Thyroid Supps Only Make Me Tired

poilochio

In an effort to bring my morning temps up i have decided to experiment with thyroid , i have been hardcore "peating"since 2011

My morning temps apon awakening are always around 96.4/ 35.8 to 96.9/ 36.1 max heart rate around 60- 70

Now day time numbers have always been great 98.2 /36.8 to98.6/ 37 with a hr of around 85

I have used tyromix 2 drops in the am and 2 drops before bed plus 1/2 drops of bluesky t3. Twice a day ....now since this protocol my HR drops to around 60 and temps dont come over 36.3 in the day time even after about 500mg of caffeine and about 100 grams of carbs.

Now since my morning temps were low to begin with. And have always risen after meals.. i dont believe stress hormons are being lowered by the thyroid supps...because they were not keeping my temps high at all.
I believe my liver is pretty good since i can take 500mg of caffeine in one sitting and feel fine..(i take around 1200mg a day)

What else could be lowering my metabolism? Btw i have been typ 1 Diabetic for about 2 years .

Or better said why is thyroid supplementation lowering the whole metabolism? Btw i take 2x 500mg of magnesium.

I eat around 3000 calories...everything optimal imo carbs /proteins/fats

Tiredness and lack of drive and low temps and heart rate are the only symptoms i have. Sleep is good ..mental health aswell

Last edited:
two possibliities. Three really.

1 - you aren't ready for this yet. I think Ray has spoken of things like red light, sleep, sugar, magnesium for restoring energy levels BEFORE trying to RAISE energy levels.

2 - this is causing a drop in stress hormones. Most probably what is happening. I had the same thing happen until recently. Now thyroid seems to actually somewhat work for me when it didn't before.

3 - reverse T3. I think there are metabolic conditions where the body turns extra thyroid into rT3 and this is a result. The body is protecting us because we aren't ready for the extra thyroid yet.

WestCoaster

Tiredness and lack of drive screams to me low Testosterone and/or high prolactin. Have you had either of those tested?

a point to what ecstatihamster made about RT3 (Reverse T3). The body does have a mechanism inside it to balance us out so we don't over produce thyroid (turning us hyperthyroid, and that's Rt3. Think of it as the brakes to our metabolism; it's not a bad thing, you just may have more in circulation than you need. What is your story though? I know you've been peating since 2011, but did you come a long period where you've been fasting too long or going too low carb?

It very well could just simple system inflammation, in which case there are 4 things that are usually the culprits in people's diets: Grains (breads, cereals, pastas etc..), Sugars, Dairy (except eggs), and Nightshade veggies (Potatoes, Tomatoes, Eggplants, Chilies). It could be something as simple as systematically removing one of the above things to see if things improve.

Also it is noted in some people who intake excess Caffeine that they can indeed feel more tired in general. What they think feels "normal and energetic" might not actually be normal or energetic at all, not until they've eliminated caffeine for a period of time. I personally think is due to over-diluting the bodily fluids. If this is the case, then you'll know if you're peeing clear. It should always be yellow, so if your pee is clear, your over-diluted. Simple solution, drink less fluids and consume more calorie dense salty foods.

sprinter

i have been hardcore "peating"since 2011

What else could be lowering my metabolism? Btw i have been typ 1 Diabetic for about 2 years .

So you were hardcore "peating" for about 3 years and then you developed Diabetes?

Pointless

I'm confused. How did you get your temps up from 96's to 98's? Was that before or after TyroMix? Did you try any other thyroid products?

OP
poilochio

poilochio

two possibliities. Three really.

1 - you aren't ready for this yet. I think Ray has spoken of things like red light, sleep, sugar, magnesium for restoring energy levels BEFORE trying to RAISE energy levels.

2 - this is causing a drop in stress hormones. Most probably what is happening. I had the same thing happen until recently. Now thyroid seems to actually somewhat work for me when it didn't before.

3 - reverse T3. I think there are metabolic conditions where the body turns extra thyroid into rT3 and this is a result. The body is protecting us because we aren't ready for the extra thyroid yet.

Thanks for your reply...i have the feeling it is nr.3 somehow my Body doesnt want me to supplement "yet" with thyroid.

OP
poilochio

poilochio

Tiredness and lack of drive screams to me low Testosterone and/or high prolactin. Have you had either of those tested?

a point to what ecstatihamster made about RT3 (Reverse T3). The body does have a mechanism inside it to balance us out so we don't over produce thyroid (turning us hyperthyroid, and that's Rt3. Think of it as the brakes to our metabolism; it's not a bad thing, you just may have more in circulation than you need. What is your story though? I know you've been peating since 2011, but did you come a long period where you've been fasting too long or going too low carb?

It very well could just simple system inflammation, in which case there are 4 things that are usually the culprits in people's diets: Grains (breads, cereals, pastas etc..), Sugars, Dairy (except eggs), and Nightshade veggies (Potatoes, Tomatoes, Eggplants, Chilies). It could be something as simple as systematically removing one of the above things to see if things improve.

Also it is noted in some people who intake excess Caffeine that they can indeed feel more tired in general. What they think feels "normal and energetic" might not actually be normal or energetic at all, not until they've eliminated caffeine for a period of time. I personally think is due to over-diluting the bodily fluids. If this is the case, then you'll know if you're peeing clear. It should always be yellow, so if your pee is clear, your over-diluted. Simple solution, drink less fluids and consume more calorie dense salty foods.

You know the only real "hypo" symptoms i had before ...using thyroid were low body temps in the a.m

I have low body fat ..a full set of hair..i sleep well ....high libido...im a happy dude ...my pee is yellowish unless i use methaline blue ....i drink very little liquids...
I kinda think i just have a glycogine storing issue.

Last edited:
OP
poilochio

poilochio

So you were hardcore "peating" for about 3 years and then you developed Diabetes?

Well i got it after a real bad flu which i got after a dentist visit with. X rays of my mouth.

So i am by no means blaming this diseasese on RP style eating .

OP
poilochio

poilochio

I'm confused. How did you get your temps up from 96's to 98's? Was that before or after TyroMix? Did you try any other thyroid products?

96 has been my awakening temp.for years but WITH thyroid its even a bit lower

After breakfast and after meals throughout the day temps rise to 98.6. All without thyroid

Now with thyroid it never goes over 97.5 no matter what i eat ...fruit ..salt..caffeine etc.

Pointless

96 has been my awakening temp.for years but WITH thyroid its even a bit lower

After breakfast and after meals throughout the day temps rise to 98.6. All without thyroid

Now with thyroid it never goes over 97.5 no matter what i eat ...fruit ..salt..caffeine etc.

Oh I see. Your temps are very similar to mine, but my pulse is a little faster. 80-90 BPM. It seems like you don't have enough thyroid. The reduction in temps could be rT3, deactivation of T3, or lowered stress hormones.

I think I have more success with TyroMax, despite it having more T4 relative to T3. It just takes longer to work. Thyroid with lots of T3 like TyroMix or pure T3 never did much for me and would make my temps crash. The higher the dose, the bigger the crash. I think that if you use a lot of T3, the only way to go is if you dose very frequently. Some people get away with one or two big doses of T3 each day, but maybe that's not the case with us. Since I don't have time to dose even 4 times a day, I'm going back to TyroMax, which brought my temps up to 98.6 once.

tara

I think that if you use a lot of T3, the only way to go is if you dose very frequently. Some people get away with one or two big doses of T3 each day, but maybe that's not the case with us.
That matches my hunch too.
My current speculations are that if a healthy body generally produces 3-4mcg T3/hour, adding in more than 1-2 mcg might be unphysiological, and might sometimes signal danger to be compensated with the body's other available anti-metabolic methods - eg rT3.
There are reports from users and theory from Haidut pointing to the DMSO-delivery providing a stronger hit than would otherwise be the case for the same quantity of the hormones.
You could try smaller doses.

OP
poilochio

poilochio

Oh I see. Your temps are very similar to mine, but my pulse is a little faster. 80-90 BPM. It seems like you don't have enough thyroid. The reduction in temps could be rT3, deactivation of T3, or lowered stress hormones.

I think I have more success with TyroMax, despite it having more T4 relative to T3. It just takes longer to work. Thyroid with lots of T3 like TyroMix or pure T3 never did much for me and would make my temps crash. The higher the dose, the bigger the crash. I think that if you use a lot of T3, the only way to go is if you dose very frequently. Some people get away with one or two big doses of T3 each day, but maybe that's not the case with us. Since I don't have time to dose even 4 times a day, I'm going back to TyroMax, which brought my temps up to 98.6 once.

Yes i will try Tyromax ...again .. i still have a bottle which i discontinued using after it had no effect on me ...even after a full dose....maybe i just need more time on it

OP
poilochio

poilochio

That matches my hunch too.
My current speculations are that if a healthy body generally produces 3-4mcg T3/hour, adding in more than 1-2 mcg might be unphysiological, and might sometimes signal danger to be compensated with the body's other available anti-metabolic methods - eg rT3.
There are reports from users and theory from Haidut pointing to the DMSO-delivery providing a stronger hit than would otherwise be the case for the same quantity of the hormones.
You could try smaller doses.

Makes sense to me ..the body trying to protect itself from t3........i did use the bluesky t3 .....which has no DMSO...even that little dose (1/2 of a drop) had the metabolism lowering effect....of course the tyromix had dmso...

Pointless

Yes i will try Tyromax ...again .. i still have a bottle which i discontinued using after it had no effect on me ...even after a full dose....maybe i just need more time on it

Just one full dose? T3 can rapidly restore metabolism, but you'll need to give NDT about 2 weeks to reach full effect. Also, you might need to start at one drop twice a day and increase the dose every few days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals