Vitamin E 100-fold more potent than remdesivir for SARS-CoV-2 / coronaviruses

Dr. B

is that "ultimate" for thorne's Ultimate E? those numbers are available. what are the benefits to beta tocopherol? its just 1% in thorne. gamma is 40 to 45%, alpha 33.5%, delta 14 to 19%

c7a78b1267b0636ede13d9b601adfbe194ac80e0.png

yerrag

is that "ultimate" for thorne's Ultimate E? those numbers are available. what are the benefits to beta tocopherol? its just 1% in thorne. gamma is 40 to 45%, alpha 33.5%, delta 14 to 19%

Procaps Lab Ultimate Gamma Vit E by Andrew Lessman.

yerrag

I really don't know why you would ask this if it is very explicitly stated as "Ulimate Gamma."

Even a search through the search engines would give you an unambiguous answer:

Dr. B

yerrag

i thought it was two different things mate, i think ultimate e was mentioned earlier
they are two different things-

Thorne Ultimate E

Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E by Andrew Lessman of Procaps Laboratories

If I were referring to the first one, I would have no reason not to call it "Thorne Ultimate E"

But I suspect you wanted to mention that Thorne Ultimate E is also worth considering, and I agree.

Dr. B

they are two different things-

Thorne Ultimate E

Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E by Andrew Lessman of Procaps Laboratories

If I were referring to the first one, I would have no reason not to call it "Thorne Ultimate E"

But I suspect you wanted to mention that Thorne Ultimate E is also worth considering, and I agree.
oh yes sir, but it was mentioned before, i thought you were collecting details on the good soy free brands

yerrag

oh yes sir, but it was mentioned before, i thought you were collecting details on the good soy free brands

I would have made a point of saying so with the title or caption saying GOOD SOY FREE BRANDS, but it was only in your mind

B

Braveheart

Tocovit is good as well. Its main advantage over the others is that it contains policosanols. Its weak point is that it doesn't have plenty of gamma-tocopherol. I don't have the isomer distribution of Tocovit off-hand, but I know it to be rich in alpha-tocopherol but not particularly rich in gamma-tocopherol, as compared to unique-e, thorne's, and health natura's.

So it would depend on what you're looking for in the vitamin E. If you're looking for high antioxidant action primarily, a vitamin E that has plenty of alpha-tocopherol and low in gamma-tocopherol would be ideal, as the alpha isomer has the most antioxidant power, and the gamma has the lowest power. If you're like me who wants to lyse plaque that contains foam cells that contain plenty of oxidized LDL, you'd want to get a vitamin E with a lot of gamma-tocopherols.
Some of you could take high alpha one week and high gamma the next...alternate?

yerrag

Some of you could take high alpha one week and high gamma the next...alternate?

I'm having to read up on the Shute brother doctors Evan and Wilfrid from 50 yrs or so ago, and to update it with more recent studies, and then to filter out studies lacking rigor and honesty - so I can understand vitamin E in all its forms and what is the form appropriate for various conditions and appropriate dosing.

In low dosages, it is safe but effects cannot be truly felt. That is how I've used vitamin E till recently.

To use vitamin E for therapeutic purposes, it is difficult. I find it to be so effective in larger doses, but it can be a double-edged sword as in my case a pandora's box of pathogens and toxins and immune responses such as inflammation can be released thst can overwhelm the system.

I have to regularly check many markers to be ahead of what comes next.

B

Braveheart

I'm having to read up on the Shute brother doctors Evan and Wilfrid from 50 yrs or so ago, and to update it with more recent studies, and then to filter out studies lacking rigor and honesty - so I can understand vitamin E in all its forms and what is the form appropriate for various conditions and appropriate dosing.

In low dosages, it is safe but effects cannot be truly felt. That is how I've used vitamin E till recently.

To use vitamin E for therapeutic purposes, it is difficult. I find it to be so effective in larger doses, but it can be a double-edged sword as in my case a pandora's box of pathogens and toxins and immune responses such as inflammation can be released thst can overwhelm the system.

I have to regularly check many markers to be ahead of what comes next.
I look forward to your research and comments...it has got me studying too...re gamma this LE article is a good introduction...

yerrag

I look forward to your research and comments...it has got me studying too...re gamma this LE article is a good introduction...
You have the right idea though.

I'm currently using high gamma to lyse plaque composed of foam cells filled wth oxidized ldl. The lysing seemed to have potentiated my immune system's ability to really kill bacteria, instead of it keep on failing to knock out bacteria, with the bacterial colony's evasive maneuvers, which would keep my immune system in an endless loop of failed attempts, leading to high cytokine production and inflammation and chronic oxidative stress.

But along with that a lot of debri is released that seems to plug the very small blood vessels - capillaries. So, I would experience a huge drop in blood pressure, then the next day it goes back higher again. It can be very frustrating when I did not understand what was going on. That's why hypertension is very hard to overcome.

I have a mind to use high alpha vitamin E because it is also an effective anti-thrombolytic, so that could help clear the capillaries of the debri (although currently I am using potassium citrate to improve the rhiology of blood thru its zeta potential; this may be working as i slept so well last night and instead of 4 wakeups to urinate I only woke up once, which was pretty amazing).

Dr. B

where is the Life extension article posted?

You have the right idea though.

I'm currently using high gamma to lyse plaque composed of foam cells filled wth oxidized ldl. The lysing seemed to have potentiated my immune system's ability to really kill bacteria, instead of it keep on failing to knock out bacteria, with the bacterial colony's evasive maneuvers, which would keep my immune system in an endless loop of failed attempts, leading to high cytokine production and inflammation and chronic oxidative stress.

But along with that a lot of debri is released that seems to plug the very small blood vessels - capillaries. So, I would experience a huge drop in blood pressure, then the next day it goes back higher again. It can be very frustrating when I did not understand what was going on. That's why hypertension is very hard to overcome.

I have a mind to use high alpha vitamin E because it is also an effective anti-thrombolytic, so that could help clear the capillaries of the debri (although currently I am using potassium citrate to improve the rhiology of blood thru its zeta potential; this may be working as i slept so well last night and instead of 4 wakeups to urinate I only woke up once, which was pretty amazing).

potassium citrate? you dont get the corn reactions from that?

yerrag

where is the Life extension article posted?

potassium citrate? you dont get the corn reactions from that?
I don't. Like I said (but echoing Ray Peat), if you have good metabolism, you're not as quick or as sensitive to the many insults thrown at you day to day.

Dr. B

I don't. Like I said (but echoing Ray Peat), if you have good metabolism, you're not as quick or as sensitive to the many insults thrown at you day to day.
the good metabolism shouldnt it also resolve hypertension, or increasing metabolism should resolve it. did you post a LE article on gamma btw

yerrag

the good metabolism shouldnt it also resolve hypertension, or increasing metabolism should resolve it.
If you can explain that, I'm all ears.

B

Braveheart

Sorry guys...here it is

yerrag

the good metabolism shouldnt it also resolve hypertension, or increasing metabolism should resolve it. did you post a LE article on gamma btw
increasing metabolism shouldnt make you fly or leap tall buildings in a single bound either.

hypertension is an adaptation by the body to adapt to the cards you have somehow been dealt with and the cards you choose to throw away and the cards you draw. still you can't get a straight flush, could you?

with good metabolism you can cope well with the adaptation. I get 220/150 BP and I don't have headaches at all. I don't wear glasses and can both read small text and drive. I don't have gut issues. don't have any known allergy issues. I haven't had fever nor flu for 20 years already. I sneeze when my acid-balance condition turns acidic at times.

I attribute it to good metabolism. goes together with good sugar regulation and good acid-base balance.

I wonder why many here many issues but I think a lot here have been dealt a lot of bad cards being vaccinated many times over even without COVID. I just wish you can find a way to float over these, and the way to start is to improve your metabolism. I notice that most are distracted with taking substances and focusing too much on the trees than the forest. Keep the forest in balance and from that point on, you can start your nurseries to add the flora and fauna to make it your perfect forest.

Ell

tocopherol is not "vitamin E" ! LOL, sooo many people slander "Vitamin E." You can find the info, it is out there. But let me suggest that added ferrous iron in many fortified foods is capable of redox due to O2 in the air, and..... ferric iron destroys some of the best tocoquinone isomers at ppm levels. It is much the same way as sulfites destroy thiamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals