Matt Blackburn on

LadyRae

@fr@
Just needs to go from this back to vegan then he’s completed the full circle. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence he’s still taking all the supplements he sells.
I don't have instagram, but I looked at the pictures and I mean, did he not learn anything about stress hormones? low carbing = low thyroid. He's trying to regain his memory? I really don't understand, it sounds crazy to me.

A few weeks ago on Spotify he posted an interview with a young woman that wrote a book recently called the "F@#$ it Diet", or something very similar. The podcast was labeled, giving up on over-exercise
... It was the most ridiculous podcast I only made it part way through. The lady wouldn't stop saying "like". There was no substance to anything she had to say in her general message was, I'm just tired of my life so now I'm just going to do whatever I want and hope for the best.

I noticed just now that he took down the interview from both Spotify and YouTube

Sefton10

@fr@
I don't have instagram, but I looked at the pictures and I mean, did he not learn anything about stress hormones? low carbing = low thyroid. He's trying to regain his memory? I really don't understand, it sounds crazy to me.

A few weeks ago on Spotify he posted an interview with a young woman that wrote a book recently called the "F@#$ it Diet", or something very similar. The podcast was labeled, giving up on over-exercise
... It was the most ridiculous podcast I only made it part way through. The lady wouldn't stop saying "like". There was no substance to anything she had to say in her general message was, I'm just tired of my life so now I'm just going to do whatever I want and hope for the best.

I noticed just now that he took down the interview from both Spotify and YouTube
I don’t particularly like dumping on the guy, I just hate seeing people like that screwing others over. When he was into Ray and high carb he was claiming he felt amazing. That is naturally going to lure people in. Now you find out he wasn’t feeling great at all and was actually developing lots of issues. Then he turns on his followers and blames them for being stupid when they question his u-turn. It’s disingenuous at best and likely does harm to some people.

LadyRae

I don’t particularly like dumping on the guy, I just hate seeing people like that screwing others over. When he was into Ray and high carb he was claiming he felt amazing. That is naturally going to lure people in. Now you find out he wasn’t feeling great at all and was actually developing lots of issues. Then he turns on his followers and blames them for being stupid when they question his u-turn. It’s disingenuous at best and likely does harm to some people.
I feel somewhat justified dumping right now because I have looked to him for health advice over the past several years when I was healing from my keto and fasting and over exercise mess. I put a lot of faith and trust in his information and now I feel really let down.

At the end of the day of course we are all just doing the best we can and it's important for me to remember that but still,

LadyRae

Also I just wanted to mention that I was listening to Kate Deering speak on Jodelle's podcast yesterday and she said that with her clients she needs to check in with them quite often because everything according to the pro metabolic approach will sound good and make sense when they're having their initial meeting, then people head back out into the world where they are constantly told that they need to be fasting and restricting sugar and carbs. The stresses out there pull people back into the accepted and dangerous status quo of lots of exercise , and calories in calories out.

It usually takes a couple years for people to heal from all the damaging crap they've put their bodies through, and like most of us, impatience takes over.

Regarding Matt's insta post photo, where he describes feeling so good after eating less than 5 g of carbs the previous day, it is just a classic stress hormone endorphin reaction. I fell into that trap, too

Jonk

I feel somewhat justified dumping right now because I have looked to him for health advice over the past several years
Yeah it was through that guy I found Danny Roddy and then Ray Peat. I remember clearly how he was very confident with everything, like he had a complete solid understanding of things. I threw out supplements because of him because he explicitly told people to do so. Now several years later he is selling them, or at least ascorbic acid. Everything about this would almost be fine if it actually humbled him to change, but it doesn't. He's not only not acknowledging his responsibility, he's almost prideful in the fact he changes his mind, and that he too can be convinced by rhetoric on social media. I'm paraphrasing but this is essentially what he does.

Hidden49

Blows my mind how this guy still has such a big following despite switching stance every week and jumping from one FAD to another.

Also looking at his pics now vs 6 years ago, just like Paul Saladino this guy has aged significantly in the last 6 years despite all the “biohacks” he partakes in everyday.

Becoming a health freak supplement junkie can really mess up your health too…

mamakitty

Just needs to go from this back to vegan then he’s completed the full circle. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence he’s still taking all the supplements he sells.
Oh my God! What a joke, eh! He is the most unstable almost hypocritical guy online, swinging from one extreme to another and then back. Tells you a lot about these internet health “gurus”.
Tho tbf to some, this guy has always been highly impressionable with no strong foundational values. Danny said it best about him, “when you have no values, you are like an empty paper bag in the wind” (paraphrasing)

mamakitty

Blows my mind how this guy still has such a big following despite switching stance every week and jumping from one FAD to another.

Also looking at his pics now vs 6 years ago, just like Paul Saladino this guy has aged significantly in the last 6 years despite all the “biohacks” he partakes in everyday.

I wanna see these photos, you got a link?

mamakitty

@fr@

Same, I don’t have Instagram, but a couple months ago I did make an account to see what happened with Georgi and Danny’s podcast that got deleted. So I followed this hypocrite for a couple weeks, right? Guess what? He blocked me for liking a comment of someone else who was questioning him. I wasn’t even commenting, just liking!!! So, this guy is so vindictive, he goes through comments and sees who likes them and blocks the likers lmaoooo. And then he has the audacity to slag off others for being so sensitive or egoistic. Geez! I deleted the account last week anyway because wow social media is a waste of time.
Anyway, re the podcast you mentioned, I couldn’t make it halfway through either. And what you said about that lady saying “like” every other word was my observation too. But honestly, I noticed this a couple years ago when I found this guy that he brings on a lot of female guests that usually don’t say much except “like” and “uh huh” or “hmm”. But he kinda mirrors them in the interviews. Such an oscillating personality and he is so gung ho with the extremes, eh? I stopped following his advice when I noticed his arrogance and hubris.

Hidden49

I wanna see these photos, you got a link?
Ok maybe I was exaggerating slightly, it’s not that bad, top pic is 6 years ago then bottom two are recent so it has been a fair amount of time.

I dunno I just would have thought someone who has dedicated his whole life to health, lives off grid etc and is an health influencer/advocate would look better than he does.

One thing I have noticed though is that Paul Saladino, Blackburn, Jason Hommel all have this cracked out druggie look to them, maybe from all the liver and copper they take/took. (I know Hommel only takes copper and not liver.)

This Tim bio hacker guy, who’s like the UK version of Matt Blackburn, does look good though for his age, he’s always mentioning phospholipids as one of his main supplements maybe that’s why.
294a9284-0b38-4c8b-a6cc-6626d0f5be09-png.46798

D05D9210-C1F7-4722-8A52-E9014DF0AFCE.png

AE7B7EAD-8E35-422D-B327-77B677F7A8D8.png

Attachments

• 294A9284-0B38-4C8B-A6CC-6626D0F5BE09.png
    294A9284-0B38-4C8B-A6CC-6626D0F5BE09.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 288

mamakitty

Ok maybe I was exaggerating slightly, it’s not that bad, top pic is 6 years ago then bottom two are recent so it has been a fair amount of time.

I dunno I just would have thought someone who has dedicated his whole life to health, lives off grid etc and is an health influencer/advocate would look better than he does.

One thing I have noticed though is that Paul Saladino, Blackburn, Jason Hommel all have this cracked out druggie look to them, maybe from all the liver and copper they take/took. (I know Hommel only takes copper and not liver.)

This Tim bio hacker guy, who’s like the UK version of Matt Blackburn, does look good though for his age, he’s always mentioning phospholipids as one of his main supplements maybe that’s why.
Ha! You are not exaggerating too much tho! Okay sure, it’s normal ageing and we all age. But I agree with you for someone who is so extreme about biohacks and longevity, I expected ceased or slowed ageing. Maybe being into extremes and unnatural supplements is the problem here. Look at Dave Asprey looks like Michael Douglas who is like 90.

carlz

I think a bit of dumping on this guy is warranted. For anyone on IG, theholisticmommy (who I’m pretty sure was also on a now-deleted episode of mitolife radio), has a highlight on people’s experiences w/ MB. It’s the ML reviews one.

Guy has apparently sent unsolicited pics to a number of women. Just another tick in the instability box.

I can of course sympathize with having messed up health and wanting to try anything to get it back. But I think we here all know that consistency pays off. Those metabolic/lifestyle extremes can take a long time to work out of and one can easily get caught in a lifelong string of them.

Attachments

• B1FECEA0-8A00-4CCC-82ED-94BAC4756582.jpeg
    B1FECEA0-8A00-4CCC-82ED-94BAC4756582.jpeg
    957.4 KB · Views: 58

Xin

Saladino looks very good for his age.

Paul looks very good for a 45 years old man who suffered from autoimmune disorders his whole life.

Hidden49

Saladino looks very good for his age.

Paul looks very good for a 45 years old man who suffered from autoimmune disorders his whole life.
Go on the Genereux thread , and check my post on Saladino, he’s aged considerably in the last 4 years since he started doing animal based.

Ericphilly

After being reluctant to follow Matt Blackburn when I first heard of him through the Functional Patterns community, I eventually gave in circa 2020. A year of buying some of his recommended gadgets and his mitolife supplements ($600 plus monthly on supps alone), I really started to realize the guy was a shill. He deserves to be bashed because he is taking advantage of others by cashing in off of his way over priced supplements that are cheaply manufactured in who knows what Chinese laboratory. Not only that, but constantly flip-flops back and forth doing complete 180s. He supposedly has all of the greatest biohacks known to man and lives "off grid", but yet still has the appearance of someone in their mid 40's at best when he is only 35, I believe. His relationships with others is suspect. He claimed to move to Colorado to be with his girlfriend but then suddenly ended up back in Idaho a week later. One of the biggest contributors of health is our relationships. Something he doesn't seem to hold.

I will say this though, I'm grateful for having found Atom Bergstrom through him. I did learn a few other things too, but all the money I invested into his company for that year or so, doesn't warrant any more positive feedback from me. LOL

bloooeh

I used to follow MB back when I had IG (pre 12/2020) and took his advice about not taking Vit D, which was a big mistake. I bought some of his supps (a couple times) which was marked higher than other brands. I also used to follow holistic_mommy who used to promote his supps. Idk what MB is up to now since I deleted my IG end of 2020 but I'm glad not seeing his and other IG influencers posts promoting their business and giving bad advice to their followers... I concur with the post above.

mamakitty

I used to follow MB back when I had IG (pre 12/2020) and took his advice about not taking Vit D, which was a big mistake. I bought some of his supps (a couple times) which was marked higher than other brands. I also used to follow holistic_mommy who used to promote his supps. Idk what MB is up to now since I deleted my IG end of 2020 but I'm glad not seeing his and other IG influencers posts promoting their business and giving bad advice to their followers... I concur with the post above.
When you say it was a mistake not taking vitamin d, what do you mean? Did you get bad symptoms or labs? could you please expand on that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals