Temps Higher Without Thyroid?

cyclops

Been peating for about 6 years and taking thyroid (T3 during day + T3/T4 at night) for about 3 years. When I started Thyroid my temps were pretty low (96.4 in mornings) and pulse around 60. I decided thyroid wasn't really doing much for me and that I was taking too many supplements in general (sometime preg, dhea, andro, vit b's, d, k) so about a week ago I stopped pretty much everything cold turkey.

One week later and to my surprise my temps are a great deal higher (waking up around 97.7) and my pulse seems higher too. I'm happy about this (and also happy to not be on supplements) but wondering what could be the cause of this. Any ideas? Also, its only been a week so not sure if this is some sort of rebound effect and I'm in for bad news in the near future. But feeling better as of now.

I also realize stopping the other supps could have something to do with this as well, but I wasn't taking them as regularly.

Last edited:

lampofred

Been peating for about 6 years and taking thyroid (T3 during day + T3/T4 at night) for about 3 years. When I started Thyroid my temps were pretty low (96.4 in mornings) and pulse around 60. I decided thyroid wasn't really doing much for me and that I was taking too many supplements in general (sometime preg, dhea, andro, vit b's, d, k) so about a week ago I stopped pretty much everything cold turkey.

One week later and to my surprise my temps are a great deal higher (waking up around 97.7) and my pulse seems higher too. I'm happy about this (and also happy to not be on supplements) but wondering what could be the cause of this. Any ideas? Also, its only been a week so not sure if this is some sort of rebound effect and I'm in for bad news in the near future. But feeling better as of now.

I also realize stopping the other supps could have something to do with this as well, but I wasn't taking them as regularly.

The T4 might have been building up (because of poor t4-t3 conversion) and having an antithyroid effect.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think that maintaining good temps for awhile can eliminate the need to continue thyroid.

Yes, but I wasn't really maintaining good temps on thyroid, but I kept taking thinking that if my temps are pretty bad with thyroid, I'll be even worse off it. Also thought maybe I didn't have the right dose or combination of t3/t4 so I was continually trying to adjust that to improve. But while on thyroid my best waking temp would be around low 97s and still had many days in the 96s.

The T4 might have been building up (because of poor t4-t3 conversion) and having an antithyroid effect.

Maybe, but I played around with t3 only for a while and it was similar. I added the t4 at night it hopes it would improve my morning temp; didn't seem to make a difference either way.

I have to take T3 all day, in small amounts, to maintain high temperatures, and also have to eat quite often.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I have to take T3 all day, in small amounts, to maintain high temperatures, and also have to eat quite often.

Thats what I was doing too, before I stopped. I was taking around 2-4 mcg every hour or two. Really the only time I really saw a big change in temp from t3 was when I was taking 40-50mcgs at once around 3-4 times a day, but I didnt want to keep doing that because I read allot on here about taking that much at once not being good and Ray pretty much saying the same.

lampofred

Thats what I was doing too, before I stopped. I was taking around 2-4 mcg every hour or two. Really the only time I really saw a big change in temp from t3 was when I was taking 40-50mcgs at once around 3-4 times a day, but I didnt want to keep doing that because I read allot on here about taking that much at once not being good and Ray pretty much saying the same.

That sounds a lot like excess cortisol is causing T4 to convert to rT3 and inhibit thyroid. Is your calcium to phosphate ratio good and your vit D level at least at the middle of range? I think proper calcium absorption is the main thing that keeps cortisol low.

hmmm...it used to be ineffective for me, but now it works great doing that, taking small amounts throughout the day.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

That sounds a lot like excess cortisol is causing T4 to convert to rT3 and inhibit thyroid. Is your calcium to phosphate ratio good and your vit D level at least at the middle of range? I think proper calcium absorption is the main thing that keeps cortisol low.

I mean I eat allot of dairy and have taken D3 for a long time now. I dont have blood tests.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

hmmm...it used to be ineffective for me, but now it works great doing that, taking small amounts throughout the day.

I'm sure I'll wind up trying it again at some point down the road. Right now Im just happy to have my best temps ever while not using it and trying to figure out how that could be.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals