Confusion on ratios of vitamins A, K1/2 and D

wiggles92

All my other bases are covered, with the bulk of calories coming from-

Skimmed milk, well-cooked potatoes (baked for more resistant starch, an interesting topic not really discussed here), decent amount of coffee, sugar, orange juice, few bits of tropical fruits, approx. 25 oysters a week, egg fried rice, mushrooms, some spring onions. Usually a few bits of chicken breast in a hot meal. And ~3-7 tablespoons of gelatin in coffee etc. Little bit of coconut oil. And usually some flash boiled spinach, then drink the nutrition from that. It would be interesting to get some data on the spinach juice nutrition, as it's been claimed that this leaches the minerals and vitamins from the leaves without releasing the irritating oxalates etc. That's a smaller question, but if anyone knows I'd be interested.

Really it's very high carb (with quite an emphasis on resistant starch), moderate protein, and less than 20g of fat. In part I've reduced fat because of slow weight gain as soon as I combine with carbs. And then on the other hand the milk and fruit really have most of the important nutrients. Also looking at traditional healthy cultures and after reading Mingers 'in defence of low fat' it seems to make the most sense, as long as you can get hold of the vits and minerals etc without the fat.

But, this leaves me with a few substances that I'm not getting much of. I'm looking to eat beef or lamb liver in particular for the vitamin a. I also live in the fairly dark and gloomy part of the world, and work means there are times I'm not really getting any sun exposure, in particular during these winter months. This doesn't seem optimal, so I'm looking to supplement D3. It doesn't "feel" optimal either (I'm craving a hot sunny holiday).

Then there's magnesium, which I'll be getting some of, but I still feel like there's no harm in taking quite a high dose. And finally there's vitamin k2, which I had previously been getting a certain amount of from cheeses and butter.

There looks to be a known synergy between k2, d3 and a. D3 works like a steroid, improving overall performance of the body, but with the risk of throwing lots of calcium in places you don't want it, with it's associated health risks. K2 activates pathways that then push the calcium to where it should optimally end up. Vitamin A seems to help moderate quite specifically the effects of D3. And then magnesium just seems to moderate everything to some degree, so that's why I'm considering that supplement.

I'm looking at taking-

LE Super K- 1mg k1, 1mg mk-4, 0.2mg mk-7. (1 a day)
10,000 IU vitamin D (1 every 2 days)
1250 mg magnesium malate (1 a day)
Liver, unknown quantity.

So my question, to those with better understanding than myself, is do you see any problems with those dosages? Learning and changing nutrition clearly can have quite profound effects on overall health. But you have to get it right, and then generally you can stop thinking about it so intensively and just get on with life. I'm looking for optimal lifelong nutrition (aren't we all?) but at the same time, I want to optimise, not irritate. With supplements this can be problematic.

Some say vitamin D can be dangerous, others say not at all. Further others say you must balance it with vitamin A. How much liver should I be eating weekly to balance out the 5000 iu of vitamin d daily dosage?

And do you think the super K dosage is sufficient, or indeed too much for once a day?

Sorry for the long post but like I say, I'm interested in optimal nutrition for high performance and sound health, not to just talk about nutrition for nutritions sake. I felt explaining all the above would give you the information you need to give me the answers I'm looking for, rather than more questions and discussion. Not that I'm unhappy with discussion. Just you need to supply the right info and ask the right questions to get the right answers.

Anyway I'm rambling now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals