Matt Blackburn on

jomamma007

I'm listening to this interview with Matt Blackburn where he talks about calcification. He seems to be very anti-calcium and he blames calcium for many different diseases.

What are your thoughts on what he says in this interview?

Matt isn't anti calcium from food at all. He has his own goats literally for the milk and cheese. He is against calcium in drinking and bathing water, and think it's a giant reason why everyone is calcified. I'm more under belief that it's the lack of calcium in the diet of most people. He also hyper focuses on thing that aren't as important, like saying you can't be healthy if you shower in tap water etc, you need dirty electricity filters for your house, emf blocking equipment that doesn't have much backing, never having artificial light in your house unless it's orange/red etc.
Matt has bounced from trend to trend. He even had a fish oil supplement. I understand we all change our positions as we learn but I'm tired of hearing him talk about stuff as if he is an authority. He simply just repeats whatever subject he is focused on at the time.
100%. It's tough because I'm sure many here as well as myself have bounced from keto to carnivore to fasting to fish oil now to Peat etc, and you can't blame people for changing their views. At the same time, he speaks as an authority, while he'll talk about danger of PUFA and quote Ray, while at the same time disagreeing with him on calcium being more important than magnesium and vitamin D and such. He had a parasite phase as well.

He also had literally nothing to add in the Vitamin D debate against Georgi and Danny. He refers to it as "rat poison" and only made 2 points in the debate. One that it's used in rat poison (even though the dose was astronomical and rats also have a higher affinity for converting cholecalciferol into calcitriol), and second that the MSM recommends it so it must be bad. That's it. Nothing of value. This guy, while I think has good intentions, is making a killing selling expensive albeit quality supplements and recommending the craziest things to people. Bone broth for SIBO? Like I watched a ton of his Q n As and podcasts, which got me into Peat, and there's a lot of nonsense because he really hasn't had any major health issues himself, which he freely admits. Like doing only diet related things if you're suffering from severe thyroid and gut issues is not enough for most.

I've talked to him with a 1 on 1, and he seemed genuine, but honestly didn't have actual experience or knowledge in helping many others apart from trying basic metabolically supporting things. He focuses on water quality and EMF to separate himself from the pack. You have to get acid free containment free drinking water and then vortex it to a certain frequency and then get it blessed by 3 priests on a Tuesday or you'll get calcified. He then gets validated by people doing HTMA tests showing high calcium because they are showering in water that has high PPM and this has nothing to do with your actual calcium levels in the tissue. He also is buying 30k float tanks and all these gadgets every week. Just buying a 1k ice cream maker non chalant because he's making a killing on the supplements etc and now he has his own house off the grid with every gadget you can think of, but it's okay because he had to work at Costco and uber while researching for 10 years to get to this point and deserves it etc.

He was mostly vegan for 10 years and suffered some health issues from that, and went into 6 months of OMAD KETO (which he claims almost killed him LOL, while I'm sure many here have done so much more damage to their body), and goes directly into pounding milk sugar etc and healed himself within a year with just food after reading Kate Deerings book and vitamin E. I don't believe many of these guys have actually suffered tremendous health issues and then give advice it's crazy. It's like Paul Saladino promoting a carnivore diet, which he had only been on for a year, because it "cured" hi eczema, only to have to add in carbs after a while because he was getting many bad symptoms, so now it's ANIMAL BASED eating and all this nonsense.

I've taken notes about his site, he'll have 7000 Vitamin E products for example (at $60), and he'll sell out in 2 months and that's just one of hi 10 products. Of course that's not 100% profit, but he's making a killing off all these Instagram followers trying to restore their metabolism. $75 for an oyster supplement? A vitamin C product that's derived from real food because ascorbic acid is not Vitamin C etc.

He caught onto the massive pro metabolic trend on instagram since the pandemic, and is riding success with his supplements just like Saladino jumped on the carnivore train and because of his MD (that he got a month before starting his podcast), whom I also worked with and didn't really understand much about the bloodwork he had me run. I've literally learned more with a few consultations with Danny Roddy, and listening to the Generative Energy podcast, then 2 $700 consults with Paul. Yeah Paul Low T3 isn't okay because I'm on some magical meat diet lol. Anyways, it's not my attention to bash Matt, as he's the reason I even got into looking at metabolism. At the end of the day he's helping people, but they could learn and save more $ if they red some of Rays work etc...This is just my experience with working/following a lot of his work for 6 months last year coming off carnivore.

Last edited:
OP
Julian

Julian

I've talked to him with a 1 on 1, and he seemed genuine, but honestly didn't have actual experience or knowledge in helping many others apart from trying basic metabolically supporting things. He focuses on water quality and EMF to separate himself from the pack. You have to get acid free containment free drinking water and then vortex it to a certain frequency and then get it blessed by 3 priests on a Tuesday or you'll get calcified.

Hahaha I laughed out loud :P

fr@

He's goofy. I never take him seriously and don't go to his youtube channel or give him publicity in any way, shape or form.
I think he has some degree of Asperger's, 'cause he's kind of a bit insensitive with what he's saying ('cause it definitely triggers sensitive people) &/or maybe it's just his marketing ploy.

[I also find it funny/questionable on how authoritative he says certain things; saying stuff like exercising and building muscles are bs while saying that in a straight face.]

But at the same time, I learn a lot for him along with the guests he has.

I mean, without that guy -- I wouldn't have heard of other people that are related to this 'Bioenergtic Community'.

To me, I think we need all the help that we can get; instead of just being one dimensional.

'Cause there's more to just: Sugar, Milk, & Thyroid.

@Julian - "You have to get acid free containment free drinking water and then vortex it to a certain frequency and then get it blessed by 3 priests on a Tuesday or you'll get calcified." now, is that for real? *I mean, like "whaaat?".

@jomamma007 - I don't know if you're promoting him, but he's for sure a transcended sales man (a sales man for a cause)... hahaha.

But to me, Georgi is still the bomb (I think he and his team will cure diseases in due time) -- I'm just wondering when would Georgi &/or Danny and Ray Peat be in JRE?

Sefton10

I mean, without that guy -- I wouldn't have heard of other people that are related to this 'Bioenergtic Community'.
I agree he can be a useful gateway to get people to the likes of Ray and Georgi. What ended him for me was when he had I think Atom Bergstrom on his podcast and Atom started on a bit of a rant about how most supplements are useless and a waste of money. Matt just cut it out. I know it’s his podcast so he can do what he wants but it was blatant censoring. His hardcore religion/Christ vibe was very off putting around that time too, I think he’s moved away from that now though.

Inaut

I used to listen to his podcasts but lost interest when he went from being a Jesus fan to saying he thinks Jesus is important but he's not the guy he thought he was (not paraphrasing). I can appreciate always questioning reality and beliefs but to flip flop so often, especially given his age makes me doubt much of what he says.. Being opened minded is a good thing, just not when it's dependent on the wind...

fr@

I agree he can be a useful gateway to get people to the likes of Ray and Georgi. What ended him for me was when he had I think Atom Bergstrom on his podcast and Atom started on a bit of a rant about how most supplements are useless and a waste of money. Matt just cut it out. I know it’s his podcast so he can do what he wants but it was blatant censoring. His hardcore religion/Christ vibe was very off putting around that time too, I think he’s moved away from that now though.

I didn't know the Atom Berstrom part, maybe he said stuff like Shilajit if BS, hahaha.
As with his Religious Episodes, I'm living with some Hardcore Religious People already.
And had been on their events and setting things up (ie. lights, zoom, etc), so my tolerance is up by 10 fold (arbitrarily).
Now I'm not Anti-Religion, it's just that some of these people are like casting a spell on you that 'this is the one true way'.

I used to listen to his podcasts but lost interest when he went from being a Jesus fan to saying he thinks Jesus is important but he's not the guy he thought he was (not paraphrasing). I can appreciate always questioning reality and beliefs but to flip flop so often, especially given his age makes me doubt much of what he says.. Being opened minded is a good thing, just not when it's dependent on the wind...

I think that's just his process of creating his own beliefs, which kind of defeats the purpose of what Religion he's subscribing to in the first place.
But what's a good age to make someone believable though -- probably the age where you've already gone past Medical Residency?
'Cause back then (years ago) when I was still doing Keto, there's this guy Siim Land (he's great though, I'd say he's like beyond his years type of guy).
And knowing his age made somewhat dismissive on what he comes up with.
Probably at the back of my head, "I'm just the same age as this guy, and I could pretty much do the same".
But yeah, I look up more to Older People &/or Muscular Folks... hahaha.

GreekDemiGod

This guy is now doing cod liver oil for the retinol intake and says that PUFAs are protective against cold.
Keeps blabbing about how Retinol and Copper are the most important.

Sefton10

This guy is now doing cod liver oil for the retinol intake and says that PUFAs are protective against cold.
Keeps blabbing about how Retinol and Copper are the most important.
Yep. It’s like he’s trying to brand himself as the man who changes his mind now, so follow him and trust him because of that.

sunny

His retinol and copper views come from Morley, I believe. I could be wrong, but I don't see him formulating his views from his own intellectual curiosity and pursuits in the manner of Dinkov or Peat. Granted, Dinkov and Peat use the work of other to inform their views, building upon and adding to. MB seems to parrot the views and words of others. I do feel he is trying to help people, and if the most help is exposing people to real help- ie Peat, dinkov, atom, etc, - then being a conduit in that manner will help someone. Somewhere recently I heard him say he had moved from the Idaho farm location to Colorado. Probably because he learned high altitude has health benefits, lol.

Last edited:

Stramonium

He keeps saying health is nuanced. Whatever that means. But then try to ridicule people for avoiding PUFAS ? I think he's just trying to be controversial

Cloudhands

i think that he grew to resent the "bioenergetic community" when they criticized his views on Vitamin D. but yeah hes basically a flip flopper, which isnt inherently bad, but i dont see how anyone could follow his advice not expecting it to change. He used to follow nun amen ra, the 1 meal a day vegan body builder lol

Cloudhands

i think that the only reason he didnt like pufas was because he was trying to defame his old company called cymbiotica that sold omega 3 algae oil. i get the impression that he was either kicked out of the company or left on bad terms for some reason. Peat also criticized liver extract powder and other supplements that im sure matt plans on selling soon so he had to switch up QUICK

Jon2547

Matt says things like "better never ever never skip breakfast or you'll get cancer" ROFL

reaching

He's the reason I found out about Ray Peat but yeah he's just making money off his whatever he is interested in at the moment like someone else already said.
I stopped following his social media over a year ago but will still listen to his podcast whenever atom or morley is on.

Yogi

I'm interested in learning how to avoid hard water. Right now, I drink bottled mineral water. What do people usually do to drink soft water without fluoride and not in plastic bottles?
I bought a water distiller. I've had mine for 3+ years now and I run it constantly to produce 2-3 gallons a day. It has never seriously broken. The one issue I had was the result of an accumulation of hard material and I ended up having to replace a part at the 2 year mark but it was covered under warranty and they had a technician to troubleshoot with me over the phone. Anyways this issue was likely my own fault for not cleaning it out regularly. Everyone would cease using hard water if they saw the remnants of material left behind, over time. I cant find any photos on my phone, I must have deleted them but needless to say, It looks very "hard".

Save for the part I had to replace ( they mailed me out a replacement part within a week and it was back up and running) I have used it consistently. I use the water for everything: cooking, steam, coffee, tea etc.

Below is a pic of my setup

And here is where I bought it, and this is the one I bought(its on sale for $625 right now (I bought it at $700 3+ years ago):

Attachments

• Steampure.jpeg
    Steampure.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 11

Inaut

The boy who cried wolf. I think he’s being contrarian for the sake of it now. It’s admirable to change your mind, but to start building a persona as the guy who always changes his mind will dig him into a hole eventually.
Buy my AA product. Organically sourced from some factory in China. It’s the best.

Sefton10

099CFBE9-D9F5-41BF-B91E-CE90D5F3B5BB.png

The 180 is almost complete…

David PS