New To Ray Peat: Questions And Criticisms

more to the point- why do you care? you seem to be extremely het up over what other people are doing? have you considered why this is so triggering for you?
And you seem to be blind to what he's doing. He is basically causing confusion intentionally, and avoiding clarifying what he's saying. You have got to be joking.

Have you considered analyzing the situation better before making useless comments? Jeez.

tara

more to the point- why do you care? you seem to be extremely het up over what other people are doing? have you considered why this is so triggering for you?
If people misuse the forum, that affects the forum and all of us.

Very impresive stuff. So your diet is sort of a hybrid between @CLASH and the croissant diet guy?

What are some sample meals of yours? I guess I have a tough time trying to figure
out how to down so much rendered fat like butter with bread, pasta, etc

Just take shots of butter or what? LOL ... I'm halfway joking but you understand, right?

To be honest, I've started implementing the croissant diet principles with tons
of starch and have started losing weight. But it's still early so I don't want to draw any conclusions yet.

Eat:
A2 diary(jersey, goat, sheep).
Cream-Unhomogonized
Butter-Grass Fed
Fatty Red Meat
Tallow
Gelationoues Meats(shank/oaxtail)
Dessicated beef Organ Pills, or Goose/Duck/Chicken Liver pattess. Beef liver is OKAY, but extremly high in Vit A. Need to be cooked in bacon fat for vitamin D(lard)
Fruit-Orange Juice, Apricots, Mango. Which come with beta caroteine(orange). Dates and white sugar waste vitamin A.
Coffee

Avoid
Grains, even properly prepared soaked/sprouted are inferior and not really fit for human consumption
Tubers
PUFA-Nuts/Plants/kale...etc.Anything that taste bad by itself.

EAT LIKE THIS go from 185 to 168 in 6 weeks.
View attachment 16852View attachment 16853

Eat Like Conventional "PEAT INTERPRETATION" ADVICE (everyone posted before me) and blow up to 210 and waste 2 years of prime age. Been peating for 3 years...
Too much sugar
Too much Protein
Not enough Plamatic and steraic acid(cream and tallow)
Dairy Fat Successfully Replaced My Thyroid Medication

Just saved you three years of self expirementation, I need about 4 hours of sleep a night and no more coffee.. also went from working out 2x a week to 3x days in a row. Could go lift agian right now.

D

Deleted member 5487

Very impresive stuff. So your diet is sort of a hybrid between @CLASH and the croissant diet guy?

What are some sample meals of yours? I guess I have a tough time trying to figure

Just take shots of butter or what? LOL ... I'm halfway joking but you understand, right?

of starch and have started losing weight. But it's still early so I don't want to draw any conclusions yet.

ROS theory/Croissant diet guy showed me the power of stearic acid and palmatic acid.

Also Showed how eating those two liberally(cream,butter,tallow) shuttles glucose into glycogen,brain,and oxidative metabolism(burn it off).

Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

Right Now Beef tallow, topically/ingested might be the most powerful thing I have taken. bloodflow increase substabtiliy. Any carbs I eat turn to heat.

Croissant diet is FAD, it was used to gain traction to his blog. Not realistic. Why the hell eat white flour? Just add butter/tallow to your starchs and cream with your fruit.

I had also lowered my protein, don't see the point really past some zinc and nitrogen balance. Yet I just lifted 4 days in a row adding beef tallow to my diet arms are fuller than ever.

Don't worry about macro nutrient too much humans just turn whatever they eat into what they need. Being a "carb burner" is the dumbest thing ever, each organ has different preferences. Most burn fat better honestly.. If you eat cream with your fruit, the body instantly releases some fat from your last meal, the sugar is shuttled to brain/glycogen then the cream in the meal itself is absorbed like 2-4 hours later and your full for hours.

The second I stopped carrying about Krebs Cycle My health improved substanitally.

Last edited by a moderator:

CLASH

This is almost exactly the same dietary protocol I've been discussing on the forum for a few years now (2 years?). The only thing missing is carrots (I use them for the fiber, not nutritional value or taste). I also don't eat dairy but in the protocol I discuss if dairy doesn't bother the individual I see no issue with it, I just personally don't do well with it.

For reference I currently eat 150-160g of fat per day and about 400g of carbs (sometimes 500 if I trained 2x in the day) all from simple sugars (150g of protein as well). I dont eat any starch. I've been playing around with mixtures of different fatty acids and also mixtures of different simple sugars. I also workout pretty hard 4x a week on top of MMA 2-3x per week without getting too tired. I think fat is vitally important and spares the glucose and other sugars for the most important functions of the body. I have eaten up to 250g of fat a day from tallow or butter in the past without getting fat. I just had some minor digestive issues to start (first few days) as my liver and intestines adjusted. It also made me very full after meals, but I don't have a gallbladder lol.

On another thread I showed a picture of my current physique (I'll attach it here); I'm 6'2 180lbs just about 8% bodyfat as of a biolelectrical impedence/ 3D body scan as of last week. I show it to essentially "put my money where my mouth is" and because I think most guys could get to where I'm at if they are consistent with a correctly structured resistance training program and properly constructed diet. Depending on starting point it may take some people longer than others. I'm working with a guy at my fight gym now to get him down from 220lbs @ 5'9 estimated 25-30% bodyfat to 180-190lbs 12-14% bodyfat. I don't have him on a cut, just changed up his diet and let him train as he is (he wants to cage fight). The only problem he has is adherence to the diet; guy likes beer and fried (PUFA) foods too much and I can't babysit him all day lol.

Attachments

• 52AD97FB-9482-46A6-A290-FC1BEA5F6A84.jpeg
    52AD97FB-9482-46A6-A290-FC1BEA5F6A84.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

yashi

ROS theory/Croissant diet guy showed me the power of stearic acid and palmatic acid.

Also Showed how eating those two liberally(cream,butter,tallow) shuttles glucose into glycogen,brain,and oxidative metabolism(burn it off).

Right Now Beef tallow, topically/ingested might be the most powerful thing I have taken. bloodflow increase substabtiliy. Any carbs I eat turn to heat.

Croissant diet is FAD, it was used to gain traction to his blog. Not realistic. Why the hell eat white flour? Just add butter/tallow to your starchs and cream with your fruit.

I had also lowered my protein, don't see the point really past some zinc and nitrogen balance. Yet I just lifted 4 days in a row adding beef tallow to my diet arms are fuller than ever.

Don't worry about macro nutrient too much humans just turn whatever they eat into what they need. Being a "carb burner" is the dumbest thing ever, each organ has different preferences. Most burn fat better honestly.. If you eat cream with your fruit, the body instantly releases some fat from your last meal, the sugar is shuttled to brain/glycogen then the cream in the meal itself is absorbed like 2-4 hours later and your full for hours.

The second I stopped carrying about Krebs Cycle My health improved substanitally.
Could you post some sample 'what I eat in a day' please or some days of cronometer? Meal timings and orders? Rough macro estimates?
Obviously not as a dogmatic guide, just as a baseline. Thank you.

Btw, the croissant diet did not work for me. I was always hungry quickly again and was able to overeat calories way too easily which led to weight gain. But maybe I didn't do well because of the starches.

Last edited:

schultz

Why is it so hard to find a clear precise protocol of what he advocates?

Anything that promotes healthy oxidative phosphorylation is good and anything that promotes aerobic glycolysis is bad. That's the crux of it. So don't eat/do things that promote the latter.

What’s with the aspirin worship? Intestinal bleeding much?

I've never had bleeding from aspirin.

It’s a forum I’ve never been to. So I wouldn’t know where to look for newbies.

Read Rays articles on his website. That's Ray in his most unadulterated, undiluted form, free from the opinions and interpretations of others.

This is almost exactly the same dietary protocol I've been discussing on the forum for a few years now (2 years?). The only thing missing is carrots (I use them for the fiber, not nutritional value or taste). I also don't eat dairy but in the protocol I discuss if dairy doesn't bother the individual I see no issue with it, I just personally don't do well with it.

For reference I currently eat 150-160g of fat per day and about 400g of carbs (sometimes 500 if I trained 2x in the day) all from simple sugars (150g of protein as well). I dont eat any starch. I've been playing around with mixtures of different fatty acids and also mixtures of different simple sugars. I also workout pretty hard 4x a week on top of MMA 2-3x per week without getting too tired. I think fat is vitally important and spares the glucose and other sugars for the most important functions of the body. I have eaten up to 250g of fat a day from tallow or butter in the past without getting fat. I just had some minor digestive issues to start (first few days) as my liver and intestines adjusted. It also made me very full after meals, but I don't have a gallbladder lol.

On another thread I showed a picture of my current physique (I'll attach it here); I'm 6'2 180lbs just about 8% bodyfat as of a biolelectrical impedence/ 3D body scan as of last week. I show it to essentially "put my money where my mouth is" and because I think most guys could get to where I'm at if they are consistent with a correctly structured resistance training program and properly constructed diet. Depending on starting point it may take some people longer than others. I'm working with a guy at my fight gym now to get him down from 220lbs @ 5'9 estimated 25-30% bodyfat to 180-190lbs 12-14% bodyfat. I don't have him on a cut, just changed up his diet and let him train as he is (he wants to cage fight). The only problem he has is adherence to the diet; guy likes beer and fried (PUFA) foods too much and I can't babysit him all day lol.

Thanks so much for the insight! I guess for me the idea of including starch makes this way of eating much more sustainable (and also more affordable).

That’s why I’m trying to make the Croissant approach work. I’ve stopped gaining weight for the first time in ages (and have lost a little) since increasing dairy fat liberally and also including starches.

This would be very sustainable for me. However if I need to cut out starches on most days for more results, I will.

I guess it was just good to hear more affirmation on your approach from another.

I still don’t know how you get so much rendered fat like beef tallow down. The idea just seems repulsive to me without starch as a medium. Even for dairy fat.

Very impressive results and thanks for the feedback!

CLASH

Thanks so much for the insight! I guess for me the idea of including starch makes this way of eating much more sustainable (and also more affordable).

That’s why I’m trying to make the Croissant approach work. I’ve stopped gaining weight for the first time in ages (and have lost a little) since increasing dairy fat liberally and also including starches.

This would be very sustainable for me. However if I need to cut out starches on most days for more results, I will.

I guess it was just good to hear more affirmation on your approach from another.

I still don’t know how you get so much rendered fat like beef tallow down. The idea just seems repulsive to me without starch as a medium. Even for dairy fat.

Very impressive results and thanks for the feedback!

No problem man. If starch is working for you man than by all means continue. I'm not anti-starch, especially if it works for the person. I only see an issue with starch if the person has issues with starch. All i'd say is that potatoes, yams and plantains are some of the most nutrient dense starch sources.

I actually enjoy the fat, it makes me warm, energized and makes me feel very androgenic. I also really enjoy the taste with my protein sources and some salt.

Anytime, happy to help.

I actually enjoy the fat, it makes me warm, energized and makes me feel very androgenic. I also really enjoy the taste with my protein sources and some salt.
I also really like eating fat with meat, especially if the meat is lean. Pastured- raised chicken breast cooked in tallow is amazing!

mamakitty

Are you still going strong on the above? Did you implement intermittent fasting as well?
Also, is all jersey dairy a2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals