What Are Your Thoughts On MATT STONE?

4peatssake

Curt :-) said:
I recall him ridiculing Dr Peat at some point, which is like Kim Kardashian calling Einstein a dumbass.

einstein460x276.jpg

Jennifer

Hehe! Great picture, 4peatssake.

How do I get to 3500 calories? It seems impossible. See below for my usual diet.

Attachments

• such saturation.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 386

tara

Such_Saturation said:
How do I get to 3500 calories? It seems impossible. See below for my usual diet.

If your metabolism and health is great, no problem.
Otherwise, it depends on what agrees with your digestion and tastes, and how you want to weight things, but if you want to eat more there are many options:
- more OJ
- variety of fruits, raw or juiced or stewed
- fruit juice jelly
- dates or other dried fruit, crystalised ginger
- cheese
- cheesecake
- chocolate brownie
- ginger biscuits
- custard
- chocolate sauce (made with condensed milk)
- milk chocolate
- fudge
- switch out the low fat milk for more of the whole milk
- baked or fried potato chips, mashed potatoes
- fish, shellfish, chowder, paella ...
- eggs, omelettes, ...
- beef or lamb, fried, roasted, stewed with fruit/roots/veges
- etc ...
There're a lot of recipes out there that can be used as is or modified to omit particular ingredients.

Amazoniac

tara said:
Such_Saturation said:

Otherwise, it depends on what agrees with your digestion and tastes, and how you want to weight things, but if you want to eat more there are many options:
- more OJ
- fruit juice jelly
- cheese
- cheesecake
- chocolate brownie
- ginger biscuits
- custard
- milk chocolate
- fudge
- eggs, omelettes, ...
- etc ...
There're a lot of recipes out there that can be used as is or modified to omit particular ingredients.

Hi Tara!
I think he mentioned in some threads that he tries to keep his PUFA intake to a maximum of 4g/d..

tara said:
Such_Saturation said:

- more OJ
- fruit juice jelly
- cheese
- cheesecake
- chocolate brownie
- ginger biscuits
- custard
- milk chocolate
- fudge
- eggs, omelettes, ...
- etc ...

Wow! I will try these. The problem is, the orange juicing (cheapest OJ source) already pushes the budget (and the wrist, and the kitchen) at one pint per day. Eventually it should become possible to buy bulk oranges, but old oranges are indeed quite dangerous. I think given more PUFA or starch as options, I will go with starch. Thanks!

Amazoniac said:
What a great diet..
Just out of curiosity, you usually eat uncooked liver?

I leave it pink on the inside, but the thing is, fried liver showed higher PUFA values which means they did not use coconut oil as I do.

Amazoniac said:
Hi Tara!
I think he mentioned in some threads that he tries to keep his PUFA intake to a maximum of 4g/d..

That's true! You are very sharp :cool:

Jennifer

Oh my, tara! All those foods sound delicious. I seriously can't wait till my gut agrees with me again.

Have fun, S_S eating up! :)

pboy

nice saturation, very efficient. Mine is similar but without liver, and whole milk instead and I switch up fruit sometimes but always a high vit C one...and sometimes have green tea also for the folate when not eating oranges

my honest thoughts on matt stone is he got in over his head so couldn't explain a lot of isses people had, I think his overall message is a bit underdeveloped, but that he has good intent, and some bits of really good wisdom in there, especially with regards to not overdoing liquids. I think he might have taken a slight stab at Peat but really didn't mean anything, like he built a lot of his work from Peats work and has to respect him. Hes alright but I think just what ive gathered through Peat, its a lot more valuable...but some of the more explicit things like liquids could still be beneficial, and eating enough

johns74

a clown, who in the era of massive idiocy in science and nutrition can look really smart. and be, comparatively, though that is not saying much.

tara

Amazoniac said:
Hi Tara!
Several of those options add little or no PUFA.
I'm definitely in favour of keeping PUFA down, but I think if it gets in the way of actually eating enough food, then that is a problem in itself - and who is to say which is the bigger problem for any particular individual?
I'm not sure where, but I thought Peat had suggested keeping PUFA down as a proportion of food - so when increasing overall food intake, it might make sense to allow PUFA to increase proportionally, if you can't reasonably avoid it.

I think Matt makes an important point: eating beats starving for keeping your metabolic rate up.

Looking at such's diet, if he wanted to increase, leaning a little more to the extra carby choices might be a reasonable way to go, since they are only just more than fats in the list he posted.

Amazoniac

tara said:
Amazoniac said:
Hi Tara!
Several of those options add little or no PUFA.
I'm definitely in favour of keeping PUFA down, but I think if it gets in the way of actually eating enough food, then that is a problem in itself - and who is to say which is the bigger problem for any particular individual?
I'm not sure where, but I thought Peat had suggested keeping PUFA down as a proportion of food - so when increasing overall food intake, it might make sense to allow PUFA to increase proportionally, if you can't reasonably avoid it.

I think Matt makes an important point: eating beats starving for keeping your metabolic rate up.

Looking at such's diet, if he wanted to increase, leaning a little more to the extra carby choices might be a reasonable way to go, since they are only just more than fats in the list he posted.

..I totally agree.

Amazoniac said:
Such_Saturation said:
I leave it pink on the inside, but the thing is, fried liver showed higher PUFA values which means they did not use coconut oil as I do.

The file uploaded seems to be counting the liver as raw (from Calf)..

Yes, the cooking fat is included in the three tablespoons of coconut oil; all quotes for liver around the internet vary wildly for macronutrients and micronutrients, so I just went with the one without oil. I guess cooking might destroy some vitamin but the fried one shows more of it.

gretchen

pboy said:
hes cooler than sliced bread

He really is. He's also a great writer.

I've noticed his drop off in terms of videos etc since people started criticizing his weight gain. It's really too bad since he's right about some things, and also is pretty good looking irrespective. I like him especially for his willingness to take on milk, something I've noticed a lot of Peatians don't want to do.