What's The Verdict On Vitmain D?

J

james2388

Last time I checked my blood levels they were pretty low last summer. Is it okay to take vitamin D with magnesium glycincate/lysinate with adequate calcium?

Idk Morley Robbinson and Matt Blackburn, even Josh Rubin all fall on the side of no vitamin D, just natural sunlight. But Danny, Georgi and Ray are on the side of oral and topical applications.

My joints pop and crack all of over the place for 24.

Will be using oral Dhea 25, pregnenolone, magnesium, vitamin e. Glycine, creatine, to build myself back up, and I might as well throw in vitamin D in there.

Just feel real fatigued lately, with covid, no job, and trying to study for information technology. Cognition is fine, just focus issues/motivation. I don't sleep that well either, I think neglecting vitamin d has played a role in that, I just hate roasting outside the in the sun, I find myself very bored as well with no mental stimulus so it'll only be about 10-20 minutes or so, Idrk, but I'm not someone to try to concentrate on something with the sun, and the heat bearing down on me.

OP
J

james2388

Seems like a lot of supplements. I think maybe gelatin and liver would help with the joints and energy, I used to lift and I noticed eating a lot of gelatin made my joints feel great!
GABA And Glycine Have The Same Effects In The CNS
Vitamin A Stimulates Testosterone Production
Chris Masterjohn had some good videos on vitamin D;

Thank you I definitely overlooked that ratio I found some links and watched the video really compelling. Chris and Georgi would make a great team.

Vitamin D oral is effective and safe, and insufficiency and deficiency dangerous.

Maljam

Idk Morley Robbinson and Matt Blackburn, even Josh Rubin all fall on the side of no vitamin D, just natural sunlight.

What do they suggest for people that don't live in countries where sunlight is adequate to maintain vitamin D levels? Ray, haidut and Danny all say sunlight as well, but they seem to accept that not everyone is able to get it. Used sensibly vitamin D can be one of the most powerful supplements for your health.

Tarmander

If you are working a lot with computers, sometimes what seems like a vitamin D deficiency is actually an ultraviolet light deficiency in your eyes.

I have one of these: https://t.co/wEhsM29cG6?amp=1

I shine it on my face, not directly in my eyes, for about an hour or two every other day and it keeps motivation up and anxiety down.

I have used it before for 6+ hours and it gives way too much energy and causes insomnia. So have to find the balance.

LUH 3417

I use topical vitamin d. Regarding sleep, I realized I had not taken my usual dose in the past few weeks and my sleep was terrible. Took some this weekend and had great sleep 2 nights in a row, even with really stressful days at work and drinking coffee at 6pm. I also drink magnesium water. I think vitamin D and mg have improved my sleep more than anything else I have tried, including herbal sleep tinctures (which actually seem to give me anxiety).

Maljam

If you are working a lot with computers, sometimes what seems like a vitamin D deficiency is actually an ultraviolet light deficiency in your eyes.

I have one of these: https://t.co/wEhsM29cG6?amp=1

I shine it on my face, not directly in my eyes, for about an hour or two every other day and it keeps motivation up and anxiety down.

I have used it before for 6+ hours and it gives way too much energy and causes insomnia. So have to find the balance.

+1 I definitely notice light deficiency after a while. An incandescent bulb should be in everyones arsenal.

I use topical vitamin d. Regarding sleep, I realized I had not taken my usual dose in the past few weeks and my sleep was terrible. Took some this weekend and had great sleep 2 nights in a row, even with really stressful days at work and drinking coffee at 6pm. I also drink magnesium water. I think vitamin D and mg have improved my sleep more than anything else I have tried, including herbal sleep tinctures (which actually seem to give me anxiety).

How much D do you use topically out of interest?

LUH 3417

+1 I definitely notice light deficiency after a while. An incandescent bulb should be in everyones arsenal.

about 20-40 drops, 5000iu in a drop. ray said if you were to take a vitamin topically you would have to use 20x the amount you would use orally to get a similar dosage.

Please test your dosages against bloodwork if members want to use topicals, there is still not enough data on topical use.

Tarmander

Remember, incandescents usually dont have UV. Need a black light or grow lamp

gaze

Vitamin D is a lot like thyroid in that you can bring it up naturally, but it takes immense lifestyle changes, lowering inflammation, etc. but if you supplement it can lower PTH, lower active vitamin D which is dangerous, help calcium uptake, and lower Inflammation with creates an upward positive cycle where it becomes easier to maintain good blood levels, similar to how taking thyroid can help ur natural thyroid by taking you out of a chronic stress cycle. I would definitely try to find a supplement you can tolerate and aim to bring it to around 50ng/ml

Maljam

Remember, incandescents usually dont have UV. Need a black light or grow lamp

Incandescents don't have any UV at all, light deficiency is completely different from vitamin D deficiency. I use topical D and shine the bulb when I get the symptoms of light deficiency.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals