Simple saline solution stops SARS-CoV-2...and maybe all viruses?

Ben.

Chelation can be hard on the kidneys. It isn't a fun thing to have to experience. Avoiding heavy metals in the first place is really important.

Ofcourse, sorry to have sidetracked the thread. Avoiding lead intake is good advice.

mostlylurking

In reality it's probably not a danger since this is a passive system that works on evaporation of moisture from the salt rocks but yes I think a more pure salt would be better.
It's really not a good idea to trifle with inhaling heavy metals.

RealNeat

It's really not a good idea to trifle with inhaling heavy metals.
Do you have proof that inhaling the air drafting over a salt rock can expose you to heavy metals? You're talking as if someone powdered lead and put it in an inhaler.

Makrosky

Just take a dip in the ocean and sniff some water in and out. Dave Asprey has this DIY nasal wash that's pretty simple to do with iodine.
View: https://youtu.be/dwJBBinb220

I think one should be careful when shooting disinfectants on the sinus. There lives beneficial flora like in the gut microbiota that can become unbalanced in favor of the pathogenic strains of bacteria/fungi.

mostlylurking

Do you have proof that inhaling the air drafting over a salt rock can expose you to heavy metals? You're talking as if someone powdered lead and put it in an inhaler.
Why do you need proof from me? Do you know how big the particles of lead, etc. are that are mixed in with the salt? When the salt dissolves, do you know how big the particles are in the residue? I don't either. I think avoidance is best. Clean pure salt is easily available for use.

RealNeat

Why do you need proof from me? Do you know how big the particles of lead, etc. are that are mixed in with the salt? When the salt dissolves, do you know how big the particles are in the residue? I don't either. I think avoidance is best. Clean pure salt is easily available for use.
The salt doesn't dissolve at any rate that would make it a danger, you get more lead from breathing the air around you and eating almost any food or supplement. As I figured your remarks are conjecture.

InChristAlone

Considering lead is unsafe in school drinking water fountains at just 1 part per BILLION it is a big deal when a salt has been known to contain lead. I regret consuming loads of the pink salt when I was pregnant with my second son. He has poor impulse control.

Here is a a blog post by the leadsafe Mama Tamara Rubin which goes over which salts are the safest choices: How much Lead is in salt? Which salt is safest to use for cooking? Is Himalayan salt safe?

What's interesting is that Mortons pickling salt came back as less than 2,000 ppb lead, we don't know if that means 10 ppb or 1,500 but if its 1,500 then that would be very bad. I have a feeling that they just standardized the answer and so it could be far less than 2,000 pbb.

mostlylurking

Considering lead is unsafe in school drinking water fountains at just 1 part per BILLION it is a big deal when a salt has been known to contain lead. I regret consuming loads of the pink salt when I was pregnant with my second son. He has poor impulse control.

Here is a a blog post by the leadsafe Mama Tamara Rubin which goes over which salts are the safest choices: How much Lead is in salt? Which salt is safest to use for cooking? Is Himalayan salt safe?

What's interesting is that Mortons pickling salt came back as less than 2,000 ppb lead, we don't know if that means 10 ppb or 1,500 but if its 1,500 then that would be very bad. I have a feeling that they just standardized the answer and so it could be far less than 2,000 pbb.
Thank you for this information!

RealNeat

Lead is an issue when eating salt, that is not what we were debating, and even still I mentioned that a cleaner salt would be safer. However there is no proof that simply breathing the air flowing over rock salt would cause this toxicity. Also I see absolutely no sources for her info.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Lead is an issue when eating salt, that is not what we were debating, and even still I mentioned that a cleaner salt would be safer. However there is no proof that simply breathing the air flowing over rock salt would cause this toxicity. Also I see absolutely no sources for her info.
I was a part of the FB group when they were compiling the information, the lady who did it emailed all of the manufacturers for the info. You could do the same but you'd likely get the same results. She also at least had some credentials after her name to look more like a professional when asking for the info.

RealNeat

I was a part of the FB group when they were compiling the information, the lady who did it emailed all of the manufacturers for the info. You could do the same but you'd likely get the same results. She also at least had some credentials after her name to look more like a professional when asking for the info.
I wish they would update it with what she promised as she had no problem linking all the salt to her amazon affiliate link but apparently couldn't even bother to put a single document from a single company...

"As such, all of the items in the list below are not yet linked to documentation supporting the Lead levels for that brand (confirming the numbers posted in the list below), but over the coming days and weeks I will research each one (as a follow-up to Gina’s work) and post any available data sheets for each product here on this blog, linking them to the statements below. Since Gina last updated this list in January of 2018, I will also update it with any new information as I find it (including product images and links to those products), so it is as current as possible. If you have reason to believe that any of the information noted below is incorrect, please let me know."

Until then it's important but unreliable.

RealNeat

I think one should be careful when shooting disinfectants on the sinus. There lives beneficial flora like in the gut microbiota that can become unbalanced in favor of the pathogenic strains of bacteria/fungi.
Unlikely with this dose, it's essentially like seawater which has both salt and iodine. That concern really applies to people with low circulation (cold nose, hands and feet) as their immune system is unable to regulate their tissues in areas of low blood flow and constriction, not to mention it's usually a sign of hypothyroidism.

If someone has something infecting their nostrils, like fungus or mold, this is safer, I'm not crazy about xylitol however and think it's over hyped when compared to the research.

InChristAlone

I wish they would update it with what she promised as she had no problem linking all the salt to her amazon affiliate link but apparently couldn't even bother to put a single document from a single company...

"As such, all of the items in the list below are not yet linked to documentation supporting the Lead levels for that brand (confirming the numbers posted in the list below), but over the coming days and weeks I will research each one (as a follow-up to Gina’s work) and post any available data sheets for each product here on this blog, linking them to the statements below. Since Gina last updated this list in January of 2018, I will also update it with any new information as I find it (including product images and links to those products), so it is as current as possible. If you have reason to believe that any of the information noted below is incorrect, please let me know."

Until then it's important but unreliable.
I agree that it's unreliable unless we see all of CoA's at the same time the company's may not have been wiling to sharing the documents, some wont even answer. And it is very expensive to do your own lab analysis on different salts.

InChristAlone

Tamara Rubin was bankrupted by the lead industry trying to destroy her name with crazy litigation. So yes she does use affiliate links.

I

i_nomad

For me the stomach irritation is only there when a large amount hits the stomach undiluted. I tried putting salt in gelatin capsules (1g/capsule) ,because I was tired of the taste and that definitely gave me nausea .
Now I just put a good amount in my mouth dissolve it in water by swishing around for a few secs and swallow it. That works.
The blood pressure increase only seems to be there for a short amount of time.

Salt was also the only thing that really worked for me for helping me adjust to high altitude, even better than acetazolamide.
I use sodium chloride, usp tablets. We have both 500mg and 1g. Seems to work best when taken with milk or food. Makes it easier than needing to salt everything (and still not getting enough).

mostlylurking

No information was included on how this gizmo works. Is water added? or not? No information was provided regarding the multiple iffy contents of the Himalayan salt: are the minute contaminate particles all encased in salt crystals (with none broken) or are the contaminate particles loose and free to float on the breeze? Inhaling heavy metals is the most toxic way to get them into the body; it is much more dangerous that swallowing them.

Here's a promo blurb from one of these gizmos sold on Amazon:
"HALOTHERAPY: Discovered 200 years ago, halotherapy may help ease breathing and support respiratory health. When you inhale through the mouthpiece, the passing moisture absorbs micron particles of the incredibly pure and mineral-laden Himalayan Pink Salt that filters through the entire respiratory system. (link) Amazon product ASIN B006U41QN0View: https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Therapy-Himalayan-Inhaler-Crystal/dp/B006U41QN0/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=qqfri&pf_rd_p=38316967-9a6c-4cf3-acd3-6269fd389669&pf_rd_r=J3BWVT56ZVYWD9Z5PRHH&pd_rd_r=c9fac7a8-d3cd-4bdd-829d-a611bdb6b004&pd_rd_wg=trWXw&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Let the buyer beware.

Last edited:

RealNeat

No information was included on how this gizmo works. Is water added? or not? No information was provided regarding the multiple iffy contents of the Himalayan salt: are the minute contaminate particles all encased in salt crystals (with none broken) or are the contaminate particles loose and free to float on the breeze? Inhaling heavy metals is the most toxic way to get them into the body; it is much more dangerous that swallowing them.

Here's a promo blurb from one of these gizmos sold on Amazon:
"HALOTHERAPY: Discovered 200 years ago, halotherapy may help ease breathing and support respiratory health. When you inhale through the mouthpiece, the passing moisture absorbs micron particles of the incredibly pure and mineral-laden Himalayan Pink Salt that filters through the entire respiratory system. (link) Amazon product ASIN B006U41QN0View: https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Therapy-Himalayan-Inhaler-Crystal/dp/B006U41QN0/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=qqfri&pf_rd_p=38316967-9a6c-4cf3-acd3-6269fd389669&pf_rd_r=J3BWVT56ZVYWD9Z5PRHH&pd_rd_r=c9fac7a8-d3cd-4bdd-829d-a611bdb6b004&pd_rd_wg=trWXw&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Let the buyer beware.
Then get a better one, I never said to buy this specific one, it's a ceramic device that just has rock sitting on the bottom of it. It can be approached in many different ways with many different types of salt.

you're literally arguing just for the sake of arguing. It's not like the thing is strapped to your face all day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals