Proteolytic Enzymes vs Vitamin E - Reversing fibrosis and soft tissue calcification

Peatress

Most, if not all, cases of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis are caused by exposure to gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCA). Exposure occurs when the chemical element gadolinium is used to enhance images gathered in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis occurs in patients who have acute kidney injury (AKI), chronic kidney disease (CKD) or those on dialysis (ESRD). Additional patients at risk include those with diabetes mellitus, hypertension, kidney transplant, a single kidney or history of kidney surgery.

Z

Zsazsa

I hope to help by putting my own experience with enzymes here.

As a consequence of taking bromelain as a digestion aid, I developed bilateral inguinal hernias. I stopped it as soon as it begun to hurt, but both hernias are detectable via ultrasound (they are very small though). Glutamine and especially gelatin were very helpful to rebuild.

Serrapeptase caused a tiny piece of clot from spider veins in my calf to get loose and go to the kidney. I found Gotu Kola tea very effective for reversing necrosis and such with no observable side effects - I already dissolved necrosis from spider bites three times by drinking this tea. It is also a diuretic.

Peatress

I hope to help by putting my own experience with enzymes here.

As a consequence of taking bromelain as a digestion aid, I developed bilateral inguinal hernias. I stopped it as soon as it begun to hurt, but both hernias are detectable via ultrasound (they are very small though). Glutamine and especially gelatin were very helpful to rebuild.

Serrapeptase caused a tiny piece of clot from spider veins in my calf to get loose and go to the kidney. I found Gotu Kola tea very effective for reversing necrosis and such with no observable side effects - I already dissolved necrosis from spider bites three times by drinking this tea. It is also a diuretic.
Thank you for this. My experience with serrapeptase was not positive. I've read about Gotu Kola in the past I can't remember why I passed on it at the time - will investigate further.

arcadia11

Forum Supporter
I am trying to figure out how to reverse what feels like fibrosis on my scalp and back from injuries. I am magnetic and have a history of excess imaging (x-ray, ct, mri). I am also calcifying those areas. My blood pressure remains high. I believe if I don’t stop or reverse this process now I am going to have a heart attack or stroke. I have tried

Salt

Magnesium

Taurine

B vitamins including high dose B1 and B3

K1, K2

Vitamin D

Clove Oil

Herbs such as olive leaf

Vitamin E

Selenium

Progesterone

Pregnenolone

Continon/stressnon

Thyroid

Losartan/ Telmisartan

Peat mentions proteolytic enzymes a lot but he cautions against supplementing them.

Early in the century, unsaturated fats were found to inactivate the proteolytic enzymes that dissolve clots, and vitamin E was known, by the 1940s, to provide protection against the toxicity of the unsaturated fats (Ray Peat)

I had a reaction to serrapeptase 5 years ago after which my blood pressure was elevated. Recently I bought vitalzym but I’m too scared to use it. I have been using vitamin E instead to manage the scarring.

My other option is big pharma calcium channel blockers :-(
i'm a big fan of proteolytic enzymes and recommend them frequently to others. unfortunately, i can't take them right now. i don't know what symptoms you experienced but i discovered the hard way that you can't take them if you have
an ulcer. i had not taken any for a year or so then started up again about two
months after i had a bleeding ulcer. i tried two different brands and both
caused - one for three hours and the other for three days - very severe stomach
cramps, nausea and headache. as soon as the ulcer is completely healed i will be taking then again. is there a chance you have an ulcer?