Without Dairy My Diet is Falling Apart - but is calcium harming me?

Tilly-J

I am only a beginner here so please excuse me if my questions and comments are very mundane and the answers to them very obvious. I am again seeking help. Thank you for reading me.

This is my daily diet:

7.45:
50 mls pineapple juice (small amount of salt)
120 g mango
1 large egg (raw yoke, cooked white)
360 mls goat's milk with 1/2 tsp sugar

Repeat of breakfast with 25 g raw honey added

1.00:
200 g cooked apple with lots of sugar
100 g ground beef (most of fat skimmed off)
300 mls goat's milk
15-20 g raw honey
25 g white chocolate

4.00:
50 mls pineapple juice
300 goat's milk

6.30:
1 large pear
Carrot salad
40 g feta cheese
1 oz liver
15-20 g raw honey
350 mls goat's milk
25 g white chocolate

350 mls goat's milk
Trying to introduce 40 g oats to help me sleep better

I take Kuinone 1 drop every other day.
I find magnesium carbonate and magnesium glycinate to be constipating, which seems wrong.

I think I have heard/read Ray Peat say things along these lines (I am just paraphrasing as best I can):

'When cells are excited, stressed or de-energised, they lose magnesium and potassium and take up sodium and calcium. The mitochondria can bind a certain amount of calcium during stress, but accumulating calcium can reach a point at which it inactivates the mitochondria forcing cells to increase inefficient glycolytic energy production, producing an excess of lactic acid. Abnormal calcification begins in the mitochondria'.

And also:
'Prolonged excitation and stress contribute to tissue inflammation and fibrosis'

And also:

'If you have low carbon dioxide, milk has too much calcium relative to magnesium and too much coper relative to zinc. However, if you have high carbon dioxide, then milk becomes the ideal food'.

I understand that parasthesia is a sign of hypercalcaemia. I have quite bad peripheral neuropathy.

I have histamine issues so choosing protein sources from meat and fish is very problematic and milk and cheese have formed the greater part of my protein intake and I like them very much.

Without any doubt, I live in a body which is excited, stressed and de-energised to a massive and health-destroying degree. I experience muscles taut with lactic acid, muscle cramps, tightness in my chest and palpitations and shortness of breath. I am running on cortisol and adrenaline.

Should I stop eating dairy today? I do very badly on starch (re SIBO) and have high oxalate levels so potatoes are probably not a good idea.

I am very eating-disordered so making any dietary changes is challenging, but if you think that continuing to eat dairy is a dangerous thing to do, I shall stop. In fact, I stopped this morning but already I am very hungry and exceedingly anxious and panicked without my usual dietary regime. And I wondering with fear how much I have already damaged myself by consuming easily 2500 mg calcium on a daily basis. (I do have severe osteoporosis)

I am so confused: it seems to me that a diet of milk and OJ (which is so appealing to me) is only really advocated for someone in very good metabolic health, but so many of us come here because we are in very poor metabolic health.

I should be so grateful for any advice, direction, reassurance. Thank you.

JamesGatz

I do think serotonin from what you are eating is the main issue here - serotonin definitely interferes with calcium deposition - based on my responses to what you are eating currently - I would try and experiment with this to see if you feel better:

- I would get rid of the pears and apples and replace it with other fruit - the pectin fiber in these fruits is very serotonin-triggering for me at least - maybe try ripe watermelon, pulp-free orange/tangerine juice, and raw pineapple - no matter if I cook them or different methods of preparation they are fruits my body has never reacted well to and shoots up my serotonin quiet a bit

- I would try to replace pineapple juice with raw, ripe pineapple - pineapple juice is good but the actual pineapple is quiet useful in reducing endotoxin/gut serotonin for me - if you get stomach ache's from raw pineapple try eating more gelatin to keep the gut lining repaired and drinking with a little coffee

-I would ease up on the large amounts of honey and after you eat the honey - I would chase it with the insoluble fiber (such as pineapple) and coffee to keep things moving - I find honey to be great for metabolic boost but it does also seem to increase gut serotonin quiet a bit if I'm eating it alone especially and leads to moments of panic if I don't chase it with something to help me relax

- Other than that, I would say to ensure the cheese you are buying doesn't have bothersome enzymes (aged cheeses like parmigiano reggiano tend to have good ingredients - only animal rennet and salt) - if you see enzymes in the ingredient list I think this is bad news for your serotonin

-

OP
T

Tilly-J

Thank you James. Because I am relatively new here, I would never had made the connections you have pointed out for me and which have influenced your eating patterns. I should like to follow your suggestions fully except it is winter here in the UK and fruit (ripe or otherwise) is very hard to get. Which is why I had resorted to the autumn harvest fruits of apples and pears. I do already have a little pineapple juice in my diet, but pineapple fruit would be much better, I am sure, since the juice is from a carton.

Fortunately, I can easily get cheese with no other unwanted ingredients.

I know we all here have to find our own way, step-by-step. Perhaps you have been in a very bad place yourself. I hope you are in a better one now. It is just that when one is so down, it is hard to be patient and keep above one darn thing after another!

Thank you for your time.

rayban

I do think serotonin from what you are eating is the main issue here - serotonin definitely interferes with calcium deposition - based on my responses to what you are eating currently - I would try and experiment with this to see if you feel better:

- I would get rid of the pears and apples and replace it with other fruit - the pectin fiber in these fruits is very serotonin-triggering for me at least - maybe try ripe watermelon, pulp-free orange/tangerine juice, and raw pineapple - no matter if I cook them or different methods of preparation they are fruits my body has never reacted well to and shoots up my serotonin quiet a bit

- I would try to replace pineapple juice with raw, ripe pineapple - pineapple juice is good but the actual pineapple is quiet useful in reducing endotoxin/gut serotonin for me - if you get stomach ache's from raw pineapple try eating more gelatin to keep the gut lining repaired and drinking with a little coffee

-I would ease up on the large amounts of honey and after you eat the honey - I would chase it with the insoluble fiber (such as pineapple) and coffee to keep things moving - I find honey to be great for metabolic boost but it does also seem to increase gut serotonin quiet a bit if I'm eating it alone especially and leads to moments of panic if I don't chase it with something to help me relax

- Other than that, I would say to ensure the cheese you are buying doesn't have bothersome enzymes (aged cheeses like parmigiano reggiano tend to have good ingredients - only animal rennet and salt) - if you see enzymes in the ingredient list I think this is bad news for your serotonin

-
How are you or OP measuring histamine or serotonin? do you get a bloodwork after eating? or you are just guessing?

OP
T

Tilly-J

How are you or OP measuring histamine or serotonin? do you get a bloodwork after eating? or you are just guessing?
I can only speak for histamine. I am not sure that there is a reliable test for histamine. I know there are others on this forum who can speak much more than I can about histamine. Experience is my teacher. For sure, after eating oysters, cod, seafood of any sort and many meats and citrus fruits, I experience quite severe headaches. Often these start to build up quite quickly, but sometimes I can get away without any reactions for a few hours, which means I am tempted then to eat or drink a little more of any one of these foods (because they are recommended on this site!). As you probably know, individuals often have a histamine threshold over which symptoms display themselves often quite severely. I then pay for my stupidity of not listening to my body and have to wait 24-36 hours for headaches to dissipate. So frustrating when foods with so many other potential benefits seem to be denied me.

hmm. what are you vit d levels like ? if i ate all that fruit and juice etc my histamine would be going crazy. as you know , if you add dairy to potatoes it off sets the oxalates. i find it pretty hard to believe that you have headaches after all meat and fish / seafood. seems to me that you need more dairy , add eggs , add meat in the same meal as dairy ( meat /potato with sour cream , fruit juice or mexican coke with it ) and i am not sure why you are eating so often ? unless you are an athlete and running or something ? i would not be surprised if the way you are eating is causing blood sugar issues and thus headaches.

rayban

I can only speak for histamine. I am not sure that there is a reliable test for histamine. I know there are others on this forum who can speak much more than I can about histamine. Experience is my teacher. For sure, after eating oysters, cod, seafood of any sort and many meats and citrus fruits, I experience quite severe headaches. Often these start to build up quite quickly, but sometimes I can get away without any reactions for a few hours, which means I am tempted then to eat or drink a little more of any one of these foods (because they are recommended on this site!). As you probably know, individuals often have a histamine threshold over which symptoms display themselves often quite severely. I then pay for my stupidity of not listening to my body and have to wait 24-36 hours for headaches to dissipate. So frustrating when foods with so many other potential benefits seem to be denied me.
Try histamine and dao enzyme 72 hours urine test as well as blood test.

redsun

I am only a beginner here so please excuse me if my questions and comments are very mundane and the answers to them very obvious. I am again seeking help. Thank you for reading me.

This is my daily diet:

7.45:
50 mls pineapple juice (small amount of salt)
120 g mango
1 large egg (raw yoke, cooked white)
360 mls goat's milk with 1/2 tsp sugar

Repeat of breakfast with 25 g raw honey added

1.00:
200 g cooked apple with lots of sugar
100 g ground beef (most of fat skimmed off)
300 mls goat's milk
15-20 g raw honey
25 g white chocolate

4.00:
50 mls pineapple juice
300 goat's milk

6.30:
1 large pear
Carrot salad
40 g feta cheese
1 oz liver
15-20 g raw honey
350 mls goat's milk
25 g white chocolate

350 mls goat's milk
Trying to introduce 40 g oats to help me sleep better

I take Kuinone 1 drop every other day.
I find magnesium carbonate and magnesium glycinate to be constipating, which seems wrong.

I think I have heard/read Ray Peat say things along these lines (I am just paraphrasing as best I can):

'When cells are excited, stressed or de-energised, they lose magnesium and potassium and take up sodium and calcium. The mitochondria can bind a certain amount of calcium during stress, but accumulating calcium can reach a point at which it inactivates the mitochondria forcing cells to increase inefficient glycolytic energy production, producing an excess of lactic acid. Abnormal calcification begins in the mitochondria'.

And also:
'Prolonged excitation and stress contribute to tissue inflammation and fibrosis'

And also:

'If you have low carbon dioxide, milk has too much calcium relative to magnesium and too much coper relative to zinc. However, if you have high carbon dioxide, then milk becomes the ideal food'.

I understand that parasthesia is a sign of hypercalcaemia. I have quite bad peripheral neuropathy.

I have histamine issues so choosing protein sources from meat and fish is very problematic and milk and cheese have formed the greater part of my protein intake and I like them very much.

Without any doubt, I live in a body which is excited, stressed and de-energised to a massive and health-destroying degree. I experience muscles taut with lactic acid, muscle cramps, tightness in my chest and palpitations and shortness of breath. I am running on cortisol and adrenaline.

Should I stop eating dairy today? I do very badly on starch (re SIBO) and have high oxalate levels so potatoes are probably not a good idea.

I am very eating-disordered so making any dietary changes is challenging, but if you think that continuing to eat dairy is a dangerous thing to do, I shall stop. In fact, I stopped this morning but already I am very hungry and exceedingly anxious and panicked without my usual dietary regime. And I wondering with fear how much I have already damaged myself by consuming easily 2500 mg calcium on a daily basis. (I do have severe osteoporosis)

I am so confused: it seems to me that a diet of milk and OJ (which is so appealing to me) is only really advocated for someone in very good metabolic health, but so many of us come here because we are in very poor metabolic health.

I should be so grateful for any advice, direction, reassurance. Thank you.

You need to have meat in your diet that is your problem. You barely have any and seem to rely too much on dairy for protein. 3 servings of dairy is more than enough and no calcium is not dangerous. You should stop Kuinone. K2 has anti-calcium effects and thus bad for histamine. You need land meat (not seafood, bad for histamine) that is as fresh as possible. Steaks should be avoided (high in histamine) but chicken breast, thighs, legs, ground beef or ground lamb is good. Any kind of meat that is unprocessed and not old is good. It needs to be refrigerated properly and not kept too long as histamine builds up.

Same goes for dairy. The cheese you eat should not be aged and should be fresher types like mozzarella.

You are eating way too many empty sugary foods and no starch. This may reduce B1 status which promotes your anxiety. There is not a single food you just mentioned that is a good source of B1 and you have many sources of carbohydrates which entirely lack B1. B1 is necessary to produce acetylcholine, a calming neurotransmitter and which is potently anti-anxiety. When you eat too many carbs that are poor B1 sources or have none at all, your B1 status will be basically at a near deficiency state and this will mess you up big time.

Starch like in rice and potatoes contains some nutrients and are the least offending for histamine. And they are actually good sources of B1 as well. I know you are new to RPF so you hopped on the no starch train like everyone else does when they first get here. But it is a very clean food if you eat the right ones and avoided fortified flour products which are high in folic acid which is irritating for those with high histamine.

If whole grains are not hard on your stomach they dont have fortified vitamins so that's also a good option. But if you actually have high histamine you should be able to digest basically anything really well which makes me doubtful that you are considering the only symptom you mention is headaches. Do you have other symptoms? The fact that you mentioned SIBO tells me maybe your histamine is not the problem but it could be because you lack B1, reducing acetylcholine and thus impairing digestion.

Dr. B

-
a lot of honeys are low quality i think it was like the third or second most faked food after olive oil iirc... certain honeys, even organic, cause digestive upset and diarrhea seemingly, but others especially the ones with the more creamy texture instead of pure liquid, seem to not cause digestive distress! the liquid ones are often heated!

even rennet in cheese ingredients list could often mean vegetable rennet... it is cheaper than animal rennet too
im not sure if vegetable rennet is different or just the same thing as enzymes/microbial enzymes?

aniciete

You need to have meat in your diet that is your problem. You barely have any and seem to rely too much on dairy for protein. 3 servings of dairy is more than enough and no calcium is not dangerous. You should stop Kuinone. K2 has anti-calcium effects and thus bad for histamine. You need land meat (not seafood, bad for histamine) that is as fresh as possible. Steaks should be avoided (high in histamine) but chicken breast, thighs, legs, ground beef or ground lamb is good. Any kind of meat that is unprocessed and not old is good. It needs to be refrigerated properly and not kept too long as histamine builds up.

Same goes for dairy. The cheese you eat should not be aged and should be fresher types like mozzarella.

You are eating way too many empty sugary foods and no starch. This may reduce B1 status which promotes your anxiety. There is not a single food you just mentioned that is a good source of B1 and you have many sources of carbohydrates which entirely lack B1. B1 is necessary to produce acetylcholine, a calming neurotransmitter and which is potently anti-anxiety. When you eat too many carbs that are poor B1 sources or have none at all, your B1 status will be basically at a near deficiency state and this will mess you up big time.

Starch like in rice and potatoes contains some nutrients and are the least offending for histamine. And they are actually good sources of B1 as well. I know you are new to RPF so you hopped on the no starch train like everyone else does when they first get here. But it is a very clean food if you eat the right ones and avoided fortified flour products which are high in folic acid which is irritating for those with high histamine.

If whole grains are not hard on your stomach they dont have fortified vitamins so that's also a good option. But if you actually have high histamine you should be able to digest basically anything really well which makes me doubtful that you are considering the only symptom you mention is headaches. Do you have other symptoms? The fact that you mentioned SIBO tells me maybe your histamine is not the problem but it could be because you lack B1, reducing acetylcholine and thus impairing digestion.
What do you think should be eaten to get adequate k2?

redsun

What do you think should be eaten to get adequate k2?
Fermented foods. But in regards to the needs of vitamin K, we do produce it in the gut and K1 can be converted to K2. I don't think its good to take high doses of K2 at least many have gotten some side effects (some wanted or unwanted) from high doses like increased skull growth/bone growth, hair loss, anxiety... Normal doses of K2 around the RDA is likely not harmful.

rayban

Fermented foods. But in regards to the needs of vitamin K, we do produce it in the gut and K1 can be converted to K2. I don't think its good to take high doses of K2 at least many have gotten some side effects (some wanted or unwanted) from high doses like increased skull growth/bone growth, hair loss, anxiety... Normal doses of K2 around the RDA is likely not harmful.
Dont want to derrail thread but any idea what could be causing this in my tongue? its been happening for months. I've had the white coating for as long as I can remember but these white lines that become red and white and eventually clean have been happening since summer. It starts as a small dot or line and grows and then cleans. At some point I had a very bad flare, then it got better and stabilized. Now I get these spots, sometimes itches a bit. I have a bald spot on the tongue where it lacks papillae. Papillae become swollen on the right side were the white lines mostly appera too, they appear on the border of the tongue too as you can see, and on the upper left side, its where I had the first flare which had a nasty bulbeous thing, which cleared and left that bald spot. Sometimes I notice changes daily. Dr said geographical tongue, told to me get an appointment to remove my plaque buildup which is pretty nasty because I let it go (I was going to go before the pandemic). I wonder if this is related. Hoping once cleaned the tongue improves. Here are pics of the tongue daily since october and below pics of the teeth

View: https://imgur.com/a/wCXXwLn

View: https://imgur.com/a/BTdgXoj

Do you reckon I have plaque below the gums? he mentioned the gums are a bit inflammed. I guess I will need xray to see whats under the gums. I hoping the cleaning improves the tongue and its not a gut issue.

OP
T

Tilly-J

Oh! Thank you for your information and advice. What a muddle I have got myself in! So wish I had your wealth of information. Even though it will be a little difficult to implement, I shall do my best.

I thought because I have quite bad SIBO, starch was not a good idea. I thought I had read Ray Peat saying that where fruit and juice is available, it would be the preferred choice. So confusing. But, of course, I do now see that I am simply not getting any B1. Thank you especially for explaining that B1 is necessary to produce calming acetylcholine.

You do not mention the use of supplements to raise B1 status and I think I might have read you say elsewhere that you are not in favour of supplementing B vitamins in general (I am sorry if I am attributing this to you wrongly). Whilst I should prefer not to, I do wonder if, in my depleted state from years of under-eating, I should persevere and try to reach the gram level of B1, supported by a general B complex (Energin or something else)? I do eat one ounce of liver daily. I shall from today raise my lunch time ground beef to 150g and take another 150g serving at my evening meal, headaches permitting. Someone else here has spoken to me of possible Beriberi, which my doctor dismissed, of course.

Perhaps I do indeed not have a histamine issue at all, as you suggest. I certainly do not have a robust digestive system. Well-soaked and long-cooked oats are not good and simply cause intestinal congestion with my very slow transit time. Jasmine rice is the easiest for me, but this will not provide the much-needed B1 either, of course. Potatoes are high in oxalates which are a concern for me. Just starch in general is not good but, from what you are saying, perhaps I just need to push through somehow. Perhaps all this digestive stuff is the B1 deficiency, The more I think about it, the more I am sure you are right. I wonder if there is any way around it without adding starch. Would you suggest I cut out all fruit and juice and have only starch and meat and some, but less, dairy? I like to eat to routines and not having ben able to find the right one for me is very distressing.

Another mistake on my part: I thought that K2 was important to reduce the likelihood of arterial calcification (and for my severe osteoporosis) but you are saying that I need the calcium to help reduce histamine and so K2 is contraindicated. You mention some very unpleasant possible results from taking high levels of K2 and yet I read that it is used in drug-like fashion for osteoporosis in Japan. My gut is a complete mess so I think it unlikely that I am able to convert K2 from K1, doubting that I am producing much K1 at all.

Thank you

redsun

Oh! Thank you for your information and advice. What a muddle I have got myself in! So wish I had your wealth of information. Even though it will be a little difficult to implement, I shall do my best.

I thought because I have quite bad SIBO, starch was not a good idea. I thought I had read Ray Peat saying that where fruit and juice is available, it would be the preferred choice. So confusing. But, of course, I do now see that I am simply not getting any B1. Thank you especially for explaining that B1 is necessary to produce calming acetylcholine.

You do not mention the use of supplements to raise B1 status and I think I might have read you say elsewhere that you are not in favour of supplementing B vitamins in general (I am sorry if I am attributing this to you wrongly). Whilst I should prefer not to, I do wonder if, in my depleted state from years of under-eating, I should persevere and try to reach the gram level of B1, supported by a general B complex (Energin or something else)? I do eat one ounce of liver daily. I shall from today raise my lunch time ground beef to 150g and take another 150g serving at my evening meal, headaches permitting. Someone else here has spoken to me of possible Beriberi, which my doctor dismissed, of course.

Perhaps I do indeed not have a histamine issue at all, as you suggest. I certainly do not have a robust digestive system. Well-soaked and long-cooked oats are not good and simply cause intestinal congestion with my very slow transit time. Jasmine rice is the easiest for me, but this will not provide the much-needed B1 either, of course. Potatoes are high in oxalates which are a concern for me. Just starch in general is not good but, from what you are saying, perhaps I just need to push through somehow. Perhaps all this digestive stuff is the B1 deficiency, The more I think about it, the more I am sure you are right. I wonder if there is any way around it without adding starch. Would you suggest I cut out all fruit and juice and have only starch and meat and some, but less, dairy? I like to eat to routines and not having ben able to find the right one for me is very distressing.

Another mistake on my part: I thought that K2 was important to reduce the likelihood of arterial calcification (and for my severe osteoporosis) but you are saying that I need the calcium to help reduce histamine and so K2 is contraindicated. You mention some very unpleasant possible results from taking high levels of K2 and yet I read that it is used in drug-like fashion for osteoporosis in Japan. My gut is a complete mess so I think it unlikely that I am able to convert K2 from K1, doubting that I am producing much K1 at all.

Thank you

Liver daily is not a good idea. Vitamin A dose-dependently blocks Ach synthesis. If you have bad digestion and further block Ach this really makes it near impossible to recover. Try not having any liver. High dose vitamin A (7oz of liver weekly) is very bad for bone health as vitamin A promotes calcium loss regardless of the intake of other nutrients so considering you also have osteoporosis, I would recommend you not touch liver again.

I definitely recommend especially at first a B-complex, but one that you use orally. I dont really trust topical use. I do suppose you can consume energin orally as well but a pill is simpler imo. Nature's bounty has a good b complex called "Super B Complex" that has good amounts of Bs without being excessive like the B50's and B100's that are sold.

Its also important for those with digestive problems to get plenty of salt in the diet. Starch is a good vehicle for salt. Salt is also good for headaches generally.

Now that I take a second look I see you dont have a food you could add decent amounts of salt to. Low salt intake can also contribute to anxiety and it will 100% cause and exacerbate digestive problems. Do you consume salt somewhere else? If not your sodium intake is probably ridiculously low which is without a doubt a major contributor to your problems including your headaches.

Do jasmine rice and supplement Bs for now if thats what you need to eat properly. If you get more salt, supplement Bs your digestive should improve drastically and you should start tolerate foods better. You absolutely do not need to take 1g of B1 or even close to that. The one I recommended has 20mg of B1 which is more than enough. Taking insane amounts is unnecessary and will just give you new problems.

You do seem to have a decent amount of zinc from beef and milk in your diet and if you are increasing beef intake anymore it will provide more but if you not something later you can try is zinc supplementation since zinc is intimately involved in stomach acid secretions and other digestive processes. But I think you mainly need B-vitamins and way more salt in your diet to improve your digestion so zinc should not be supplemented right now.

If you have osteoporosis, you should supplement vitamin D3 especially considering your massive intake of vitamin A which you need to put a halt to immediately. This will allow you to absorb more calcium from your foods. You can supplement K2 if you want considering you dont actually have histamine issues after all but I would stick to near the RDA but you absolutely need vitamin D. Do you know your current vitamin D status?

You should probably reduce sugar intake but you shouldn't eliminate it.

It is good to routinely eat. I do the same for the most part. I eat every 5-6 hours during the day. Just find times that are good for you.

redsun

Dont want to derrail thread but any idea what could be causing this in my tongue? its been happening for months. I've had the white coating for as long as I can remember but these white lines that become red and white and eventually clean have been happening since summer. It starts as a small dot or line and grows and then cleans. At some point I had a very bad flare, then it got better and stabilized. Now I get these spots, sometimes itches a bit. I have a bald spot on the tongue where it lacks papillae. Papillae become swollen on the right side were the white lines mostly appera too, they appear on the border of the tongue too as you can see, and on the upper left side, its where I had the first flare which had a nasty bulbeous thing, which cleared and left that bald spot. Sometimes I notice changes daily. Dr said geographical tongue, told to me get an appointment to remove my plaque buildup which is pretty nasty because I let it go (I was going to go before the pandemic). I wonder if this is related. Hoping once cleaned the tongue improves. Here are pics of the tongue daily since october and below pics of the teeth

View: https://imgur.com/a/wCXXwLn

View: https://imgur.com/a/BTdgXoj

Do you reckon I have plaque below the gums? he mentioned the gums are a bit inflammed. I guess I will need xray to see whats under the gums. I hoping the cleaning improves the tongue and its not a gut issue.

Zinc, iron, and B vitamin deficiencies especially folate, B12, and B6 contribute to the increased likelihood of getting geographic tongue. I would investigate your iron status and try supplementing zinc and B-vitamins to see if it improves.

PaRa

Zinc, iron, and B vitamin deficiencies especially folate, B12, and B6 contribute to the increased likelihood of getting geographic tongue. I would investigate your iron status and try supplementing zinc and B-vitamins to see if it improves.

i Support about the tongue aspect, low iron causes my tongue to be like this + gum inflammation

plaque can be because of low acetylcholine leading to low saliva flow
definitely lower Both copper and A that just make it worse

rayban

How do you accurately test for these? i've read b12 is useless without holotc and homocistein for instance.

redsun

How do you accurately test for these? i've read b12 is useless without holotc and homocistein for instance.
Plasma zinc. Methylmalonic acid test is usually ordered only after b12 in blood is shown to be normal. Could be folate as well especially if your diet is not high in folate or you had a history of low folate intake. So that should be tested.

Hans has a good article on his website in regards to testing iron status:

Your gums do look somewhat pale. But more likely as long as you dont consume dairy everytime you eat iron sources you need B-vitamins and probably folate. What is your daily folate intake?

Dr. B

Thank you

interesting stuff @redsun does whey protein contain lots of histamine due to being freeze dried? what about vitamin E, D3 or A how do those affect histamine?

why are steaks high histamine arent trhey very fresh and raw

high histamine i thought can actually increase food intolerances, like getting runny nose after eating fermented foods/vinegar/ricotta cheese etc

redsun

interesting stuff @redsun does whey protein contain lots of histamine due to being freeze dried? what about vitamin E, D3 or A how do those affect histamine?

why are steaks high histamine arent trhey very fresh and raw

high histamine i thought can actually increase food intolerances, like getting runny nose after eating fermented foods/vinegar/ricotta cheese etc
Whey is not usually a triggering food but everyone's is different especially in regards to how we react to dairy.

Only D3 mainly affects histamine by increasing gaba and serotonin, antagonizing it. The others are kind of minor in their effect.

Depends on the quality of the steak and on the individual. Some steak is actually aged quite awhile before it gets on shelves. This would already increase histamine content. Depending on the person it may not be bad enough to trigger reactions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals