Policosanol concerns and trying to make sense of Peats comments on them

Dr. B

So I asked Dr Peat about policosanols. He thought the most thats safe for daily consistent usage is 10mg-20mg daily. I asked him what the risks are to going higher. He answered “they can interfere with the digestion and assimilation of fats” or he said absorption and assimilation of fats.

I asked him if policosanols would affect absorption of fat soluble vitamins especially if consumed at the same time. He answered they shouldn’t affect absorption of the fat solubles.

Anyway i recently read a few different articles and videos, not from Peat but from other sources, and they mentioned things like how vitamin K2 and vitamin D3 are made from cholesterol in humans.

I also looked into the effects of other cholesterol lowering drugs and they all have serious side effects including muscle loss and anti androgenic effects. It seems that anti cholesterol drugs can be anti estrogenic but will also be anti androgenic for the same reason. If cholesterol is lowered youre lowering hormones made from that cholesterol. So it would include testosterone and estrogen.

Supposedly the studies on policosanol showed it caused weight loss in humans. Did they ever verify how much of that weight loss was fat vs muscle?

From what ive read it seems risky to take anything that acts to lower or inhibit cholesterol.

I also read this post on Dannys IG page.

It mentions deficiencies in vitamin K can occur from agents that interfere with lipid absorption. Isnt that exactly what policosanol is doing? You can of course try to keep the dose lower, but i dont think 20mg daily is safe. I used 20mg daily of the swansons brand for 2 years. I also noticed it will make the skin and scalp hair less oily and smooth out the skin, really clears up the skin too. That was the only benefit i noticed from it.

Attachments

• A2BD7BA4-C0B7-43F5-A8C6-11EB63488C47.png
    A2BD7BA4-C0B7-43F5-A8C6-11EB63488C47.png
    526.8 KB · Views: 18
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals