Vitamin E 100-fold more potent than remdesivir for SARS-CoV-2 / coronaviruses

yerrag

Very interesting...

To be completely honest my thoughts go into the direction of VIT K2... I think it created a lot of thick blood as well as increased clotting time.
I've developed a lot of superficial thrombophlebitis as well. When I drop VIT E and left with K2 only for the next 10 days my symptoms got even worse.

Ray to all of this has said:
" Cooked greens, milk, cheese, and eggs are very good sources of K. The solvents used to extract vitamin K, for example from natto, often cause problems. The present vitamin K culture is the creation of marketing campaigns, and is causing a lot of harm. "

And he shared different studies in which I think he encourages the usage of K1 specifically.

Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1971;41(2):180-8.
The relationship between the storage forms of vitamin K and dietary phylloquinone
in the dog.
Duello TJ, Matschiner JT.

J Nutr. 1998 Feb;128(2):220-3.
Conversion of dietary phylloquinone to tissue menaquinone-4 in rats is not
dependent on gut bacteria.
Davidson RT, Foley AL, Engelke JA, Suttie JW.
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences,
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA.
The ability of male rats to accumulate menaquinone-4 (MK-4) in tissues when fed a
vitamin K-deficient diet supplemented with intraperitoneal phylloquinone (K) as
the sole source of vitamin K for 14 d was assessed. In both conventionally housed
controls and gnotobiotic rats, supplementation with the equivalent of 1500 microg
vitamin K/kg diet increased (P < 0.001) tissue MK-4 concentrations above those of
controls fed a vitamin K-deficient diet. MK-4 concentrations were approximately 5
ng/g (11 pmol/g) in liver, 14 ng/g in heart, 17 ng/g in kidney, 50 ng/g in brain
and 250 ng/g in mandibular salivary glands of gnotobiotic rats. MK-4
concentrations in conventionally housed rats were higher than in gnotobiotic rats
in heart (P < 0.01), brain (P < 0.01) and kidney (P < 0.05) but lower in salivary
gland (P < 0.05). Cultures of a kidney-derived cell line (293) converted K to the
expoxide of MK-4 in a manner that was dependent on both time of incubation and
concentration of vitamin K in the media. A liver-derived cell line (H-35) was
less active in carrying out this conversion. These data offer conclusive proof
that the tissue-specific formation of MK-4 from K is a metabolic transformation
that does not require bacterial transformation to menadione as an intermediate in
the process.

Calif Med. 1970 Apr;112(4):65-7.
Don't use the wrong vitamin K.
Udall JA.
The emergency use of vitamin K is essentially limited to the reversal of
drug-induced hypoprothrombinemia. In patients with adequate liver function,
phytonadione acts promptly and predictably in this capacity whereas the
derivatives of menadione counteract coumarin drugs only slightly or not at all.
It is dangerous to rely on menadione analogues, and these drugs should be removed
from emergency room drug stores.

Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:296721.
Vitamin K1 exerts antiproliferative effects and induces apoptosis in three
differently graded human colon cancer cell lines.

Orlando A(1), Linsalata M(1), Tutino V(2), D'Attoma B(1), Notarnicola M(2), Russo
F(1).
(1)Laboratory of Nutritional Pathophysiology, National Institute for Digestive
Diseases IRCCS "Saverio de Bellis", Castellana Grotte, 70013 Bari, Italy.
(2)Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, National Institute for Digestive
Diseases IRCCS "Saverio de Bellis", Castellana Grotte, 70013 Bari, Italy.
Vitamin K1 has been demonstrated as having anticancer potentiality mainly in
liver cancer cells. Beyond the reported mechanisms of cancer inhibition (cell
cycle arrest and induction of apoptosis), a possible control by vitamin K1 on
molecules affecting cell growth could be hypothesized. In the literature, few (if
any) data are available on its antitumor effects on colon cancer cells.
Therefore, the aims of the study were to investigate in three differently graded
human colon cancer cell lines (Caco-2, HT-29, and SW480) the effects of
increasing concentrations of vitamin K1 (from 10 μM to 200 μM) administered up to
72 h on (1) cell proliferation, (2) apoptosis with the possible involvement of
the MAPK pathway, and (3) polyamine biosynthesis. Vitamin K1 treatment caused a
significant antiproliferative effect and induced apoptosis in all the cell lines,
with the involvement of the MAPK pathway. A concomitant and significant decrease
in the polyamine biosynthesis occurred. This is the first study demonstrating a
significant polyamine decrease in addition to the antiproliferative and
proapoptotic effects following vitamin K1 administration to colon cancer cell
lines. Therapeutically, combinations of vitamin K1 with polyamine inhibitors
and/or analogues may represent a suitable option for chemoprevention and/or
treatment in future strategies for colorectal cancer management.

Scand J Gastroenterol. 2014 Jun;49(6):715-21.
Vitamin K1 attenuates bile duct ligation-induced liver fibrosis in rats.
Jiao K(1), Sun Q, Chen B, Li S, Lu J.
(1)Department of Laboratory Animal Science, School of Basic Medical Science,
Capital Medical University , Beijing, 100069 , China.
Vitamin K1 is used as a liver protection drug for cholestasis-induced liver
fibrosis in China, but the mechanism of vitamin K1's action in liver fibrosis is
unclear. In this study, a model of liver fibrosis was achieved via bile duct
ligation in rats. The rats were then injected with vitamin K1, and the levels of
serum aspartate aminotransferase, alanine transaminase, total bilirubin and the
fibrotic grade score, collagen content, the expressions of α-smooth muscle actin
(SMA) and cytokeratin 19 (CK19) were measured on day 28 after ligation. The
levels of the biochemical parameters, fibrotic score and collagen content were
significantly reduced by treatment with vitamin K1 in bile duct-ligated rats. In
addition, α-SMA and CK19 expression was significantly reduced by vitamin K1
treatment in bile duct-ligated rats. These results suggested that vitamin K1 may
attenuate liver fibrosis by inhibiting hepatic stellate cell activation in bile
duct-ligated rats.

I have a higher levels of inflammation all round. Skin issues [eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, white peeling of skin, balanitis ], as well as kidney inflammation and blood vessel, aortic inflammation [feeling of pulsation], had some intestinal bleeding too. Similar to when I was using high IU of D3.

Methylene blue [400mcg] also gives me some nerve pains -maybe some herx reaction.

Is there anything I could do in such situation? I feel like when I eat fats things get more clogged and pressurized so I avoid it for now as much as I can focusing on fruits, honey, some eggs and bread. Also calcium [milk] tends to get things a bit worse for now so I avoid that too.

Well... Nothing.
I should get some ultrasound and get some CBC in a next few days since I'm still inflamed so it may still hold some relevance.

Anyway @yerrag thank you so much for responding. You gave me some ideas to explore and some things which I never considered before like the phages and gamma being known to remove and prevent plaques. I will try to get as much information on that in the near future <3
You're welcome.

I wish I could give you more information but I'm limited to the uniqueness of my own context and can't offer you a better understanding of your situation.

You suffer the consequences of disturbing the equilibrium established by your body and the plaque in your blood vessels, and that is what we share in common. And both of failed to appreciate enough that the substances, no matter how promising and helpful, can be a double-edged sword.

Today, I got the results of my CBC and ESR. Both look very terrible. My ESR is 26, way above standard of care upper limit of 15. And to think that before I began to mess with blood vessel plaque 3 years ago, it was an immaculate "0."

My RDW jumped to 14.9 which indicates even more clogging of my capillaries. It was at 13.5, which was already above the upper limit of 13.

My eosinophils IA at 15%, which is way above the upper limit of 3%. Never has it been this high. I certainly released a lot of parasites hiding dormant within the plaque.This explains why my body wasn't able to restore its acid base balance. The eosinophils was spewing a lot of acids and ROS at the parasites to kill it, leaving a lot of acid for the body to try to mop up. And a lot of internal antioxidants are being used up to counter the oxidative stress of the ROS. Perhaps a lot of tissue damage is occurring, which would cause my ESR to be very high.

This is why I had to have my CBC. It's only today that I could take this blood test, as in this COVID environment we're in, I would be refused entry into the diagnostics lab if I measure with a fever.

My CBC would have been worse off at the height of my but with fever from my self-induced bacterial infection from messing with plaque.

I hope the ultrasound does not detect anything with you, because if it does you are in a more advanced stage of disease. Your CBC would be very helpful to have.

As long as we know what happened, by having relevant and useful data, we can deduce where we erred, and where we did good. We can take remedial steps to deal with the fallout from mistakes made, and go back to what we originally set out to do. We should survive and become stronger for it.

yerrag

If we don't learn from it and leave the body worse off, it may in my case set the stage for me to sink into a state that invites cancer to take over, for the acid base imbalance from infection that is never resolved with make my slide into cancer an inevitability.

aliml

yerrag

bull**** Dr. Barrie Tan

Ben Greenfield on this alone loses credibility.

Look at Dr. Barrie's website and he conveniently omits to give references which he claims to be in the hundreds proving the superiority of tocotrienols.

He is just mudding up the waters regarding Vitamin E.

Today, I got the results of my CBC and ESR. Both look very terrible. My ESR is 26, way above standard of care upper limit of 15. And to think that before I began to mess with blood vessel plaque 3 years ago, it was an immaculate "0."
I heard Ray saying before that the body tries to wall-up and plaque/calcify certain bacteria to the walls of the tissues and probably maybe even parasites too. So, that's interesting. I'm sure that's what happens to me too.

Based on what you are saying certain when we try to remove the plaque/calcification or even energize/stim late certain tissue it will release these stuff back into the bloodstream.
Does the body again try to "wall" them off again or are they trying to kill them?
My eosinophils IA at 15%, which is way above the upper limit of 3%. Never has it been this high. I certainly released a lot of parasites hiding dormant within the plaque.This explains why my body wasn't able to restore its acid base balance. The eosinophils was spewing a lot of acids and ROS at the parasites to kill it, leaving a lot of acid for the body to try to mop up. And a lot of internal antioxidants are being used up to counter the oxidative stress of the ROS. Perhaps a lot of tissue damage is occurring, which would cause my ESR to be very high.
2 years ago I went to the "practitioner" who did something which I think was called "Live blood analysis" or something like that. He drew my blood and looked it under the microscope. This was 3 months after doing "Medical Medium diet".
He saw a lot of red blood cells "clumped together" and a lot of parasites too.
So this all makes sense.

Did you ever used ivermectin or thought of using it for parasites?
Lidocaine has some antibacterial properties and RP speaks highly of it.

"...patients with endophthalmitis were incubated with or without lidocaine. Lidocaine 2% demonstrated rapid bactericidal effects against all 3 organisms. After 10 minutes of exposure, there was approximately a 90% (P < 0.01), 95% (P < 0.001), and 92% (P < 0.001) reduction in colony forming units when compared with time 0 for Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Streptococcus viridans, respectively."

"E. coli was most susceptible, with bactericidal activity noted at all lidocaine concentrations. Lidocaine was bactericidal for P. aeruginosa at 2% and 4%, but 1% only slowed bacterial growth. Lidocaine at 4% was bactericidal for E. faecalis and S. aureus and mildly bacteriostatic at lower concentrations. The addition of epinephrine to lidocaine had no effect on its antibacterial properties. Methicillin-resistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecalis had a lidocaine antibacterial profile similar to the nonresistant bacteria. Antibacterial effects became apparent within the first two hours, but maximal effect took up to eight hours. The authors recommend using high lidocaine concentrations to maximize antibacterial effect."

Your CBC would be very helpful to have.
So something like ESR, RDW, eosinophil count would be useful?
Anything else?

yerrag

I heard Ray saying before that the body tries to wall-up and plaque/calcify certain bacteria to the walls of the tissues and probably maybe even parasites too. So, that's interesting. I'm sure that's what happens to me too.

Based on what you are saying certain when we try to remove the plaque/calcification or even energize/stim late certain tissue it will release these stuff back into the bloodstream.
Does the body again try to "wall" them off again or are they trying to kill them

Yes. it does.

Plaque is just the body sweeping the dirt under the rug. You don't deal with it now. But later, sepsis in old age. All the toxins and pathogens just comes out from all over your vascular network, and it overwhelms your defenses. Death is the result.

2 years ago I went to the "practitioner" who did something which I think was called "Live blood analysis" or something like that. He drew my blood and looked it under the microscope. This was 3 months after doing "Medical Medium diet".
He saw a lot of red blood cells "clumped together" and a lot of parasites too.
So this all makes sense.

Did you ever used ivermectin or thought of using it for parasites?
I'm using an Artemisia Annua alcohol extract now. It also works for parasites. Ivermectin may be worth trying though.

Lidocaine has some antibacterial properties and RP speaks highly of it.

"...patients with endophthalmitis were incubated with or without lidocaine. Lidocaine 2% demonstrated rapid bactericidal effects against all 3 organisms. After 10 minutes of exposure, there was approximately a 90% (P < 0.01), 95% (P < 0.001), and 92% (P < 0.001) reduction in colony forming units when compared with time 0 for Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Streptococcus viridans, respectively."

"E. coli was most susceptible, with bactericidal activity noted at all lidocaine concentrations. Lidocaine was bactericidal for P. aeruginosa at 2% and 4%, but 1% only slowed bacterial growth. Lidocaine at 4% was bactericidal for E. faecalis and S. aureus and mildly bacteriostatic at lower concentrations. The addition of epinephrine to lidocaine had no effect on its antibacterial properties. Methicillin-resistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecalis had a lidocaine antibacterial profile similar to the nonresistant bacteria. Antibacterial effects became apparent within the first two hours, but maximal effect took up to eight hours. The authors recommend using high lidocaine concentrations to maximize antibacterial effect."

How is this taken? I've only used it on dental visits. Can it be taken orally or IV. If it's IV. I would have to get a nurse to do it for me.

So something like ESR, RDW, eosinophil count would be useful?
Anything else?
The other wbc components such as neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes - would also be important. High neutrophils indicate usually high bacteria infection. But you have to interpret these values together.

Since I am concerned that my saliva pH has stayed acidic (at 5.5 pH). I felt that there's something wrong with my heart rate being high, ranging from 85 to 100. In my usual normal condition, I have been used to seeing my heart rate at 68. So, I feel that the acidic condition is impacting the efficiency of my heart is pumping blood. So today, I took out my recently bought portable ECG device, the Facelake FL20. I installed the windows software, and uploaded the measured ECG readings, and got the software to analyze and interpret the results. I was looking for the QTc value. What I got was a very high value of 533, which is very far from my usual 440 msec, which I would always get from doing an ECG at a diagnostics lab.

As a result of my acid base balance being so out of whack, I have become essentially hypothyroid.

So, I'm going to go back to breathing hours of carbogen as well as drinking bicarbonates. I'll probably go with making my own magnesium bicarbonate, and drinking it.

How is this taken? I've only used it on dental visits. Can it be taken orally or IV. If it's IV. I would have to get a nurse to do it for me.
Well you can use lidocaine crème and apply it topically for systemic effects.

Ray: "Years ago I swallowed a sip of 2% lidocaine gel, and within a few minutes felt something changing in my intestine, and from then on, without any more lidocaine, some of my bowel symptoms were gone."
Q: "Excellent! I just happen to have some on hand. Epigenetic?"
Ray: "I think that must be it, for the improvement to be so stable."

""Several of the local anesthetics including procaine and lidocaine, have cell-protecting action. Their anti-inflammatory or antihistamine function is probably caused by a more general cell-stabilizing effect. For example, lidocaine is used to prevent heart arrhythmia, and it can prevent tired heart cells from taking up too much calcium (which depletes cellular energy, in a deadly vicious circle). When taken orally at bedtime they act directly on the intestine (especially if there is inflammation anywhere in the intestine) to normalize its function, and even an occasional dose can have a long-lasting effect on the general health." (1991)"

Q: Is 50-100 mg safe to use every day?
RP: I think it's safe.

[LIDOCAINE IN CREAMS & GELS] “Some of the excipients could be harmful, some contain dangerous preservatives and emulsifiers.” “Ideally, lidocaine should be pure USP, in water."

Ray Peat on The Benefits of Lidocaine
Plaque is just the body sweeping the dirt under the rug. You don't deal with it now. But later, sepsis in old age. All the toxins and pathogens just comes out from all over your vascular network, and it overwhelms your defenses. Death is the result.
Besides Artemisia & Gamma VIT E what do you consider to be useful for killing off the pathogens?

Did you ever heard of Trevor Marshall theory of pathogens knocking down the Vitamin D receptor and therefore managing to survive the immune system?
He said that you should use angiotensin receptor II blocker to stimulate the VDR which will fight of the pathogens. Ray Peat has said similar thing.
ROOT CAUSE OF ALL INLAMMATION

Also:
Q: Hello Dr. Peat
What would you recommend to a 31 year old who developed atherosclerosis and aortic calcification?
In your book "generative energy" you mention something about sodium thiosulfate but I forgot what specifically.
I've heard it mentioned in several studies as a good option. Would you still think it's safe to use?
Would CO2 baths and magnesium bicarbonate for example be useful?
Also would you say lidocaine cream would be useful since you mentioned it has some calcium regulatory effect while also being anti inflammatory?
RP: CO2 does help, and magnesium bicarbonate probably does too.
Thiosulphate’s main value is as a fungicide. Lidocaine lotions have some systemic effects on calcium.

Jam

FWIW, and I'm not going to push this too hard given Peat's (IMO scandalously erroneous) views on iodine.

USE IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND HYPERLIPIDEMIA

Iodides were commonly used in the treatment of arteriosclerosis in the first half of this century. In their 1952 report[18], Drs. Brown and Page wrote: "Iodide is almost traditional in treatment of arteriosclerosis...Its modern use depends in part on the fact that iodide inhibits experimental hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis in rabbits." Drs. Fani and Weissman confirmed the previous reports as they studied various concentrations of iodide treatment in cholesterol-fed rabbits.[19] No animals on high iodide developed atheroma after 10 weeks. On the other hand, all the low iodide animals had advanced atherosclerotic damage, i.e.. proliferation of intima and media cells, fat droplets, degeneration of the elastic laminae and thickening of the wall of the aorta.

[18] Brown HB, Page IH: (1952) Circulation,5:647-656.
[19] Fani K, Weissman M: Inhibition of dietary atherosclerosis by iodide. (1970) Res Comm Chem Path and Pharm, 1:169-184.
[20] Abrahamson IA et al: Treatment of retinal arteriolosclerosis and hemorrhages. (1968) EENT Digest, July 48-63.
[21] Stern FH: The management of cerebral atherosclerosis. Psychosom. (1968) 9:228-34.

FWIW, and I'm not going to push this too hard given Peat's (IMO scandalously erroneous) views on iodine.

Iodides were commonly used in the treatment of arteriosclerosis in the first half of this century. In their 1952 report[18], Drs. Brown and Page wrote: "Iodide is almost traditional in treatment of arteriosclerosis...Its modern use depends in part on the fact that iodide inhibits experimental hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis in rabbits." Drs. Fani and Weissman confirmed the previous reports as they studied various concentrations of iodide treatment in cholesterol-fed rabbits.[19] No animals on high iodide developed atheroma after 10 weeks. On the other hand, all the low iodide animals had advanced atherosclerotic damage, i.e.. proliferation of intima and media cells, fat droplets, degeneration of the elastic laminae and thickening of the wall of the aorta.

That's very interesting since like 2 months ago I switched from iodized salt to pickling salt xd

Also I find Ray's stance on iodine very strange since he did say good stuff about iodide (not sure if it is the same thing as iodine) over the years:

RP: " Among the factors that probably have a role in preventing cataracts: Thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, vitamin E, iodide, pyruvate. Increasing the carbon dioxide lowers the cell’s pH, and tends to resist swelling. Palmitic acid (a saturated fat that can be synthesized by our tissues) is normally oxidized by the lens. Calcium blockers experimentally prevent cataracts, suggesting that magnesium and thyroid (which also act to exclude calcium from cells) would have the same effect."

RP: [ IODIDE ]: The sea cucumber has been used to study the physical properties of connective tissue, and it has been found that certain salts tend to soften the connective tissues, but that iodide doesn't. The well-established use of iodide to resolve granulomas, even when it doesn't eliminate the infectious agent, might suggest that it is protecting against something which is disrupting the connective tissue structure. The only publications I have seen that presented clear evidence of the disappearance of arteriosclerosis involved treatment with iodides. In the retina, blood vessels can be seen to return to their normal appearance following a course of iodide treatment. Besides its possible direct effects on the mucins, iodide might help to eliminate calcium from the walls of blood vessels, since calcium iodide is very soluble.

RP: Besides its possible direct effects on the mucins, iodide might help to eliminate calcium from the walls of blood vessels, since calcium iodide is very soluble.

RP: Endotoxin, produced by bacteria, mainly in the intestine, disrupts energy production, and promotes maladaptive inflammation. The wide spectrum of benefit that iodide has, especially in diseases with an inflammatory component, suggests first that it protects tissue by blocking free radical damage, but it also suggests the possibility that it might specifically protect against endotoxin.

RP: One of the best-known free radical scavenging substances that has been widely used as a drug is iodide. It has been used to treat asthma, parasites, syphilis, cancer, Graves’ disease, periodontal disease, and arteriosclerosis. Diseases that produce tissue overgrowth associated with inflammation--granulomas--have been treated with iodides, and although the iodide doesn’t necessarily kill the germ, it does help to break down and remove the granuloma. Leprosy and syphilis were among the diseases involving granulomas* that were treated in this way. In the case of tuberculosis, it has been suggested that iodides combine with unsaturated fatty acids which inhibit proteolytic enzymes, and thus allow for the removal of the abnormal tissue.

Last edited:

Jam

That's very interesting since like 2 months ago I switched from iodized salt to pickling salt xd

Also I find Ray's stance on iodine very strange since he did say good stuff about iodide (not sure if it is the same thing as iodine) over the years:

RP: " Among the factors that probably have a role in preventing cataracts: Thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, vitamin E, iodide, pyruvate. Increasing the carbon dioxide lowers the cell’s pH, and tends to resist swelling. Palmitic acid (a saturated fat that can be synthesized by our tissues) is normally oxidized by the lens. Calcium blockers experimentally prevent cataracts, suggesting that magnesium and thyroid (which also act to exclude calcium from cells) would have the same effect."

RP: [ IODIDE ]: The sea cucumber has been used to study the physical properties of connective tissue, and it has been found that certain salts tend to soften the connective tissues, but that iodide doesn't. The well-established use of iodide to resolve granulomas, even when it doesn't eliminate the infectious agent, might suggest that it is protecting against something which is disrupting the connective tissue structure. The only publications I have seen that presented clear evidence of the disappearance of arteriosclerosis involved treatment with iodides. In the retina, blood vessels can be seen to return to their normal appearance following a course of iodide treatment. Besides its possible direct effects on the mucins, iodide might help to eliminate calcium from the walls of blood vessels, since calcium iodide is very soluble.

RP: Besides its possible direct effects on the mucins, iodide might help to eliminate calcium from the walls of blood vessels, since calcium iodide is very soluble.

RP: Endotoxin, produced by bacteria, mainly in the intestine, disrupts energy production, and promotes maladaptive inflammation. The wide spectrum of benefit that iodide has, especially in diseases with an inflammatory component, suggests first that it protects tissue by blocking free radical damage, but it also suggests the possibility that it might specifically protect against endotoxin.

RP: One of the best-known free radical scavenging substances that has been widely used as a drug is iodide. It has been used to treat asthma, parasites, syphilis, cancer, Graves’ disease, periodontal disease, and arteriosclerosis. Diseases that produce tissue overgrowth associated with inflammation--granulomas--have been treated with iodides, and although the iodide doesn’t necessarily kill the germ, it does help to break down and remove the granuloma. Leprosy and syphilis were among the diseases involving granulomas* that were treated in this way. In the case of tuberculosis, it has been suggested that iodides combine with unsaturated fatty acids which inhibit proteolytic enzymes, and thus allow for the removal of the abnormal tissue.
Yes, indeed. And what little (there's no money in it) modern research has been performed outside of what Guy Abraham et al. have done validates such statements, for example:

Dr. B

do sea cucumbers contain lots of iodine/iodide? you can get supplements of them

i wonder if milk has some calcium iodide, it has both calcium and iodide

RP: "Very large doses of potassium iodide used to be used for certain inflammations or infections, but its effects haven’t been understood. The small amount of iodide added to salt has been reported in more than 70 studies to damage the thyroid gland, even increasing thyroid cancer."
3. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1998 Feb;89(2):105-9.
Induction of squamous cell carcinomas in the salivary glands of rats by potassium
iodide.
Takegawa K(1), Mitsumori K, Onodera H, Yasuhara K, Kitaura K, Shimo T, Takahashi
M.
(1)Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo.
In a 2-year carcinogenicity study of potassium iodide (KI) in F344/DuCrj rats,
squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) were observed in the salivary glands of 4/40
males and 3/40 females receiving 1000 ppm KI in the drinking water. Ductular
proliferation with lobular atrophy was observed at high incidence in the
submandibular glands of the high-dose animals, and squamous metaplasia was
frequently evident within the proliferative ductules and the larger interlobular
ducts. A transition from metaplasia to SCC was apparent. The results suggest that
squamous metaplasia in proliferative ductules, occurring secondarily to lobular
impairment induced by KI, may develop into SCCs via a non-genotoxic,
proliferation-dependent mechanism.

2. Endocrinology. 2000 Feb;141(2):598-605.
Iodide excess induces apoptosis in thyroid cells through a p53-independent
mechanism involving oxidative stress.
Vitale M(1), Di Matola T, D'Ascoli F, Salzano S, Bogazzi F, Fenzi G, Martino E,
Rossi G.
(1)Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Università
Federico II, Naples, Italy. [email protected]
Thyroid toxicity of iodide excess has been demonstrated in animals fed with an
iodide-rich diet; in vitro iodide is cytotoxic, inhibits cell growth, and induces
morphological changes in thyroid cells of some species. In this study, we
investigated the effect of iodide excess in an immortalized thyroid cell line
(TAD-2) in primary cultures of human thyroid cells and in cells of nonthyroid
origin. Iodide displayed a dose-dependent cytotoxicity in both TAD-2 and primary
thyroid cells, although at different concentrations, whereas it had no effect on
cells of nonthyroid origin. Thyroid cells treated with iodide excess underwent
apoptosis, as evidenced by morphological changes, plasma membrane
phosphatidylserine exposure, and DNA fragmentation. Apoptosis was unaffected by
protein synthesis inhibition, whereas inhibition of peroxidase enzymatic activity
by propylthiouracil completely blocked iodide cytotoxicity. During KI treatment,
reactive oxygen species were produced, and lipid peroxide levels increased
markedly. Inhibition of endogenous p53 activity did not affect the sensitivity of
TAD-2 cells to iodide, and Western blot analysis demonstrated that p53, Bcl-2,
Bcl-XL, and Bax protein expression did not change when cells were treated with
iodide. These data indicate that excess molecular iodide, generated by oxidation
of ionic iodine by endogenous peroxidases, induces apoptosis in thyroid cells
through a mechanism involving generation of free radicals. This type of apoptosis
is p53 independent, does not require protein synthesis, and is not induced by
modulation of Bcl-2, Bcl-XL, or Bax protein expression.

4. Toxicol Pathol. 1994 Jan-Feb;22(1):23-8.
Effects of a six-week exposure to excess iodide on thyroid glands of growing and
nongrowing male Fischer-344 rats.
Kanno J(1), Nemoto T, Kasuga T, Hayashi Y.
(1)Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental
University, Japan.
A 6-wk exposure to excess iodide intake (EII) via drinking water (260 mg
potassium iodide/L) demonstrated different effects on growing (4-wk old) and
nongrowing (45-wk old) male Fischer-344 rats. In growing rats, EII induced a
significant increase in thyroid weight, pituitary weight, serum
thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), and thyroxine (T4). The labeling index (LI) of
thyroid follicular cells was slightly increased, although not statistically
significant. Histologically, an increase in follicular cell height, an increase
in colloid accumulation, and evidence of colloid absorption were noted. The
effect of bovine TSH (bTSH) and protirelin tartrate (TRH-t) on LI was
significantly augmented by EII. In nongrowing rats, EII induced a significant
increase in thyroid weight and serum T4 but no increase in pituitary weight,
serum TSH, and the LI of follicular cells. Histologically, an increase in colloid
accumulation was found in small follicles. EII did not augment the effect of bTSH
and TRH-t on the LI of follicular cells. This study suggests that growing rats
are still susceptible to acute hypothyroidism even after 6 wk of continuous
exposure to excess iodide, whereas nongrowing rats are refractory within an
equivalent treatment period.

5. Food Chem Toxicol. 1984 Dec;22(12):963-70.
Developmental toxicity and psychotoxicity of potassium iodide in rats: a case for
the inclusion of behaviour in toxicological assessment.
Vorhees CV, Butcher RE, Brunner RL.
Potassium iodide (KI) was fed to male and female rats before and during breeding,
to females only during gestation and lactation, and to their offspring after
weaning (day 21 after birth) through to day 90, at levels of 0, 0.025, 0.05 or
0.1% (w/w) of the diet. Dams in a fifth group (positive controls) were given 4
mg/kg ip of the anti-mitotic/cytotoxic drug 5-azacytidine on day 17 of gestation.
All offspring were reared by their natural dams and were evaluated blind with
respect to treatment in a battery of standardized behavioural tests between 3 and
90 days of age. KI produced no significant reductions in parental body weight or
food consumption, though it significantly reduced litter size and increased
offspring mortality at the highest dose, and decreased weight gain at the two
highest doses throughout the first 90 days after birth. Functionally, KI delayed
auditory startle at the two highest doses, delayed olfactory orientation to the
home-cage scent at the middle dose and decreased female running-wheel activity at
all dose levels. In rats killed on day 90 after birth KI reduced brain and body
weight at a dose of 0.1% of the diet, and reduced body but not brain weight at a
dose of 0.05% of the diet. No significant effect was found on absolute or
relative thyroid weight at 90 days of age. Several additional behavioural effects
were observed in the low-dose KI group, but because these effects were not
dose-dependent, they were not regarded as reliable. 5-Azacytidine produced
evidence of substantially greater developmental toxicity than KI. It was
concluded that KI produced evidence of developmental toxicity consistent with a
picture of impaired thyroid function. The inclusion of tests of functional
development added useful evidence to the overall picture of KI developmental
toxicity.

6. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1980 Sep;66(3):177-8.
A time to abandon the use of iodides in the management of pulmonary diseases.
Hendeles L, Weinberger M.

7. Endocrinol Jpn. 1975 Oct;22(5):389-97.
The effect of iodide administration on hog thyroid gland and the composition of
thyroglobulin and 27-S iodoprotein.
Tarutani O, Kondo T, Horiguchi-Sho K.
The effect of excess iodide on hog thyroid gland has been examined with regard to
the change in the chemical composition of thyroglobulin and in the accumulation
of 27-S iodoprotein by the in vivo treatment of hogs with iodide for various
lengths of time. The iodine content of thyroglobulin was either unchanged by
short term administration of excess iodide, or somewhat lowered. However, the
iodine content as well as the total amount of thyroglobulin increased in the
glands enlarged by prolonged treatment with iodide. The iodine highest reached
1.17% of the protein on an average. On the other hand, 27-S iodoprotein decreased
and finally disappeared after the chronic treatment. Monoiodotyrosine and
diiodotyrosine increased in parallel with the increase in the iodine content
(0.15 to 1.17%) caused by the iodide treatment, while thyroxine increased but
reached a plateau at the level of three residues per mole of thyroglobulin, and
no change was observed even in the proteins with the higher iodine content than
0.75%. Proteolytic activity measured by amino acid release from the thyroid
protein was depressed by the chronic treatment. On the other hand, the amount of
iodocompound released by the autoproteolysis, which may reflect hormone
secretion, increased, possibly because of the marked increase in the iodine
content of thyroglobulin.

8. Am J Vet Res. 1973 Jan;34(1):65-70.
Experimentally induced iodide toxicosis in lambs.
McCauley EH, Linn JG, Goodrich RD.

9. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1966 Mar;8(2):185-92.
The toxicology of potassium and sodium iodates. 3. Acute and subacute oral
toxicity of potassium iodate in dogs.
Webster SH, Stohlman EF, Highman B.

10. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2013 Jul;51(6):521. doi: 10.3109/15563650.2013.804549. Epub
2013 May 23.
Regional centers: added value to poison center surveillance.
Durigon M, Kosatsky T.
Comment on
Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2013 Jan;51(1):41-6.

11. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014 Jul;38(1):332-40. doi:
10.1016/j.etap.2014.06.008. Epub 2014 Jun 27.
The effects and underlying mechanism of excessive iodide on excessive
fluoride-induced thyroid cytotoxicity.
Liu H(1), Zeng Q(2), Cui Y(2), Yu L(3), Zhao L(2), Hou C(2), Zhang S(4), Zhang
L(2), Fu G(2), Liu Y(3), Jiang C(4), Chen X(4), Wang A(5).
(1)Tianjin Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 6 Huayue Road, Hedong
District, Tianjin 300011, PR China; School of Public Health, Tianjin Medical
University, 22 Qi Xiang Tai Road, Heping District, Tianjin 300070, PR China.
Electronic address: [email protected].
(2)Tianjin Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 6 Huayue Road, Hedong
District, Tianjin 300011, PR China.
(3)School of Public Health, Tianjin Medical University, 22 Qi Xiang Tai Road,
Heping District, Tianjin 300070, PR China.
(4)Department of Environmental Health and MOE Key Lab of Environment and Health,
School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science
and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Hubei, Wuhan 430030, PR China.
(5)Department of Environmental Health and MOE Key Lab of Environment and Health,
School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science
and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Hubei, Wuhan 430030, PR China. Electronic
address: [email protected].
In many regions, excessive fluoride and excessive iodide coexist in groundwater,
which may lead to biphasic hazards to human thyroid. To explore fluoride-induced
thyroid cytotoxicity and the mechanism underlying the effects of excessive iodide
on fluoride-induced cytotoxicity, a thyroid cell line (Nthy-ori 3-1) was exposed
to excessive fluoride and/or excessive iodide. Cell viability, lactate
dehydrogenase (LDH) leakage, reactive oxygen species (ROS) formation, apoptosis,
and the expression levels of inositol-requiring enzyme 1 (IRE1) pathway-related
molecules were detected. Fluoride and/or iodide decreased cell viability and
increased LDH leakage and apoptosis. ROS, the expression levels of
glucose-regulated protein 78 (GRP78), IRE1, C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP), and
spliced X-box-binding protein-1 (sXBP-1) were enhanced by fluoride or the
combination of the two elements. Collectively, excessive fluoride and excessive
iodide have detrimental influences on human thyroid cells. Furthermore, an
antagonistic interaction between fluoride and excessive iodide exists, and
cytotoxicity may be related to IRE1 pathway-induced apoptosis.
Copyright © 2014. Published by Elsevier B.V.

12. Chemosphere. 2015 Feb;120:299-304. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2014.07.011. Epub
2014 Aug 24.
Toxicity of tetramethylammonium hydroxide to aquatic organisms and its
synergistic action with potassium iodide.
Mori IC(1), Arias-Barreiro CR(2), Koutsaftis A(2), Ogo A(2), Kawano T(3),
Yoshizuka K(3), Inayat-Hussain SH(4), Aoyama I(2).
(1)Institute of Plant Science and Resources, Okayama University, Kurashiki
710-0046, Japan. Electronic address: [email protected].
(2)Institute of Plant Science and Resources, Okayama University, Kurashiki
710-0046, Japan.
(3)School of International Environmental Science, The University of Kitakyushu,
Kitakyushu 808-0135, Japan.
(4)Faculty of Health Sciences, Univerisiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
The aquatic ecotoxicity of chemicals involved in the manufacturing process of
thin film transistor liquid crystal displays was assessed with a battery of four
selected acute toxicity bioassays. We focused on tetramethylammonium hydroxide
(TMAH, CAS No. 75-59-2), a widely utilized etchant. The toxicity of TMAH was low
when tested in the 72 h-algal growth inhibition test (Pseudokirchneriellia
subcapitata, EC50=360 mg L(-1)) and the Microtox® test (Vibrio fischeri, IC50=6.4
g L(-1)). In contrast, the 24h-microcrustacean immobilization and the 96 h-fish
mortality tests showed relatively higher toxicity (Daphnia magna, EC50=32 mg
L(-1) and Oryzias latipes, LC50=154 mg L(-1)). Isobologram and mixture toxicity
index analyses revealed apparent synergism of the mixture of TMAH and potassium
iodide when examined with the D. magna immobilization test. The synergistic
action was unique to iodide over other halide salts i.e. fluoride, chloride and
bromide. Quaternary ammonium ions with longer alkyl chains such as
tetraethylammonium and tetrabutylammonium were more toxic than TMAH in the D.
magna immobilization test.
Copyright © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

13. J Invest Dermatol. 1981 May;76(5):381-3.
Sterile cutaneous pustules: a manifestation of primary irritancy? Identification
of contact pustulogens.
Wahlberg JE, Maibach HI.
An animal model (the rabbit) was used to define which of 8 chemicals caused
pustule formation on topical application. Large occlusive chambers (diameter 12
mm), petrolatum as the vehicle and wrapping contributed to efficient occlusion
and pustulation. Sodium lauryl sulfate and mecuric chloride gave reproducible
results and clear dose-responses indicating that this pustulation is an
expression of primary irritancy. Ammonium fluoride pustulation was not
reproducible; croton oil pustules were more difficult to evaluate due to
simultaneous erythema and edema. Sodium arsentate, nickel sulfate and potassium
iodide pustules developed at sites where the skin barriers had been damaged by a
stab injury. Benzalkonium chloride caused yellow staining and edema but not
pustules. Because of lack of epidemiologic data, we do not know how frequently
similar findings occur in man.

Q: If I understand correctly you've changed your mind based on this new data?
Do you think supplementing thyroid while using iodide would prevent the damaging effect?
Ever since I stopped eating iodized salt (for 3 months now) and moving to pickled salt I think I've experienced more symptoms of calcification and hardening of the arteries and blood vessels than before. Would you say that it could be because of removing iodine?
Is iodide the same as Iodine or is it different and what would be the safest way to consume it if one decides to use it?
RP: The treatments generally involve local injection of large amounts into the tumor. Iodine is the oxidized form, iodide is the ionized form that appears in the presense of cysteine, vitamin C, and other reductants.

yerrag

Well you can use lidocaine crème and apply it topically for systemic effects.

Ray: "Years ago I swallowed a sip of 2% lidocaine gel, and within a few minutes felt something changing in my intestine, and from then on, without any more lidocaine, some of my bowel symptoms were gone."
Q: "Excellent! I just happen to have some on hand. Epigenetic?"
Ray: "I think that must be it, for the improvement to be so stable."

""Several of the local anesthetics including procaine and lidocaine, have cell-protecting action. Their anti-inflammatory or antihistamine function is probably caused by a more general cell-stabilizing effect. For example, lidocaine is used to prevent heart arrhythmia, and it can prevent tired heart cells from taking up too much calcium (which depletes cellular energy, in a deadly vicious circle). When taken orally at bedtime they act directly on the intestine (especially if there is inflammation anywhere in the intestine) to normalize its function, and even an occasional dose can have a long-lasting effect on the general health." (1991)"

Q: Is 50-100 mg safe to use every day?
RP: I think it's safe.

[LIDOCAINE IN CREAMS & GELS] “Some of the excipients could be harmful, some contain dangerous preservatives and emulsifiers.” “Ideally, lidocaine should be pure USP, in water."

Ray Peat on The Benefits of Lidocaine
This is very useful information. Thanks for putting it all together. I can give this a try and hope that the effect can be systemic, and not just be limited to the gut, when I take it orally. Often, Ray talks about the effect on the gut, as most substances he talks about are taken orally. But my experience taking substances has me experiencing systemic effects as well. I generally have no gut issues, and I haven't seen taking substances, even antibiotics, having negative effects on my gut either. So, I think that if the substance is not finding much use in the gut, enough must be left over to be absorbed into the blood stream, thru the small intestine, and even going thru the first pass of glucoronidation in the liver, enough is left of the substance to have a systemic effect.

Besides Artemisia & Gamma VIT E what do you consider to be useful for killing off the pathogens?

I think what I've successfully done lately, after my mistake of flooding my system with pathogens with injudicious use of systemic enzymes in a brute force attempt to lyse plaque, is to pass on to macrophages the task of killing these pathogens, mainly associated with the periodontal microbiome - fungi and bacteria, both exclusively anaerobic and facultative anaerobic gram negative, as well as catalase-positive gram positive - from neutrophils to macrophages. This was enabled by the use of Vitamin E predominantly of the gamma isomer, ,mixed with cyclodextrins. So there has been less neutrophil phagocytic activity, which tends to be very energy intensive as well as voracious in the use of my albumin stores in blood, as albumin is the primary antioxidant used in countering the spillover ROS arising from neutrophil-based phagocytosis.

This is evident in very much reduced spO2 drops (drops going to 80%) during my sleep, which shows reduced respiratory burst activity from phagocytosis, as respiratory burst activity is very oxygen intensive, using as much as 20x the oxygen needed :

Respiratory burst requires a 10 to 20 fold increase in oxygen consumption through NADPH oxidase (NOX2 in humans) activity. NADPH is the key substrate of NOX2, and bears reducing power. Glycogen breakdown is vital to produce NADPH. This occurs via the pentose phosphate pathway. Respiratory burst - Wikipedia

I also don't wake up 4x each night to urinate a full bladder of urinate anymore, since the redox of all the oxidative stress by my body's antioxidants, primarily albumin, is not needed anymore. So there is less water produced from the lower redox activity. I am also conserving and retaining more of my albumin, which helps to increase my blood volume, and with higher blood volume, I see my blood pressure becoming much lower as a result.

Even more important is that Gamma Vit E allows for the necrotic core of plaque to be successfully penetrated, such that the formidable wall of refuge for pathogens has been shattered, that the evasive activity of pathogens have been rendered ineffective. This allows for my immune cells - neutrophils, macrophages - to get a high kill ratio instead of having chronic failed attempts. Failed attempts lead to the immune system exerting more efforts in a futile attempt to kill bacteria, as more inflammatory cytokines are generated, leading to more inflammation and oxidative stress, with no significant results. It is like the Waterloo or being stuck in a hellish quagmire in the fog of war in Vietnam and in Afghanistan.

Since my killing spree of these pesky bacteria is just beginning, I wish bring in more ammo. I am considering using suppositories that contain clove oil, which is high in eugenol. The clove oil has to be part of an essential oil blend though, so I'd have to figure out that blend, and then I have to put that in a carrier that is suitable. The book I am basing my blending on however recommends cocoa butter and sesame oil, and since sesame oil is high in PUFA, I have to see if I can replace sesame oil with fully hydrogenated coconut oil.

I am considering using electromagnetic frequency, such as that of Royal Rife and of Hulda Clark, but that is another purchase and another technology. And hopefully I don't have to go that deep into it.

Currently, I have stopped using my Gamma E-Cyclodextrin Blend, as well as the accompanying 500mg of tetracycline, for the time being, in order to put any plaque lysing activity on hold. This should allow me to concentrate on the current level of infection in my system. I am just taking the artemisia annua alcohol extract, Tocovit, and aspirin. And then see how I hold up.

I may incorporate methylene blue if needed as long as I have not begun using the suppository with clove essential oil. MB and clove essential oil don't mix, because both are MAO inhibitors.

Did you ever heard of Trevor Marshall theory of pathogens knocking down the Vitamin D receptor and therefore managing to survive the immune system?
He said that you should use angiotensin receptor II blocker to stimulate the VDR which will fight of the pathogens. Ray Peat has said similar thing.
ROOT CAUSE OF ALL INLAMMATION
I honestly haven't been willing to go that deep into the Vitamin D receptor theory,

At my current state, I have not been too concerned with being deficient in Vitamin D, given that I get enough sunlight exposure and do spend time sunbathing to get enough vitamin D. While sunbathing isn't a regular part of my routine, I work in a patio that is exposed to indirect sunlight all throughout the day. I've never believed in vitamin D supplementation, and my state of blood sugar regulation, at optimal levels, leave me with no insulin excess that would interfere with the proper conversion of cholesterol to vitamin D in my skin. With enough calcium intake, I believe I don't even have to convert my D3 stores to calcitriol, which is a stress hormone.

Despite having very high blood pressure, I have not considered myself at risk for angiotensin II and its inflammatory consequences of lowering immunity. I believe my high blood pressure is merely the result of having lower blood volume, and that the RAAS is helpful in determining the blood pressure I need to give all my body's tissues and organs adequate perfusion so that I have sufficient delivery of nutrients as well as means for elimination of metabolic wastes through the circulatory system.

Q: Hello Dr. Peat
What would you recommend to a 31 year old who developed atherosclerosis and aortic calcification?
In your book "generative energy" you mention something about sodium thiosulfate but I forgot what specifically.
I've heard it mentioned in several studies as a good option. Would you still think it's safe to use?
Would CO2 baths and magnesium bicarbonate for example be useful?
Also would you say lidocaine cream would be useful since you mentioned it has some calcium regulatory effect while also being anti inflammatory?
RP: CO2 does help, and magnesium bicarbonate probably does too.
Thiosulphate’s main value is as a fungicide. Lidocaine lotions have some systemic effects on calcium.

I tried 2 hours of CO2 bathing. It hasn't given me any relief. At that time I was suffering cramps and joint pains that I attribute to an acid buildup in my system arising from the immune system fighting off bacteria and using acids to kill the bacteria.

Perhaps CO2 bathing is not meant for that application. Perhaps it requires multiple sessions of CO2 bathing to have an effect. I have to do multiple sessions to see if it can remove my keloids, which is a form of fibrosis that is cosmetic in nature.

I still have to make my magnesium bicarbonate. I really think it can help. It tastes better than baking soda also.

If thiosulphate is a fungicide, I ought to find a USP version of it. I have lots of sodium thiosulphate technical grade, as I use it to counter the chlorinated water I restock my koi pond with fresh water. I was also thinking of buying flower of sulphur, as I think it is fungi that is causing my eosinophils to be high.

yerrag

[18] Brown HB, Page IH: (1952) Circulation,5:647-656.
[19] Fani K, Weissman M: Inhibition of dietary atherosclerosis by iodide. (1970) Res Comm Chem Path and Pharm, 1:169-184.
[20] Abrahamson IA et al: Treatment of retinal arteriolosclerosis and hemorrhages. (1968) EENT Digest, July 48-63.
[21] Stern FH: The management of cerebral atherosclerosis. Psychosom. (1968) 9:228-34.

I'm not sure, but I've been taking the SSKI at 150mg/day that you recommended for a year now. I can't attribute it directly to helping me kill pathogens, but I believe it has been helpful in lessening the oxidative stress levels of phagocystosis, with HOI- being more gentle that HOCl- as a component of the ROS response needed to kill pathogens.

At any rate, it isn't causing me any thyroid issues. I have a well-balanced nutrition from eating a variety of foods, including internal organs, and fresh seafoods, a benefit of living in a tropical archipelago. I frequent the public markets and get to eat what's in season, and rarely buy imported fruits and vegetables and seafoods and meats. Local is fresher and more nutritious. So I don't have to worry about being short in selenium, which may cause me issues with thyroid.

As far as Peat and his stance on iodine, I think Peat knows not everyone is like you and me. Once Peat gives a slight nod to iodine, you will start to see threads come out of people asking for help about iodine overdosing. People have a tendency to megadose, even myself with systemic enzymes. Peat would rather err on the side of caution. He knows human nature too well.

yerrag

I am just taking the artemisia annua alcohol extract, Tocovit, and aspirin. And then see how I hold up.
@UG Krishnamurti I forgot to mention that in taking TocoVit of haidut, whih is rich is d-alpha tocopherol isomer, together with aspirin, I am focusing on alleviating the inflammation on the capillaries, which I think is suffering the brunt of the gunk released from the lysed plaque. This gunk accounts also for my thicker blood, which I noticed was very dark red when I was having blood drawn from me, and unlike previous instances, the phlebotomy this time left a bruise on the site where the blood was drawn. It was no surprise to me to see that my ESR had jumped so high.

It's also interesting that you mentioned earlier that you had a live blood examination, which I now realize implies that you are aware of pleomorphism and the effect of poor acid base balance on the development of forms of pathogens that are harmful. It may very well be that the thickness of my blood is an indication of the development of a diseased state as a result of high acidity in my system, in which pathogens become larger and would cause the rbc to clump up.

Not lost in all this is the need to help the body restore to a state of acid base balance. And this justifies my attempts to breathe carbogen in the past weeks when I saw very acidic urine and saliva in my tests. I just started taking magnesium bicarbonate as well.

It may not be surprising also that my CBC revealed I have a high eosinophil count, which indicates presence of parasites, more likely fungi, which develops out of a very acidic environment and which is very pathogenic.

Here is a nice article I just read on Gunther Ederlein and on pleomorphism:

@yerrag First of all, I want to say thank you for these amazing information and concise and almost poetic delivery. I've never heard someone explained these things in such a way. Almost leaving me feeling optimistic :)
So, I think that if the substance is not finding much use in the gut, enough must be left over to be absorbed into the blood stream, thru the small intestine, and even going thru the first pass of glucoronidation in the liver, enough is left of the substance to have a systemic effect.
I totally agree. I almost never had any benefit from taking oral supplement. For example just a month ago:
I was taking 45mg of K2 orally for month and a half ( for my VIT D - induced eczema/psoriasis and dry/flaky skin ) - NO EFFECT.

After 45 days of applying it orally I then applied 45mg of K2 on my intestine/stomach area - Almost immediate effect. After 2nd day eczema and dry/flaky scalp was gone.

It did end up causing more problems in the end (creating more clots, giving me chest and heart problems, which after all you've said, could be actually caused by using high doses of gamma VIT E for 45 days and K2 just ended up thickening/clotting my blood even further, because the pathogens were being constantly released from the plaque).

If true - that could finally explain what has happened to me and give me a bit of relief.
is to pass on to macrophages the task of killing these pathogens, mainly associated with the periodontal microbiome - fungi and bacteria, both exclusively anaerobic and facultative anaerobic gram negative, as well as catalase-positive gram positive - from neutrophils to macrophages.
For 3 years, every 2 months I've had to go to the dentist to remove the black plaque buildup on (all of my) teeth.
Dentists were amazed and shocked and so was I. They said it was probably bacterial.

I've cured the problem by using Listerine mouthwash every night for the first several months and than using it 1-2x a week.
But now I've started developing it again because I don't use it regularly.
So there has been less neutrophil phagocytic activity, which tends to be very energy intensive as well as voracious in the use of my albumin stores in blood, as albumin is the primary antioxidant used in countering the spillover ROS arising from neutrophil-based phagocytosis.
I was very interested in albumin since I got it low on my recent blood test. I think it was 19 if I remember correctly. After I shared my results with ray he said:
RP: "After a few weeks on the present fourth of a cynoplus you should notice an increase in your temperature and improvement of some symptoms. As your temperature rises, the TSH should get lower, and the albumin higher. Cholesterol might rise a little, which would be better. You are likely to need to increase the amount of cynoplus to get things normalized."

Well, let's just say it didn't helped xd

He also suggested that I should take D3 on my stomach to reduce inflammation:
RP: "Using a vitamin D supplement dissolved in pure olive oil should reduce inflammation in your intestine; it’s possible that excipients in pills irritate the inflamed membranes. Tightening and hardening of the skin suggests that your parathyroid hormone might be very high, and normalizing your vitamin D might remedy that. "

Oh boy he was wrong on this one :)

This is evident in very much reduced spO2 drops (drops going to 80%) during my sleep, which shows reduced respiratory burst activity from phagocytosis, as respiratory burst activity is very oxygen intensive, using as much as 20x the oxygen needed :
Yeah I have problems breathing fully and problem swallowing as well.
Progesterone helps me with this at bed time. Also getting under the covers for like 1h before bed to boost my CO2 works most of the time.
I am also conserving and retaining more of my albumin, which helps to increase my blood volume, and with higher blood volume, I see my blood pressure becoming much lower as a result.
Makes sense.
Even more important is that Gamma Vit E allows for the necrotic core of plaque to be successfully penetrated, such that the formidable wall of refuge for pathogens has been shattered, that the evasive activity of pathogens have been rendered ineffective. This allows for my immune cells - neutrophils, macrophages - to get a high kill ratio instead of having chronic failed attempts. Failed attempts lead to the immune system exerting more efforts in a futile attempt to kill bacteria, as more inflammatory cytokines are generated, leading to more inflammation and oxidative stress, with no significant results. It is like the Waterloo or being stuck in a hellish quagmire in the fog of war in Vietnam and in Afghanistan.
This paragraph was outstanding.
So removing the plaque = pathogens have nowhere to hide = being more easily destroyed by the system.
Amazing.

With enough calcium intake, I believe I don't even have to convert my D3 stores to calcitriol, which is a stress hormone.
"calcitriol, which is a stress hormone"?
Well, that could possibly explain my disastrous "mast cell activation" symptoms after using high doses D3.

Jesus Christ.
Despite having very high blood pressure, I have not considered myself at risk for angiotensin II and its inflammatory consequences of lowering immunity. I believe my high blood pressure is merely the result of having lower blood volume
This one totally makes sense too. Had similar experiences.
I tried 2 hours of CO2 bathing. It hasn't given me any relief.
How did you do it?
Ray has said:

Q: " I want to buy some CO2 tank to use either in the bathtub or in some plastic bag while I'm in it.

Although, I'm totally clueless as to how I should "transport" the CO2 from the tank to the tub or the bag.
Do I need some other device to be able to do it?"

RP: The tanks usually have a valve similar to a water faucet, and attaching a hose is convenient for directing the gas, but with a plastic bag, it can just be held against the nozzle. If you turn the valve carefully you can get a moderate stream, but about an eighth of a turn will fill a big bag in a few seconds. It’s extremely cold when it comes out, so you have to watch that you don’t freeze your fingers. Welding shops might have a hose that fits. Some gas specialty stores will try to sell you very expensive gauges and regulators that aren’t necessary. It’s good to understand the “gas laws,” the relation of pressure to temperature and volume.

I was also thinking of buying flower of sulphur, as I think it is fungi that is causing my eosinophils to be high.
I was planning on doing that for a long time - I just can't seems to find a pure source that could deliver to Serbia.
I forgot to mention that in taking TocoVit of haidut, whih is rich is d-alpha tocopherol isomer, together with aspirin, I am focusing on alleviating the inflammation on the capillaries, which I think is suffering the brunt of the gunk released from the lysed plaque.
Very good info.
My tinnitus seems to increase from aspirin and I seem to get strange feeling in my ileocolic valve [probably due to the tissue damage from the crohn's inflammation over the years and iron accumulation].

This gunk accounts also for my thicker blood, which I noticed was very dark red when I was having blood drawn from me, and unlike previous instances, the phlebotomy this time left a bruise on the site where the blood was drawn. It was no surprise to me to see that my ESR had jumped so high.

It's also interesting that you mentioned earlier that you had a live blood examination, which I now realize implies that you are aware of pleomorphism and the effect of poor acid base balance on the development of forms of pathogens that are harmful. It may very well be that the thickness of my blood is an indication of the development of a diseased state as a result of high acidity in my system, in which pathogens become larger and would cause the rbc to clump up.

Not lost in all this is the need to help the body restore to a state of acid base balance. And this justifies my attempts to breathe carbogen in the past weeks when I saw very acidic urine and saliva in my tests. I just started taking magnesium bicarbonate as well.
I'm totally unaware of pleomorphism I was doing it because my chiropractor demanded it for some reason. After the results he didn't want to do anything with me hahaha :)

Funny you speak about acid base balance (And I know nothing about it).
Because I felt at my worst when I was on a carnivore diet. Fatigued and basically brain dead. Felt my blood is thick and slow and I had no circulation and energy whatsoever.

After that I went on "Medical medium protocol" and most of my symptoms went away. Eating tones of raw fruits and raw green leafy vegetables left my stomach feeling better then ever before in my life haha - Which is probably due to the acid base balance.
Here is a nice article I just read on Gunther Ederlein and on pleomorphism
Will dive deep in a near future.

Thanks. Those information were priceless.
It somehow seems that we have similar underlying problems. Only I have probably some plaques, fibrosis and inflammation in my intestine besides other places :)

Keep me updated, when you find the time, please.

@yerrag

Have you ever heard of GcMAF:
Simple method for large-scale production of macrophage activating factor GcMAF

RP [TREATMENT FOR TONGUE CANCER]: "Besides large amounts of aspirin (grams per day), and vitamin K1 or K2 to prevent abnormal bleeding from the aspirin, I think I would use DCA (dichloroacetate), which is available from Canada on the internet (and forums describe its use), and maybe an enzyme related to vitamin D, called GCMAF, that activates the immune system."

THREAD: GcMAF Nagalase, Autism And Cancer Cure— What Is The Story

Dr. B

@yerrag

RP [TREATMENT FOR TONGUE CANCER]: "Besides large amounts of aspirin (grams per day), and vitamin K1 or K2 to prevent abnormal bleeding from the aspirin, I think I would use DCA (dichloroacetate), which is available from Canada on the internet (and forums describe its use), and maybe an enzyme related to vitamin D, called GCMAF, that activates the immune system."

"Both DCA and TCA are used for cosmetic treatments (such as chemical peels and tattoo removal) and as topical medication for the chemoablation of warts, including genital warts. It can kill normal cells as well."

isnt there an idealabs product with DCA

yerrag

@yerrag First of all, I want to say thank you for these amazing information and concise and almost poetic delivery. I've never heard someone explained these things in such a way. Almost leaving me feeling optimistic :)
Thank you!

I hope that you can learn to break down complexity into simple components, you can begin to understand them, and with that understanding nothing is going to be too complicated to explain nor to solve. I think that what our education system has given us is a wrong approach, which always leads to a dead end. It is a system set up to make us worship pied pipers who can lead us out of complexity. Yet they never do but lead us to fall off the cliff.

It did end up causing more problems in the end (creating more clots, giving me chest and heart problems, which after all you've said, could be actually caused by using high doses of gamma VIT E for 45 days and K2 just ended up thickening/clotting my blood even further, because the pathogens were being constantly released from the plaque).
Were you aware at that time that Vit E and Vit K are not to be taken together?

For 3 years, every 2 months I've had to go to the dentist to remove the black plaque buildup on (all of my) teeth.
Dentists were amazed and shocked and so was I. They said it was probably bacterial.

I've cured the problem by using Listerine mouthwash every night for the first several months and than using it 1-2x a week.
But now I've started developing it again because I don't use it regularly.
I wonder if that could have been molds. If so, your internal pathogenic load must be heavy. And your acid base balance may be so acidic that it favors the growth of fungus, even molds. During my latest episode of dealing with internal pathogens, I began to apply the principle of disease being caused by acid base imbalance. I have my Hydrion pH test strip to measure both my urine and saliva pH throughout the day. I was less concerned about my fever. I could see how greatly imbalanced I was, given that my saliva pH was so acidic that it was more acidic than my urine. This was not normal, and this was why I was experiencing cramps on my extremities. I breathed in a lot of carbogen, and I even took antibiotics to help the body reduced my pathogenic load. The acidity generated by the immune system was necessary to kill bacteria, but it also made my body a welcome terrain for more dangerous pathogen to take shape via pleomorphism. My job was to do all I can to reduce the acidity in my body, and breathing carbogen many hours a day helped a lot. Drinking mag bicarb would also help, but I didn't think of it early enough. so there were stretches where I had to suffer the cramps, the acid reflux, and the non-stop dry cough that made sleep difficult.

There is a vicious cycle at play that would keep your body acidic to make healing very difficult. All you had to do was to break that vicious cycle. Otherwise, the state of being diseased will just self-perpetuate. Modern medicine would be putting out one small fire after another, missing out on the critical steps, actions, and interventions that are critical to true healing.

I was very interested in albumin since I got it low on my recent blood test. I think it was 19 if I remember correctly. After I shared my results with ray he said:
RP: "After a few weeks on the present fourth of a cynoplus you should notice an increase in your temperature and improvement of some symptoms. As your temperature rises, the TSH should get lower, and the albumin higher. Cholesterol might rise a little, which would be better. You are likely to need to increase the amount of cynoplus to get things normalized."

Well, let's just say it didn't helped xd

He also suggested that I should take D3 on my stomach to reduce inflammation:
RP: "Using a vitamin D supplement dissolved in pure olive oil should reduce inflammation in your intestine; it’s possible that excipients in pills irritate the inflamed membranes. Tightening and hardening of the skin suggests that your parathyroid hormone might be very high, and normalizing your vitamin D might remedy that. "

Oh boy he was wrong on this one :)
Your albumin at 19? That is very low. Optimal range is 40-50.

You would likely have very low blood volume. A CBC would give me an idea of how bad it is without having to take an expensive test doctors use to determine how low one's blood volume is. If it's that low, there could be high oxidative stress, or the liver is dysfunctional and not producing enough albumin. That low, a metabolic solution as proposed by Ray Peat isn't one I'd agree with.

Yeah I have problems breathing fully and problem swallowing as well.
Describe your breathing problems.

Swallowing problems is worrisome. It could be nerve-related.

"calcitriol, which is a stress hormone"?
Well, that could possibly explain my disastrous "mast cell activation" symptoms after using high doses D3.
Ray said it is. I figure it makes sense if you consider that the inactive D3 has to be activated to become calcitriol, and the reason it is activated is because the PTH hormone is released because the body senses low calcium in the blood. Why was calcium low in the first place. It should never be if one takes in enough calcium in his eating lifestyle, and has enough vitamin D from sunshine.

How did you do it?
Ray has said:

Q: " I want to buy some CO2 tank to use either in the bathtub or in some plastic bag while I'm in it.

Although, I'm totally clueless as to how I should "transport" the CO2 from the tank to the tub or the bag.
Do I need some other device to be able to do it?"

RP: The tanks usually have a valve similar to a water faucet, and attaching a hose is convenient for directing the gas, but with a plastic bag, it can just be held against the nozzle. If you turn the valve carefully you can get a moderate stream, but about an eighth of a turn will fill a big bag in a few seconds. It’s extremely cold when it comes out, so you have to watch that you don’t freeze your fingers. Welding shops might have a hose that fits. Some gas specialty stores will try to sell you very expensive gauges and regulators that aren’t necessary. It’s good to understand the “gas laws,” the relation of pressure to temperature and volume.

I bought a CO2 bath from Carbogenetics 4 years ago. Then, he was a member in RPF. I only used it once, and it was just a week or two ago. I kept putting off trying it, but because of the bad state I was in this episode I'm coming out from, I had to try it. I had cramps, and was hoping it would be relieved. After 2 hours in the bath, my condition did not change.

I think expensive gauges and regulators are needed. I bought one, but it was used so I got it for about $40, but Steve, who sold me the bath, wanted to sell me better gauge and regulator. It would have cost me $140. but the design was such that CO2 could be released at a fast enough rate without the CO2 turning into dry ice, which would have happened with simple regulator valves. The regulator valve would end up being destroyed and needing replacement after a while, at which point one would have learned his lesson and would just buy the more costly but more suitable regulator valve.

I was planning on doing that for a long time - I just can't seems to find a pure source that could deliver to Serbia.
Doesn't US Amazon ship to Serbia?

@yerrag

I've come across it once, but the name alone sounds like I have to shell out big bucks for it.

Besides, usually research is made into these things because simple solutions have not worked. I believe simple solution are there, but not being studied nor considered because complexity is the name of the game, and complexity is profitable.

What the heck @yerrag I didn't see you posting this at all!
Oh my god so sorry dude.

I've done some blood work today and wanted to share it with you and saw you posted this long thread and I didn't even respond.
Feel so bad, so sorry friend.
It is a system set up to make us worship pied pipers who can lead us out of complexity. Yet they never do but lead us to fall off the cliff.
So true.
Were you aware at that time that Vit E and Vit K are not to be taken together?
I did. I was taking it 4h apart.
I wonder if that could have been molds. If so, your internal pathogenic load must be heavy. And your acid base balance may be so acidic that it favors the growth of fungus, even molds.
Oh my god I am renting a home and there are some mold in the house. For the past 2 years I'm living here.
The acidity generated by the immune system was necessary to kill bacteria, but it also made my body a welcome terrain for more dangerous pathogen to take shape via pleomorphism.
Makes so much sense.
Your albumin at 19? That is very low. Optimal range is 40-50.
My Albumin - 31,20 LOW [35-52] - that was 4 months ago I will measure a new one soon.
You would likely have very low blood volume.
I feel like that. I don;t know if that feeling are blood thinning effect or "low blood volume" but it is so strange.
Describe your breathing problems.

Swallowing problems is worrisome. It could be nerve-related.
Breathing problems in a context of not being able to breathe fully, chest pain etc.
Swallowing problems are resolved now for some reason.
Why was calcium low in the first place. It should never be if one takes in enough calcium in his eating lifestyle, and has enough vitamin D from sunshine.
My serum calcium was always in normal range I think.
Doesn't US Amazon ship to Serbia?
I would have to research this, I haven't found a way that work or not expensive.

My blood work today came back which could indicate some big problems I think:

I'm going to list some things which are out of balance:

P.S: VIT D, Hormones, Albumin etc are going to be done in the next few days...

IRON 7 [LOW]: 11.6 - 31.3
HDL 0.80 [LOW]: 1 - 1,90
Cholesterol: 4.7
LDL: 3.3 [GOOD]

CRP: 15,7 [HIGH]
LDH: 107 [LOW]: 125 - 220

Lymphocytes:18.8 [LOW]: 20 - 44
Platelets: 387 [HIGH]: 150 - 370

ESR: 14 [HIGH]: <10

Everything else is in range.

I feel very dizzy, weak, and feeling of very "thin blood" (same when I use some blood thinner like aspirin, VIT E, Thyroid, Progesterone etc]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals