The Anti-aging Protein Klotho Induced By Gaba

tasfarelel

I have to reply to this 2.5 years old thread because the study showing that GABA therapy is inducing Klotho has an amazing detail that I would have never found otherwise:

They show in Fig. 2 that muscimol induced Klotho secretion to a similar extent as baclofen. Since many years, I am microdosing muscimol before sleep 1-2 times / week when I need to have a very deep sleep. It works great and it seems to not not induce tolerance. I was always interested to read more about any other effects muscimol could have (mainly on the brain), but research studies are scarce. Would be funny if it really increases Klotho expression :)

CoconutEffect

I have to reply to this 2.5 years old thread because the study showing that GABA therapy is inducing Klotho has an amazing detail that I would have never found otherwise:

They show in Fig. 2 that muscimol induced Klotho secretion to a similar extent as baclofen. Since many years, I am microdosing muscimol before sleep 1-2 times / week when I need to have a very deep sleep. It works great and it seems to not not induce tolerance. I was always interested to read more about any other effects muscimol could have (mainly on the brain), but research studies are scarce. Would be funny if it really increases Klotho expression :)
Same. Are you using the dried mushroom, tea extract or pure muscimol?

Alexanders

I’ve read that muscimol contain neurotoxic ibotenic acid.

CoconutEffect

From what I understand it was one study injected into the brains of rats. Akin to the MDMA studies declaring the same, but later revealed they were using methamphetamine.

tasfarelel

Same. Are you using the dried mushroom, tea extract or pure muscimol?
I am using dried mushrooms. 0.5g is enough to improve my sleep (while psychedelic effects would start at >10g).

Regarding the ibotenic acid content - at least in the orange variety I'm using (from Poland) there seems to be no ibotenic acid after drying. I'm not entirely sure, but one will feel the ibotenic acid when sweating heavily after ingestion of a larger dose. I had this with the red amanita.

CoconutEffect

Wow I get psycho active effects at 3gms, and that’s generally my nighttime sleep dose. I believe there is still some IBO in the dried mushrooms, simmering to a tea further decarboxylates the IBO into Muscimol.

For a full muscimol product, psyched wellness has one, first to the market.

tasfarelel

Sound good - I will try your method and make them to a tea.

One question - are you using the standard (deep) red type?
I'm asking because I've used differnent types in the past and one of them was giving me interestring/very entertaining dreams when dose high enough (while still below a psychedelic dose while awake). The orange type seems to not do this unfortunately.

Dr. B

These sounds mostly like allergic reactions. Unless you are taking multi-gram amounts in a single dose it should not have an effect on heart rate. Excess GABA gets converted to succinic acid, which is yet another beneficial substance Peat has spoken about.
Mate are there other substances and supplements which raise GABA… anything pro metabolic will do it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals