Magnesium Glycinate Is Working Wonders For Me

Sumbody

I've always had the belief that I needed much more magnesium in my life. Even mainstream sources suggest most of us are lacking.

I have used Magnesium bicarbonate before, but it can be hit or miss, as I like to take it before bed, but the bicarbonate can have an energizing effect at times causing difficulty falling asleep. Plus consuming a tall glass of water before bed can lead to unwanted bathroom trips.

I decided to try supplementing Mag Glycinate from Pure Encapsulations, and holy crap do I feel incredible!

Been taking about 480mg, for only maybe two weeks, before bed, but I feel so good and refreshed upon waking, and have an incredible positive attitude during the day. Feels like walking on air. My night time dreams are great as well, even without consuming B6 along with it.

The mild edema in my face seems to have subsided a bit, bloating is a little less, feel leaner, nimble, and I think my skin is even looking better. I've always had the little broken capillaries on my cheeks, but they seem to be subsiding and becoming much less noticeable. Mild muscle aches greatly diminished as well. A sort of positive Euphoria hits throughout the day too.

I have always worked in construction, and although now I don't do as much labor, there is still a physical element, and hot days mean lots of sweating. On top of that I do somewhat regularly consume alcohol and tobacco, although at times not on a daily basis. Thyroid has been low in the past, although now I use much less, consuming 25mcg T4 daily, but some days and on weekends I completely forget to take it. So all things considered, I've likely been lacking magnesium for a long time.

I do consume magnesium rich foods, but I may poorly absorb it due to stomach inflammation and or infection which causes bloating. Plus I likely either don't hold on to it well, and or never get enough to replete.

Has anyone else had such positive results like myself using MG? How long did you take it? Should I be concerned about using it long term? Is there a heavy metal concern with this type of supp?

I plan on finishing the bottle, and Im sure I will plateau at some point, but for now I will continue until perhaps I feel the desire to only take it sporadically for maintenance. I'm going to reintroduce high dose B1 here soon, this time in combination with MG. Peat has mentioned that combination to help with stomach inflammation.

Very excited to see where this trip takes me!

Makrosky

I've always had the belief that I needed much more magnesium in my life. Even mainstream sources suggest most of us are lacking.

I have used Magnesium bicarbonate before, but it can be hit or miss, as I like to take it before bed, but the bicarbonate can have an energizing effect at times causing difficulty falling asleep. Plus consuming a tall glass of water before bed can lead to unwanted bathroom trips.

I decided to try supplementing Mag Glycinate from Pure Encapsulations, and holy crap do I feel incredible!

Been taking about 480mg, for only maybe two weeks, before bed, but I feel so good and refreshed upon waking, and have an incredible positive attitude during the day. Feels like walking on air. My night time dreams are great as well, even without consuming B6 along with it.

The mild edema in my face seems to have subsided a bit, bloating is a little less, feel leaner, nimble, and I think my skin is even looking better. I've always had the little broken capillaries on my cheeks, but they seem to be subsiding and becoming much less noticeable. Mild muscle aches greatly diminished as well. A sort of positive Euphoria hits throughout the day too.

I have always worked in construction, and although now I don't do as much labor, there is still a physical element, and hot days mean lots of sweating. On top of that I do somewhat regularly consume alcohol and tobacco, although at times not on a daily basis. Thyroid has been low in the past, although now I use much less, consuming 25mcg T4 daily, but some days and on weekends I completely forget to take it. So all things considered, I've likely been lacking magnesium for a long time.

I do consume magnesium rich foods, but I may poorly absorb it due to stomach inflammation and or infection which causes bloating. Plus I likely either don't hold on to it well, and or never get enough to replete.

Has anyone else had such positive results like myself using MG? How long did you take it? Should I be concerned about using it long term? Is there a heavy metal concern with this type of supp?

I plan on finishing the bottle, and Im sure I will plateau at some point, but for now I will continue until perhaps I feel the desire to only take it sporadically for maintenance. I'm going to reintroduce high dose B1 here soon, this time in combination with MG. Peat has mentioned that combination to help with stomach inflammation.

Precisely that dose of that brand before sleep ruins my sleep. Lol. Go figure.

Other than that, it is an ok magnesium supplement. Not the best one for me, I prefer Epsom salt foot bath but it is very unpractical. So when I cannot do that, I take the Pure Encapsulations Mag Glycinate.

If it has such positive effects for you I would keep taking it for some weeks/months and then do a break to reasses.

OP
S

Sumbody

Precisely that dose of that brand before sleep ruins my sleep. Lol. Go figure.

Other than that, it is an ok magnesium supplement. Not the best one for me, I prefer Epsom salt foot bath but it is very unpractical. So when I cannot do that, I take the Pure Encapsulations Mag Glycinate.

If it has such positive effects for you I would keep taking it for some weeks/months and then do a break to reasses.
Definitely! And I will likely do some labs in the future.

I feel it is having positive effects for glucose utilization and a host of other things. Likely been a missing link for me for quite some time.

Makrosky

Definitely! And I will likely do some labs in the future.

I feel it is having positive effects for glucose utilization and a host of other things. Likely been a missing link for me for quite some time.
FYI, Blood tests for magnesium are not accurate AFAIK. I would go by subjective feeling.

OP
S

Sumbody

FYI, Blood tests for magnesium are not accurate AFAIK. I would go by subjective feeling.
Yeah, I was referring more toward thyroid and other hormone values as well as CBC, glucose, etc.

Mauritio

I like it too. It is the only way that I can digest glycine for some reason and even small amounts of it have an anti-inflammatory effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals