Vitamin E 100-fold more potent than remdesivir for SARS-CoV-2 / coronaviruses

yerrag

yerrag, thanks a lot for providing all this info. I have never tried Vitamin E on its own and would like to give it a try. For general health, androgenicity and lipid peroxidation protection. Would you recommend the unique-e then?
Yes. It's good value. It has a good distribution of the 4 natural isomers of tocopherol, and it does not come with PUFA solvents as carriers. It has more uses than simply as an antioxidant, for which the alpha isomer is valued for, at the expense of the other isomers. The gamma isomer is an electrophile, and it both prevents and removes plaque formed from oxidized LDL. When vitamin E was discovered, it was known as the fertility vitamin. Ray also speaks to its anti-estrogenic qualities, which big pharma has cancelled for a long time since big pharma sells estrogens as medicine.

Health Natura's vitamn E also intrigues me. It lists down all the isomers. Has ample alpha and gamma, and has significant amounts of delta. I haven't gotten much info on delta tocopherol, but it appears it also have similar qualities as the gamma isomer. Still looking for more info on it.

There are many conditions it treats, so dosage varies:

DoctorYourself.com - Vitamin E Treatment Protocol (this guideline though, is focused on taking just the alpha-tocopherol form. This was based then on the FDA only seeing the alpha tocopherol form as having any value then. I don't know if the FDA stance has changed since the 50s. Likely not).

Dr. B

Yes. It's good value. It has a good distribution of the 4 natural isomers of tocopherol, and it does not come with PUFA solvents as carriers. It has more uses than simply as an antioxidant, for which the alpha isomer is valued for, at the expense of the other isomers. The gamma isomer is an electrophile, and it both prevents and removes plaque formed from oxidized LDL. When vitamin E was discovered, it was known as the fertility vitamin. Ray also speaks to its anti-estrogenic qualities, which big pharma has cancelled for a long time since big pharma sells estrogens as medicine.

Health Natura's vitamn E also intrigues me. It lists down all the isomers. Has ample alpha and gamma, and has significant amounts of delta. I haven't gotten much info on delta tocopherol, but it appears it also have similar qualities as the gamma isomer. Still looking for more info on it.

DoctorYourself.com - Vitamin E Treatment Protocol (this guideline though, is focused on taking just the alpha-tocopherol form. This was based then on the FDA only seeing the alpha tocopherol form as having any value then. I don't know if the FDA stance has changed since the 50s. Likely not).
thornes ultimate E is also non gmo btw mate. its also molecularly distilled, considered soy free even though it originally came from soy

yerrag

It's good. From a value perspective, how much extra would I be willing to pay for your those differentiators?

Makrosky

Many thanks man. Really appreciated. I just checked the price of the unique e on iherb. 30 caps for less than 10 bucks. Quite ok.

Makrosky

@yerrag sorry to bother you again. I just saw your other thread about the books and don't want to derrail it so I'll post the question here.

I saw anothet user stating that she had problems using unique-e. I also read your posts about the Shutes.

Which makes me think... why not use haiduts tocovit? It is after all the closest one can get to the original, natural one used by the shutes. Isn't it?

yerrag

@yerrag sorry to bother you again. I just saw your other thread about the books and don't want to derrail it so I'll post the question here.

I saw anothet user stating that she had problems using unique-e. I also read your posts about the Shutes.

Which makes me think... why not use haiduts tocovit? It is after all the closest one can get to the original, natural one used by the shutes. Isn't it?
Tocovit is good as well. Its main advantage over the others is that it contains policosanols. Its weak point is that it doesn't have plenty of gamma-tocopherol. I don't have the isomer distribution of Tocovit off-hand, but I know it to be rich in alpha-tocopherol but not particularly rich in gamma-tocopherol, as compared to unique-e, thorne's, and health natura's.

So it would depend on what you're looking for in the vitamin E. If you're looking for high antioxidant action primarily, a vitamin E that has plenty of alpha-tocopherol and low in gamma-tocopherol would be ideal, as the alpha isomer has the most antioxidant power, and the gamma has the lowest power. If you're like me who wants to lyse plaque that contains foam cells that contain plenty of oxidized LDL, you'd want to get a vitamin E with a lot of gamma-tocopherols.

Jam

Makrosky

Tocovit is good as well. Its main advantage over the others is that it contains policosanols. Its weak point is that it doesn't have plenty of gamma-tocopherol. I don't have the isomer distribution of Tocovit off-hand, but I know it to be rich in alpha-tocopherol but not particularly rich in gamma-tocopherol, as compared to unique-e, thorne's, and health natura's.

So it would depend on what you're looking for in the vitamin E. If you're looking for high antioxidant action primarily, a vitamin E that has plenty of alpha-tocopherol and low in gamma-tocopherol would be ideal, as the alpha isomer has the most antioxidant power, and the gamma has the lowest power. If you're like me who wants to lyse plaque that contains foam cells that contain plenty of oxidized LDL, you'd want to get a vitamin E with a lot of gamma-tocopherols.
Understood. Thanks a lot again! Thanks @Jam for the breakdown of tocovit tocopherols.

yerrag

yerrag

1630106823719.png

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't have the isomer distribution of Tocovit off-hand, but I know it to be rich in alpha-tocopherol but not particularly rich in gamma-tocopherol

It has (depending on the batch) about 62%-65% of the alpha isomer, 18%-20% of the gamma isomer, 8%-10% of the delta isomer, and the rest is beta isomer.

yerrag

It has (depending on the batch) about 62%-65% of the alpha isomer, 18%-20% of the gamma isomer, 8%-10% of the delta isomer, and the rest is beta isomer.
Thank you.

Update:

1630194748365.png

fr@

@yerrag

Is the Omega-3 from Ultimate Gamma a concern?

I'm also not sure if they've changed their formulation, since now I'm not seeing the alpha-Linolenic Acid in their label.

yerrag

@yerrag

Is the Omega-3 from Ultimate Gamma a concern?

I'm also not sure if they've changed their formulation, since now I'm not seeing the alpha-Linolenic Acid in their label.
You must be looking at a different product. There is no omega3 in the Procaps Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E made by Andrew Lessman.

He has other Vitamin E products like the one with tocopherols and tocotrienols thst contain PUFA oils though. Be sure not to be get mixed up.

Last edited:

fr@

Ah, thanks!

So there's actually 2 of those:

- Gamma Vitamin E (w/ Omega-3s)
- Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E (w/o the PUFAs + different tocopherol ratios)

Mary Lyn

I asked Time where they obtained their source of E's and they said:

EVNolMax™​

Technical Datasheet | Supplied by ExcelVite
Tocopherol (and) Tocotrienols. EVNolMax™ by ExcelVite is a water dispersible natural full spectrum palm tocotrienol/tocopherol complex. It acts as an antioxidant. It is a non-GMO product and contains natural occuring mixture of alpha-, beta-, gamma, and delta-tocotrienols and tocopherol extracted and concentrated from virgin crude palm oil/ palm fruits (Elaeis guineensis). It also contains of other phytonutrients such as plant squalene, phytosterols, co-enzyme Q10 and mixed carotenoids that are naturally extracted together with tocotrienols from palm fruits, making it a natural and wholesome tocotrienol complex. EVNolMax™ is used in cosmetics & personal care products. Available in 15%, 20%, 30% concentrations.

I have however ordered from Grace till I am satisfied with the source.

yerrag

Ah, thanks!

So there's actually 2 of those:

- Gamma Vitamin E (w/ Omega-3s)
- Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E (w/o the PUFAs + different tocopherol ratios)

I should throw away my Chromebook. Too often I type "no" and it comes out without the "no" totally changing what I'm saying. Keeps happening I have to keep reviewing and editing what I write. OTOH, all keyboards these days are POS because everyone likes them thin after Steve Jobs made thin a thing. I long for those IBM tactile keyboards but there is no market for them. Look what happened to IBM's Thinkpads. They lost money and got sold to Lenovo.

Back to topic, you can also buy HealthNatura's product. While it has less gamma, it makes it up with the delta isomer. If what you're looking for in the Vitamin E is the ability to prevent plaque or to lyse plaque. But I'd add policosanols at the very least to it. It's a little more involved, but if you're interested in it, look at my posts in the Policosanols thread.

fr@

I should throw away my Chromebook. Too often I type "no" and it comes out without the "no" totally changing what I'm saying. Keeps happening I have to keep reviewing and editing what I write. OTOH, all keyboards these days are POS because everyone likes them thin after Steve Jobs made thin a thing. I long for those IBM tactile keyboards but there is no market for them. Look what happened to IBM's Thinkpads. They lost money and got sold to Lenovo.

Back to topic, you can also buy HealthNatura's product. While it has less gamma, it makes it up with the delta isomer. If what you're looking for in the Vitamin E is the ability to prevent plaque or to lyse plaque. But I'd add policosanols at the very least to it. It's a little more involved, but if you're interested in it, look at my posts in the Policosanols thread.
+1

I have no idea with the Chromebook though... haha.

At the moment, I'm still using Thorne's -- but I'll soon try out the Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E.

And about Policosanols, I'm already taking it when I saw your post about it.
At first I looked for Cholesterol Lowering supps from Examine's Supplement Guide PDF.
And little did I know that it also scrubs out PUFAs, which I saw here in RPF.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals