experience. Tried it many times topically in the past at pretty small doses (2 drops) and never felt too much of an effect. Tried 2 drops sublingual this morning and it was a totally different animal.

I did not have any kind of euphoric state, just very calm and clear, almost emotionless as if nothing could stress me out but equally nothing could bring me great joy.

As I write this I believe I am starting to feel the effects lessen somewhat. I think some people have spoken of a kind of reset or rebound effect from metergoline. That initially it makes you somewhat numb but that it makes you more sensitive to things such as dopamine so you need/less of it and therefore feel it more profoundly afterwards.

All and all a very curious experience and I will continue to experiment in the future possibly gradually work up to higher doses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilly

Metergoline has known anti-fungal effects and I think it actually decreases serotonin synthesis. So, it may affect the GI tract more than cyproheptadine. It may be also be a stronger 5-HT3 antagonist than cypro.
Does it have a lingering effect so that you feel better after stoping with metergoline , or the affect is immediate and as soon as you stop you woud feel the same again? In another words, does it have the ability to heal the intestines ?
Would a certain amount of serotonin free time influence the gut to rearrange the bacteria in a good way? I hope this makes some sense :happy:

Soren

Forum Supporter
My experience. Tried it many times topically in the past at pretty small doses (2 drops) and never felt too much of an effect. Tried 2 drops sublingual this morning and it was a totally different animal.

I did not have any kind of euphoric state, just very calm and clear, almost emotionless as if nothing could stress me out but equally nothing could bring me great joy.

In terms of libido it certainly did not have a negative effect, I have experienced that before from lowering estrogen too much and that feels very different. However in a weird way it has made me feel less of a need or compulsion to seek sexual pleasure. I still desire it but it does not have the same ability to completely consume my thoughts. I definitely feel the need to do things, to have some kind of activity.

As I write this I believe I am starting to feel the effects lessen somewhat. I think some people have spoken of a kind of reset or rebound effect from metergoline. That initially it makes you somewhat numb but that it makes you more sensitive to things such as dopamine so you need/less of it and therefore feel it more profoundly afterwards.

All and all a very curious experience and I will continue to experiment in the future possibly gradually work up to higher doses.

Update. Ok so I think I'm feeling that rebound effect somewhat. Spent the afternoon driving around and doing some lite hiking. Listening to music as the afternoon rolled on the music sounded really good, it was like I heard it more. Just in a general great mood but still very calm and stable. However, on the other side during a conversation that got quite heated I felt like my tolerance to getting agitated was higher but that when it reached a point where it was over the limit so to speak I felt a lot more irritated than I normally would. I guess it can amplify the the negative as well as the positive.

Another thing I noticed was a big drop in social anxiety, just felt a lot more comfortable out and about in my own skin, not something I was expecting as I am not typically a socially anxious person but this effect was very noticeable.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does it have a lingering effect so that you feel better after stoping with metergoline , or the affect is immediate and as soon as you stop you woud feel the same again? In another words, does it have the ability to heal the intestines ?
Would a certain amount of serotonin free time influence the gut to rearrange the bacteria in a good way? I hope this makes some sense :happy:

I don't know, as metergoline has not been studied much for intestinal health. A few people who had used metergoline in pills reported improved digestion and motility. I find metergoline better for GI tract than ondansetron. The 5-HT3 antagonists often cause constipation so the brief relief from GI discomfort they cause is more than offset by slow bowel transit, which increases endotoxin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update. Ok so I think I'm feeling that rebound effect somewhat. Spent the afternoon driving around and doing some lite hiking. Listening to music as the afternoon rolled on the music sounded really good, it was like I heard it more. Just in a general great mood but still very calm and stable. However, on the other side during a conversation that got quite heated I felt like my tolerance to getting agitated was higher but that when it reached a point where it was over the limit so to speak I felt a lot more irritated than I normally would. I guess it can amplify the the negative as well as the positive.

Another thing I noticed was a big drop in social anxiety, just felt a lot more comfortable out and about in my own skin, not something I was expecting as I am not typically a socially anxious person but this effect was very noticeable.

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know of a reference website that lists out the safety profile of metergoline with regards to human consumption. This is not for me this is to prove to other other people that it is not a dangerous product. Something like examine.com or toxinless.com.

The fact that it has been around for many years and used in many studies should be enough but something concise and with the appearance of "mainstream" authority would be really helpful.