Progesterone Makes Me Warmer

NommyWommy

Have been struggling to raise my temps even with thyroid, however whenever I take progest e before bed my morning temps are around 98 up from my normal 97f waking temp.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why. Could it be estrogen dominance? (I'm male btw). Just wondering what this is telling me about my situation. Any help would be great. Thanks

Waynish

I'm a male and if I put a tiny amount of progest-e anywhere on my skin, then I'm significantly warmer within seconds for the next 30m or so... Just to add my account :)
(I don't run cold either, and I have naturally good cold and heat tolerance)

milk_lover

Well I think that's a good sign. You have something that works for you., maybe it's lowering your estrogen, cortisol, and inflammation in the body and that is letting your metabolism kick in. Some people even report weight loss from progesterone and that's it may remove inhibition to your thyroid function.. For a man, as long as you keep the dose below 10 mg, I think it's ok.. High dose can affect androgens negatively, but low doses I think are ok even if done everyday..

tara

Have been struggling to raise my temps even with thyroid, however whenever I take progest e before bed my morning temps are around 98 up from my normal 97f waking temp.
A possibility:
Excess estrogen can inhibit the thyroid from releasing the thyroid hormones it has produced. A bit of supplemental progesterone could oppose that estrogen, and allow the thyroid to release some of that stored hormone, raising temps.
Males have both estrogen and progesterone too, just not as much as females.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals