Without Dairy My Diet is Falling Apart - but is calcium harming me?

OP
T

Tilly-J

Liver daily is not a good idea. Vitamin A dose-dependently blocks Ach synthesis. If you have bad digestion and further block Ach this really makes it near impossible to recover. Try not having any liver. High dose vitamin A (7oz of liver weekly) is very bad for bone health as vitamin A promotes calcium loss regardless of the intake of other nutrients so considering you also have osteoporosis, I would recommend you not touch liver again.

I definitely recommend especially at first a B-complex, but one that you use orally. I dont really trust topical use. I do suppose you can consume energin orally as well but a pill is simpler imo. Nature's bounty has a good b complex called "Super B Complex" that has good amounts of Bs without being excessive like the B50's and B100's that are sold.

Its also important for those with digestive problems to get plenty of salt in the diet. Starch is a good vehicle for salt. Salt is also good for headaches generally.

Now that I take a second look I see you dont have a food you could add decent amounts of salt to. Low salt intake can also contribute to anxiety and it will 100% cause and exacerbate digestive problems. Do you consume salt somewhere else? If not your sodium intake is probably ridiculously low which is without a doubt a major contributor to your problems including your headaches.

Do jasmine rice and supplement Bs for now if thats what you need to eat properly. If you get more salt, supplement Bs your digestive should improve drastically and you should start tolerate foods better. You absolutely do not need to take 1g of B1 or even close to that. The one I recommended has 20mg of B1 which is more than enough. Taking insane amounts is unnecessary and will just give you new problems.

You do seem to have a decent amount of zinc from beef and milk in your diet and if you are increasing beef intake anymore it will provide more but if you not something later you can try is zinc supplementation since zinc is intimately involved in stomach acid secretions and other digestive processes. But I think you mainly need B-vitamins and way more salt in your diet to improve your digestion so zinc should not be supplemented right now.

If you have osteoporosis, you should supplement vitamin D3 especially considering your massive intake of vitamin A which you need to put a halt to immediately. This will allow you to absorb more calcium from your foods. You can supplement K2 if you want considering you dont actually have histamine issues after all but I would stick to near the RDA but you absolutely need vitamin D. Do you know your current vitamin D status?

You should probably reduce sugar intake but you shouldn't eliminate it.

It is good to routinely eat. I do the same for the most part. I eat every 5-6 hours during the day. Just find times that are good for you.
Thank you Redsun. Have just looked at liver on Cronometer. I didn't 't realise it was quite so high in vitamin A, in my niaivity. One ounce times 7 = about 182,294 ius per week. Oh dear, I hope I will be able to shift this in time, especially as you say it is very bad for bone health. I will keep on with just kidney.

I shall find a B-complex here in the UK which has levels similar to those in Nature's Bounty or try to get Nature's Bounty at Amazon. I note it includes folate and B12. I tested slightly high B12 (1414 ug/L) and normal folate (13.6 ug/L) just a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if I should find a B-complex without B12 and folate.

I add a little salt to my pineapple juice (total just under half teaspoon) and my ground beef tastes very salty. That is it. Would you be able to tell me what a good daily level of salt should be, please? I have often wondered and am afraid of using too much. I am encouraged to think that more might improve digestion.

My current vitamin D is 67 nmol/L. I have no idea how much vitamin D to take to begin balancing out my high vitamin A status and especially in the light of severe osteoporosis. Could you advise me please?

Kuinone is 2mg per drop. Is one drop every other day rubbed into my gums (oral health very bad from under-nutrition) still too much?

I have two more questions if you do not mind. My iron results are:
Serum 20 umol/L
Serum TIBC 64 umol/L
Percentage iron saturation 2 mm/h

Are these okay?

And please could you tell me how to read serum alkaline phosphatase in the light of osteoporosis? I could be very wrong, but I thought there was something significant here.

Once again, thank you.

Dr. B

Whey is not usually a triggering food but everyone's is different especially in regards to how we react to dairy.

Only D3 mainly affects histamine by increasing gaba and serotonin, antagonizing it. The others are kind of minor in their effect.

Depends on the quality of the steak and on the individual. Some steak is actually aged quite awhile before it gets on shelves. This would already increase histamine content. Depending on the person it may not be bad enough to trigger reactions.
didnt you say vitamin E is powerfully pro acetylcholine, would that increase histamine then

redsun

didnt you say vitamin E is powerfully pro acetylcholine, would that increase histamine then
Not necessarily. Its much more complicated then that. Its not necessarily going to trigger more histamine release when eating certain foods. Vitamin E increases adrenal hormones to some degree, which antagonizes histamine.

Dr. B

Thank you Redsun. Have just looked at liver on Cronometer. I didn't 't realise it was quite so high in vitamin A, in my niaivity. One ounce times 7 = about 182,294 ius per week. Oh dear, I hope I will be able to shift this in time, especially as you say it is very bad for bone health. I will keep on with just kidney.

I shall find a B-complex here in the UK which has levels similar to those in Nature's Bounty or try to get Nature's Bounty at Amazon. I note it includes folate and B12. I tested slightly high B12 (1414 ug/L) and normal folate (13.6 ug/L) just a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if I should find a B-complex without B12 and folate.

I add a little salt to my pineapple juice (total just under half teaspoon) and my ground beef tastes very salty. That is it. Would you be able to tell me what a good daily level of salt should be, please? I have often wondered and am afraid of using too much. I am encouraged to think that more might improve digestion.

My current vitamin D is 67 nmol/L. I have no idea how much vitamin D to take to begin balancing out my high vitamin A status and especially in the light of severe osteoporosis. Could you advise me please?

Kuinone is 2mg per drop. Is one drop every other day rubbed into my gums (oral health very bad from under-nutrition) still too much?

I have two more questions if you do not mind. My iron results are:
Serum 20 umol/L
Serum TIBC 64 umol/L
Percentage iron saturation 2 mm/h

Are these okay?

And please could you tell me how to read serum alkaline phosphatase in the light of osteoporosis? I could be very wrong, but I thought there was something significant here.

Once again, thank you.
that seems too high, it should be 5000IU vitamin A per ounce liver!

rayban

Plasma zinc. Methylmalonic acid test is usually ordered only after b12 in blood is shown to be normal. Could be folate as well especially if your diet is not high in folate or you had a history of low folate intake. So that should be tested.

Hans has a good article on his website in regards to testing iron status:

Your gums do look somewhat pale. But more likely as long as you dont consume dairy everytime you eat iron sources you need B-vitamins and probably folate. What is your daily folate intake?
How do you measure folate in a test? I have not counted how much folate there is in my diet.
How to measure everything accurately? each b vitamin. I dont want to supplement before knowing if I even need it. I would be surprised my diet lacks micronutrients or vitamins to the point its a problem.