Policosanol Is Antiviral And A Potent Inducer Of Anti-aging Gene Klotho

NathanK

The swansons brand uses the patented biocasanol from sugarcane wax. What does nutricost use? swansons even though its patented is fairly cheap. I think $8 for 60 capsules of 20mg. I wonder if the sugarcane wax ones would be superior to wheat germ sourced ones which nutricost may be using. I dont know if any supplements source it from beeswax

I noticed that it definitely seems to clear up the skin, and also has a drying effect on skin and hair. That was at 20mg daily. If i bumped to 40mg daily it seemed like it could cause weight gain or bloating and it made the skin more inflamed looking.

The fact that it noticeably clears up the skin and gets rid of oily skin and scalp, im thinking means it must affect some sex hormones? I believe Ray said estrogen actually promotes dry skin. So acne and oily skin is caused by maybe dhea or maybe cortisol? I also know that many of the drugs/supplements that cause hair loss also make the scalp more oily and often even the skin more oily. That includes dhea, pregnenolone, choline, vitamin A and Cbd supplements. I think people with high cortisol/cushings more often have acne.

Plus there are anti estrogenic substances that dont seem to cause acne. So it seems like it could be cortisol that gets raised from these different supplements? If cortisol comes from cholesterol, then something like policosanol would help lower it since it lowers cholesterol.
The only concern im thinking would be that any cholesterol lowering substance would lower both cortisol and other hormones that come from cholesterol like androgens. Supposedly progesterone and vitamin E do the same thing of lowering estrogen and cortisol but also lowering androgens.
That would be a concern if it lowered androgens, cholesterol, and caused hair loss, but I haven't seen any proof of it. I started progesterone with DHEA about a month ago so I have some confounding variables. Have not noticed any adverse effects personally and cortisol won't be an issue while taking low dose prog. I wasn't expecting anything special externally and more interested in my labs I have scheduled in June.

I saw your post about Swanson using sugar cane the other day. Id probably go with them if I saw sooner. Nutricost just had few excipients at a fair value. They're a bit like a Pure Bulk but sells more caps.

I will keep a lookout for adverse signs (as always). I moved to a new city last fall and started shedding some hair, so I am susceptible, but most of that stopped a couple months ago with the change of seasons and restarted my supplement regimen. If anything now, I'm a little worried about estrogen going too low since my knees have developed some tightness (started before taking policosanols). Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals