Magnesium of kale? Yes or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong: there is very little magnesium in raw kale leaves; therefore, in the boiled kale water there will also be little magnesium [perhaps something around 16 mg per 100 g of leaves]; in addition, we will have phytates and oxalates and the problem of bioavailability.
If so, kale would not be a good daily source of mg for a person with hypothyroidism.
The best source to me seems to be Magnoil [idealabs], I think. But what other source could we have, in the absence of Magnoil? Maybe magnesium glycinate?

Gânico

Ordinary peaty foods usually provides enough magnesium and salt helps retain it. The best magnesium sources are water from boiled greens and coffee, i think the latter would be the best because it's overall pro-thyroid effect, unlike the greens. A cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg according to Ray. If u really want to supplement it, glycinate.

jameske

Correct me if I'm wrong: there is very little magnesium in raw kale leaves; therefore, in the boiled kale water there will also be little magnesium [perhaps something around 16 mg per 100 g of leaves]; in addition, we will have phytates and oxalates and the problem of bioavailability.
If so, kale would not be a good daily source of mg for a person with hypothyroidism.
The best source to me seems to be Magnoil [idealabs], I think. But what other source could we have, in the absence of Magnoil? Maybe magnesium glycinate?
Make magnesium water.

-Luke-

There is a Slovenian mineral water called Donat. It has 1000mg of magnesium per liter, if I recall correctly. But I have no idea whether they export it and you can buy it in other countries.

OP
gilson d dantas
Ordinary peaty foods usually provides enough magnesium and salt helps retain it. The best magnesium sources are water from boiled greens and coffee, i think the latter would be the best because it's overall pro-thyroid effect, unlike the greens. A cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg according to Ray. If u really want to supplement it, glycinate.
Ordinary foods provides enough magnesiun IF you are not a hypothiroid person.
Cofffe has magnesium or niacinamide 40mg? And the water of boiled greens, kale for instance, what is the amount of magnesium? what is its biodisponibility? and the risks [oxalates]?

Gânico

Cofffe has magnesium or niacinamide 40mg?
Yeah, that's it, Ray talked about one cup of strong coffee having 40 mg of magnesium in an email exchange: "Dry instant coffee is close to 0.5% magnesium, so a cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg. I make strong drip coffee."

He didn't specified the quantity/biodisponibility of greens, he just said boiled greens/leaves water makes a very good magnesium supplement, i dont believe oxalates and other harmful compounds might pose a problem since you are drinking just the boiled water, although i think coffee might be a better choice overall.

OP
gilson d dantas
Yeah, that's it, Ray talked about one cup of strong coffee having 40 mg of magnesium in an email exchange: "Dry instant coffee is close to 0.5% magnesium, so a cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg. I make strong drip coffee."

He didn't specified the quantity/biodisponibility of greens, he just said boiled greens/leaves water makes a very good magnesium supplement, i dont believe oxalates and other harmful compounds might pose a problem since you are drinking just the boiled water, although i think coffee might be a better choice overall.
Yes, indeed. but we need to know if water of boiled kale leaves brings the magnesium we need daily.
Besides, I think that the oxalates are in the boiled water.

RealNeat

The darker green the vegetables are the more Mg they have. Kale has very low oxalic acid and you can put a pinch of baking soda in there to neutralize any. Combining cooked greens with sautéed onion, garlic yoghurt with a salted butter tomato sauce is my way of handling oxalates and the taste is delicious. I’m very sensitive to oxalates but I can eat well cooked spinach with the water no problem (with yoghurt). Utilize cooking and calcium and you shouldn’t have oxalates issues.

youngsinatra

There is a Slovenian mineral water called Donat. It has 1000mg of magnesium per liter, if I recall correctly. But I have no idea whether they export it and you can buy it in other countries.
Wow, that‘s crazy. It’s indeed 1000mg/L. Could find it on Amazon in Germany.

jameske

I don´t know magnesium water. Never heard about
Magnesium Hydroxide shaken in soda water. If you are serious about it, buy a soda stream and a couple of glass bottles for it and some magnesium hydroxide, or if less so try it by buying a large bottle of fizzy spring water, pour out some of it and add magnesium hydroxide to it at the amount you want and shake. I use a small enough amount so almost all of it reacts and goes into solution. Tastes fine, and I usually have with ginger cordial.

OP
gilson d dantas
Magnesium Hydroxide shaken in soda water. If you are serious about it, buy a soda stream and a couple of glass bottles for it and some magnesium hydroxide, or if less so try it by buying a large bottle of fizzy spring water, pour out some of it and add magnesium hydroxide to it at the amount you want and shake. I use a small enough amount so almost all of it reacts and goes into solution. Tastes fine, and I usually have with ginger cordial.
OK. No toxic issues with magnesium hydroxide?

76er

The liquid multi-mineral molasses is a great source of mag.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals