New Soundbite- Jack Kruse on Ray Peat

Is there even one piece of evidence that DHA is needed for a brain? Pretty sure that babies tend to be efa deficient. I have never heard of any problems caused by pufa restriction.
So far, I've seen no evidence of DHA's essentiality, or any other PUFA's essentiality.

Nebula

So far, I've seen no evidence of DHA's essentiality, or any other PUFA's essentiality.
It’s really hard to imagine that non marine mammals would require DHA for good health when most have closet to zero in their diet, especially primates.

Fred

The dude looks like he is made out of lipofuscin.

View attachment 21140

20B9D944-BF4B-40EA-850D-4A5E44B10EB4.jpeg
"I am IRON MAAAAAANNNN"

Last edited:

baccheion

The dude looks like he is made out of lipofuscin.

View attachment 21140
How does that happen? Low vitamin C? Is it as likely if fat-solubles and vitamin C are supplemented? Melatonin? Too long in the sun? WTF? How much (%) PUFA would have to be consumed to be that much of a liability? Do they go away with fasting?

Tarmander

What I find fascinating about the Ray Peat forum, is that it attracts a lot of sick people that have mysterious problems that can't seem to figure out how to get better. These people tend to keep searching and come across really interesting ideas. Some of them are pretty good.
I feel you

Dobbler

Yeah look at this guy. High PUFA diet for life and sunbathing hours on end, combined with low carb diet, now swimming in lipofuscin. I think sunbathing is not something that is "more the better" . I used to do it for 2 hours during summer and it is quite addictive but that much is stupid i think.

GAF

How does that happen? Low vitamin C? Is it as likely if fat-solubles and vitamin C are supplemented? Melatonin? Too long in the sun? WTF? How much (%) PUFA would have to be consumed to be that much of a liability? Do they go away with fasting?

PT-141 or Melatonan II

Trying to boost his horny toad.

Sefton10

To my severely untrained eye it would seem to be a massive overload of O3, too few carbs and far too much sun. Whatever it is, he seems to be living proof of the consequences of many of the things Ray and others here advise against. He seems very hypothyroid to me, is aging quickly, is very aggressive, extremely short tempered, has a big messiah complex... I know looks can be superficial and are by no means the be all an end all for health, but compare him to Ray even at his advanced age (comparatively) and there is a stark difference in apparent 'wellness'. That's before we get into the fact I've never once heard Ray so much as raise his voice in many hundreds of hours of interviews, even in the face of hostile questioning. He acts and speaks with care, compassion and goes out of his way to help people make sense of things at their level. I know which horse I'd rather back.

mangoes

Aahh, good 'ol fashioned "evolutionary biology" argument - the favorite tool of mainstream medicine. Pretty much any argument can be made to sound plausible from an "evolutionary" perspective but cannot be proven/disproven because evolution takes eons to do its magic. How about HE (Jack Kruse) proves that DHA is "essential" or necessary for health. There is only one way to settle this really - perform experiments to reproduce (or invalidate) the EFA hypothesis (which is based on a single study from the 1930). Everything else is just talk.

did you ever do that study about “EFA deficiency” you were going to do before? (Maybe I’m remembering wrong though, but I think you was gonna do one)

amd

Spotify link:

"Anybody who's a true student of history knows that the guy that proved Einstein's theory .." - Jack Kruse

Tesla On Relativity.jpg

New York Times, July 11, 1935, Page 23, C.8

The third [startling adventure] would knock the props out from under the theory of relativity, he said, but in this case also he expressed his doubt that the modern generation of scientists would take his challenge seriously.

Cites Cosmic Ray Proof.

He described relativity as "a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king." In support of his statement he cited a number of experiments he had conducted, he said, as far back as 1896 on the Cosmic Ray. He has measured Cosmic Ray velocities from Antarus, he said, which he found to be fifty times greater than the speed of light, thus demolishing, he contended, one of the basic pillars of the structure of relativity, according to which there can be no speed greater than that of light.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
did you ever do that study about “EFA deficiency” you were going to do before? (Maybe I’m remembering wrong though, but I think you was gonna do one)

The group I am working with in Bulgaria is ready to do it, but the facilities are closed due to the pandemic. It is also a longer study as it would have to last at least 6 months to see if the signs of "EFA" deficiency do manifest, how severe they are, and if things like increasing B6 and zinc intake can remediate them. At least that's what the EU protocols for depletion of a vital nutrient call for, unlike the disease treatment studies, which usually last about a month.
So, long story short - it will be done, assuming the research facilities re-open, which is out of my hands.

mrchibbs

The group I am working with in Bulgaria is ready to do it, but the facilities are closed due to the pandemic. It is also a longer study as it would have to last at least 6 months to see if the signs of "EFA" deficiency do manifest, how severe they are, and if things like increasing B6 and zinc intake can remediate them. At least that's what the EU protocols for depletion of a vital nutrient call for, unlike the disease treatment studies, which usually last about a month.
So, long story short - it will be done, assuming the research facilities re-open, which is out of my hands.

Great news! 90 years after the Burrs, we'll finally know what's up!

You may also want to keep in mind the points listed by Edward J. Edmonds on his website. He has been digging through a lot of EFA literature and has found several old papers which I personally find very puzzling, because they hint that there is more to the story than just a b6 deficiency. It don't necessarily agree with his overall take, but it raises some important questions which would be good to keep in mind when structuring the study.

InChristAlone

I disagree with Kruse's focus on DHA, but I agree with him on sun exposure. I don't think anyone can be truly healthy locked up indoors.

YourUniverse

holy crap, very nice

mrchibbs

I disagree with Kruse's focus on DHA, but I agree with him on sun exposure. I don't think anyone can be truly healthy locked up indoors.

Yes, but that's hardly a mindblowing take. Humans need sun, that's a given. Jack Kruse likes to pontificate and makes things seem more complicated than they are. I read his books, some very good ideas though.

InChristAlone

Yes, but that's hardly a mindblowing take. Humans need sun, that's a given. Jack Kruse likes to pontificate and makes things seem more complicated than they are. I read his books, some very good ideas though.
But it isn't a given. Besides our tiny little corner of the internet, most are afraid of the sun because of skin cancer. I also know many who hate being in the sun and rarely go outside. So thats why I will keep preaching to the choir to make sure people are aware its a super easy way to be healthy.

That would be awesome to see, haidut!

I believe manganese, molybdenum and selenium were also lacking in the Burr's study. So increasing these would probably be necessary too, right? Since the metabolism of PUFA- free rats is something like 70% faster than regular, chow fed rats.

Ledo

My guess is Kruse would not agree that is lipofuscin but rather something akin to the freckles...hyper-pigmentation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals