Matt Blackburn on

youngsinatra

He changed his mind on AA after chugging massive amounts of CLO.. interesting.

Vitamin C in high amounts can alleviate symptoms of vitamin A toxicity. Why else does someone require more than 300-600mg of vitamin C? No human eats that much from food sources. He tries to mitigate some toxicity from retinol or copper with that much AA.

youngsinatra

The guy „boblinville“ on instagram, a buddy of Matt and a MitoLife affiliate, had similar serum retinol levels like mine btw.

That guy also seems very unstable, manic and on the way to psychotic. Not to hate on them, but something fishy about those people around him too.

GreekDemiGod

He changed his mind on AA after chugging massive amounts of CLO.. interesting.

Vitamin C in high amounts can alleviate symptoms of vitamin A toxicity. Why else does someone require more than 300-600mg of vitamin C? No human eats that much from food sources. He tries to mitigate some toxicity from retinol or copper with that much AA.
It would be really interesting to see if he realises that his Morley Robbins based approach might be doing him damage.
That’ll be a tough pill to swallow.

Cloudhands

its one thing to change your mind all the time, thats no problem, but to be selling products and influencing people who listen to you while doing so is insane and makes you a charlatan.

Dobbler

He'll gulp down CLO and seed oils for a year or two and then curse them to the lowest hell. Very entertaining but very dangerous for followers..

GreekDemiGod

He'll gulp down CLO and seed oils for a year or two and then curse them to the lowest hell. Very entertaining but very dangerous for followers..
If I heard it correctly in one of his latest IG stories, he is soon going to start talking about the benefits of seed oils? and how PUFAs are not universally bad.

Dobbler

If I heard it correctly in one of his latest IG stories, he is soon going to start talking about the benefits of seed oils? and how PUFAs are not universally bad.
Yeah. Creditability gone, bye bye. After that he can't back down for a good 6 months to a year , and after that slowly come back to PUFAs being poison or find some middle ground where fatty composition don't matter at all, which might be somewhat true for some healthy MF or completely stress free rare case.

GreekDemiGod

65D7DCA6-207B-4F4D-818D-6F06BAE9E3BD.png

Cloudhands

i wonder how many people possibly died of viruses and other illnesses because they followed matt blackburns advice. Cant blame him but man, how do people give him any credibility at this point

InChristAlone

i wonder how many people possibly died of viruses and other illnesses because they followed matt blackburns advice. Cant blame him but man, how do people give him any credibility at this point
Why viruses?

Blackburn was recommending 3-4 oz of liver a day, that's why he needs ascorbic acid. But the Ray Peat community also recommended large doses of vitamin A and why I also need ascorbic acid. One practitioner named Zachariah Salazar was taking 100,000 IUs in the summer because that's what Ray sometimes needed. He ended up with failing kidneys. The alt health cults are the problem. Messing around with anything that can be toxic to the body is a recipe for disaster.

Inaut

Why viruses?

Blackburn was recommending 3-4 oz of liver a day, that's why he needs ascorbic acid. But the Ray Peat community also recommended large doses of vitamin A and why I also need ascorbic acid. One practitioner named Zachariah Salazar was taking 100,000 IUs in the summer because that's what Ray sometimes needed. He ended up with failing kidneys. The alt health cults are the problem. Messing around with anything that can be toxic to the body is a recipe for disaster.
well said :)

TheCalciumCad

People like to ***t on Blackburn but guys like Roddy are no better throwing antibiotics, aspirin, thyroid, coffee, vitamin D and youth steroids at everything while recommending eating liver every week based on some Ray Peat quote from 30years ago. All gurus are terrible not just Blackburn.

youngsinatra

Why viruses?

Exactly my train of thought.

He just compensates his vitamin A toxicity with ascorbic acid, vitamin E and now vitamin D plus he started eating beans after reading up on Karen Hurd to bind up his bile, that is presumably loaded with retinol.

He also loaded up on massive doses of copper for a few weeks due to his conversations with Jason Hommel, whose approach he also no longer follows, but to the contrary he is now taking 50-100mg of zinc at night.

He is just a waving flag follower of different gurus and not a creator of a novel idea / philosophy.
For a while it was Ray Peat, then Morley Robbins, now someone else…

Cloudhands

He just compensates his vitamin A toxicity with ascorbic acid, vitamin E and now vitamin D plus he started eating beans after reading up on Karen Hurd to bind up his bile, that is presumably loaded with retinol.

He also loaded up on massive doses of copper for a few weeks due to his conversations with Jason Hommel, whose approach he also no longer follows, but to the contrary he is now taking 50-100mg of zinc at night
He is just a waving flag follower of different gurus and not a creator of a novel idea / philosophy.
before that he followed nun amen ra and was a strict vegan who lifted heavy and only ate 1 meal a day, and he has the nerve to continuously call anyone who disagrees with with him a retard. Dude needs to take some acid and look in the mirror

InChristAlone

He also loaded up on massive doses of copper for a few weeks due to his conversations with Jason Hommel, whose approach he also no longer follows, but to the contrary he is now taking 50-100mg of zinc at night.

Does he read the ray peat forum?! Where was the Karen Hurd protocol being recommended besides Garrett Smith and here?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals