Vitamin D3 and Calcification

InChristAlone

Yeah Matt, Morley, now even Josh Rubin they are all saying the same thing. Eat many ounces of liver per week and avoid D supplements. Atom is just super far out there and has his own niche. I don't follow any guru anymore. At first I was searching for the answer but have come to the conclusion that no one person has the ultimate nutrition truth. We have to listen to our own body. And also be mindful of ancient wisdom. No ancient people used as much liver as modern day humans. It was a super food for fertility. I believe D from the sun is safer, but I do know many have gotten their sleep back by using D, so it can be used wisely.

B

BRBsavinWorld

No I don‘t. Matt Blackburn aligned himself with Morley Robbins and Atom Bergstrom, which I don‘t recommend following. Morley vitamin A-heavy and copper-laden diet is not safe in my opinion. I disagree with Atom Bergstrom‘s philosophy on sugar being a super-food and PUFA the devil.

Right now I am experimenting with no fat soluble supplements.
I am not Atom Bergstrom, and I got the concept of Sugar being a super food, and pufa being the devil, from the guy this forum is named after (one caveat is that the diet of potassium and other nutrients must be higher, from foods like oysters, liver, and dairy).

I would suggest to people who are new here, and see all these disagreements and opinions, to just go read Ray’s articles.

PS, I take D3, and feel better when I do.

aniciete

Sure. I have a vitamin D of around 90 ng/ml at the moment and I want it a bit lower from now on, around 50ng/ml ideally.

I haven‘t seen benefits of that high vitamin D levels and my calcium tolerance is low at that level, so I want to pause for 2 months to let it drop to around 50ng/ml so that I can enjoy calcium-rich stuff in higher quantities. :)
Are you still doing a low VA diet? What other supplements are you taking? Personally, I think the only supplements I’ve taken that don’t have any drawbacks are magnesium and a b complex.

Nomane Euger

No I don‘t. Matt Blackburn aligned himself with Morley Robbins and Atom Bergstrom, which I don‘t recommend following. Morley vitamin A-heavy and copper-laden diet is not safe in my opinion. I disagree with Atom Bergstrom‘s philosophy on sugar being a super-food and PUFA the devil.

Right now I am experimenting with no fat soluble supplements.
"sugar being a super food",what does he refer to exactly by sugar

youngsinatra

Are you still doing a low VA diet? What other supplements are you taking? Personally, I think the only supplements I’ve taken that don’t have any drawbacks are magnesium and a b complex.
Yes will probably continue on a low vitamin A diet for 1-3 years until my vitamin A stores gets much reduced. Sadly it takes a long time to reduce stored retinyl esters in the liver.

I currently take magnesium, NAC and CDP-choline. Here and there B-vitamins.

Pedigree

Sure. I have a vitamin D of around 90 ng/ml at the moment and I want it a bit lower from now on, around 50ng/ml ideally.

I haven‘t seen benefits of that high vitamin D levels and my calcium tolerance is low at that level, so I want to pause for 2 months to let it drop to around 50ng/ml so that I can enjoy calcium-rich stuff in higher quantities. :)
do you know if you could still overdo vitamin D if you are not supplementing it but getting it from the sun? (of which I get a lot of)

tankasnowgod

And I say he should prove it, or at least list all his sources that are suggestive of this.

I've searched through various case studies involving Vitamin D and Hypercalcemia, and they all involved huge doses, often via intramuscular injection. Like, people would get get 600,000 IU intramuscularly injected every few weeks or months, and shortly develop hypercalcemia afterwards. Or, they take a dose of a few million IU. Or, take an oral dose of 100,000 IU every day for several months (or years) and then develop problems.

I don't think supplemental Vitamin D in the range of 0-20,000 IU a day has been shown to cause any sort of calcification problems. Especially if calcium intake is moderate, or even high, and if K2 is adequate and/or supplemented.

If Blackburn has papers showing that routine D supplementation can cause calcification (like something in the area of 1,000-10,000 IU a day), he should post the study so it can be analyzed.

Personally, I have been supplementing Vitamin D for over a decade, usually around 10,000 IU a day, but I have gone as high as 50,000 IU a day, based on some of the work of Jeff Bowles. I have had zero issues with soft tissue calcification, and if anything, it's probably lower than when I started (although I am a huge fan of K2 as well).

As far as elevated levels of 1,25(OH) leading to "bone loss," it's been shown that it's elevated in low calcium diets, along with PTH and Estrogen-

P

Peatness

do you know if you could still overdo vitamin D if you are not supplementing it but getting it from the sun? (of which I get a lot of)
Apparently the body has a mechanism of destorying extra vitamin D once you are replete.

InChristAlone

Yeah doesn't the sun actually start destroying the vitamin D the longer you are in the sun? Just like it does vitamin A. And other vitamins too.

Melk

I view Matt a bit like Kasey from Vegetable Police, they're both strange dudes on their own quests. I appreciate them willing to be so public about their various flip flops, but that also means I see them as jumping off points (at best) rather than authorities, esp with the lack of real references as noted above.

Listen to this:

View: https://youtu.be/lSG0nV2pVO4

And then this:

View: https://youtu.be/8ddT2oBn4iE

and free yourself of the burden of making life choices based on what Mr Blackburn says. He seems like a nice guy.

Melk

The last video reminds me of Roberta Grimes' ideas, regarding Christianity: Home - Roberta Grimes
It's been a while since I watched it, I remember him having a perfectly reasonable take. I was just struck by the dogmatism in the first one, followed by relaxing back into something that may be more authentic for him in the recanting.

Which I guess I'm interpreting as, in the case of conflicting views I'll stick with Danny, Georgi and Ray

I've always liked Christian Agnosticism, myself. What is a more humble, Christlike position to take, than that we are but little mortal men, and we don't really know what's going on.

lately , i have been having one milkshake a day - any kind ... starbucks fraps , mcdonalds carageenan wonders, home made , any ole shake and with that I take my vitamin d.- some how , it works for me better than taking D with K. why universe why ? why does my body not love vitamin k ? my body doesnt like milk but loves shakes and doesnt like D without the fat , sugar and dairy of my shake. i just ignore the calories . try it !

Amazoniac

And I say he should prove it, or at least list all his sources that are suggestive of this.

I've searched through various case studies involving Vitamin D and Hypercalcemia, and they all involved huge doses, often via intramuscular injection. Like, people would get get 600,000 IU intramuscularly injected every few weeks or months, and shortly develop hypercalcemia afterwards. Or, they take a dose of a few million IU. Or, take an oral dose of 100,000 IU every day for several months (or years) and then develop problems.

I don't think supplemental Vitamin D in the range of 0-20,000 IU a day has been shown to cause any sort of calcification problems. Especially if calcium intake is moderate, or even high, and if K2 is adequate and/or supplemented.

If Blackburn has papers showing that routine D supplementation can cause calcification (like something in the area of 1,000-10,000 IU a day), he should post the study so it can be analyzed.

Personally, I have been supplementing Vitamin D for over a decade, usually around 10,000 IU a day, but I have gone as high as 50,000 IU a day, based on some of the work of Jeff Bowles. I have had zero issues with soft tissue calcification, and if anything, it's probably lower than when I started (although I am a huge fan of K2 as well).

As far as elevated levels of 1,25(OH) leading to "bone loss," it's been shown that it's elevated in low calcium diets, along with PTH and Estrogen-

tanka, how did you search? I ask because venom D makes you feel great, being driven by 'let me confirm that it doesn't occur' will produce different results than 'has it ever been reported to occur?' or even 'there has to be some evidence for what I'm experiencing'.

- Severe hypercalcaemia syndrome with daily low-dose vitamin D supplementation

High killcium intake doesn't reliably lower killcitriol level in everyone, it's the combination with venom D that will particularly do harm in a few susceptible persons.

We'll have cases with undiagnosed conditions, extraordinary requirements for vitamin K2 with poor tolerance to supplementation, its compromised recycling, the suicidal doses of vitamin E, insufficient crapon dioxide production, killcium malabsorption that forces bone mobilization (and increasing the venom pool might be aggravating), inability to retain laxarium, impaired sulfur metabolism (glutathione, taurine and sulfate; all involved in killcium and venom D metabolism), defective protein synthesis (affecting binding proteins, enzymes, collagen for deposition), inadequate B-vitamins intake, and many other factors that can be off, leading to faulty handling of killcium, with it potentially ending up in the wrong places.

Venom D metabolites are signalling molecules, they're not the agents that move killcium in the body, they depend on other processes to be functioning properly for them to work. Feeling bad from venom D supplementation is not necessarily a killcium issue, yet we can't blame the guy for associating killci(di/tri)ol with killcium.

If you don't believe that adverse killcification can happen at lower doses and I assume that there's nothing abnormal in your blood tests, why do you take venom D with vitamin K2?