Does increasing thyroid glandular supplement dosage cause a detox reaction?

mgrabs

Yeah, I tried taking iron bisglycinate twice and both times felt very bad and sick for 2 days. Like everything felt inflamed, my gut, my liver, my brain, my joints. One of the most horrible supplement side effects I have ever had. Also terrible psychological effects.

I think my iron values got low because I had low serum copper and ceruloplasmin levels for so long, but thyroid raised them back into the normal range, too.
Wow i had the same feelings. I also thought about supplementing some copper just for a month and maybe a bovine desiccated beef liver capsule

youngsinatra

Wow i had the same feelings. I also thought about supplementing some copper just for a month and maybe a bovine desiccated beef liver capsule
Nothing moved the needle on my blood levels of copper and Cp with the inclusion of copper-rich foods and copper supplements. I tried doing that for over a year without success.

I think my liver has plenty of stored copper, but was unable to utilize it because of my low thyroid function, which controls hepatic utilization and export to the serum.

mgrabs

Nothing moved the needle on my blood levels of copper and Cp with the inclusion of copper-rich foods and copper supplements. I tried doing that for over a year without success.

I think my liver has plenty of stored copper, but was unable to utilize it because of my low thyroid function, which controls hepatic utilization and export to the serum.
Interesting. Well I do hope to find out more information once these bloods are done because yes I am feeling a little bit better but like this thread explains I am experiencing body odor and a burning sensation in my armpits since starting thyroid and adding in B vitamins. Not sure if this is a detox going on

youngsinatra

Interesting. Well I do hope to find out more information once these bloods are done because yes I am feeling a little bit better but like this thread explains I am experiencing body odor and a burning sensation in my armpits since starting thyroid and adding in B vitamins. Not sure if this is a detox going on
Possibly. I was almost unable to sweat prior to thyroid because I had such a low temperature.

It’s part of our 4 essential detoxification organs (liver/kidneys/lymph and skin!) and might kickstart after being off for a long time, maybe? :)

mgrabs

Possibly. I was almost unable to sweat prior to thyroid because I had such a low temperature.

It’s part of our 4 essential detoxification organs (liver/kidneys/lymph and skin!) and might kickstart after being off for a long time, maybe? :)
Same! Just hoping im not swinging hyper at the moment only off of 1 grain. Because i get so hot after eating. I feel great only in the morning and at the end of the day. Not mid day. Start to feel bad around 11am -6 pm

youngsinatra

Same! Just hoping im not swinging hyper at the moment only off of 1 grain. Because i get so hot after eating. I feel great only in the morning and at the end of the day. Not mid day. Start to feel bad around 11am -6 pm
How’s your underarm temperature at those moments of feeling hot?

What do you experience during the day? What does feeling bad mean in your case? :)

mgrabs

How’s your underarm temperature at those moments of feeling hot?

What do you experience during the day? What does feeling bad mean in your case? :)
I definitely wake up with cold hands. Not sure about armpit temp. But mid day im just hot. Especially after eating a meal. I feel out of body. A little shaky. Poor memory foggy.

I take thyroid
Dhea
Preg
Vitamins

mgrabs

Hello @mgrabs
did you get your blood work results already?
Yes! Just getting it back now. Attached it for anyone to see.

Have an appointment at the end of the day to see what doc wants to do.

In 5 weeks 1 grain of NP thyroid brought my TSH from 8.35 to 3.7. Raised my t4 from 0.9 to 1.2. And my t3 went from 3.5 to 3.0 (dropped) not sure why

Im curious to know what the next move is. Does my TSH keep dropping on this dose? Or will i have to increase.

Also in this 5 week span on NP thyroid

Ferritin went from 80 to 100

Total Iron was 46 now to 98

Saturation went from 17 to 37

Attachments

• F0ABE9EA-46CC-4F2D-A150-6E650514B21F.jpeg
    F0ABE9EA-46CC-4F2D-A150-6E650514B21F.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9

youngsinatra

Yes! Just getting it back now. Attached it for anyone to see.

Have an appointment at the end of the day to see what doc wants to do.

In 5 weeks 1 grain of NP thyroid brought my TSH from 8.35 to 3.7. Raised my t4 from 0.9 to 1.2. And my t3 went from 3.5 to 3.0 (dropped) not sure why

Im curious to know what the next move is. Does my TSH keep dropping on this dose? Or will i have to increase.

Also in this 5 week span on NP thyroid

Ferritin went from 80 to 100

Total Iron was 46 now to 98

Saturation went from 17 to 37
Just like I experienced with the iron labs! Nice. :D

TSH still looks a bit high. What is the reference range for T4 and T3? (Edit: Ah just saw it on the picture)

Seems like you could benefit from taking a bit more.

Last edited:

mgrabs

Just like I experienced with the iron labs! Nice. :D

TSH still looks a bit high. What is the reference range for T4 and T3?
Maybe increase dose?

The references range is on that attachment i sent you. Look to the right of the results column

FitnessMike

Wow makes sense. Im new to thyroid again. Im just approaching 5 weeks on 1 grain on NP. And my armpits are itchy and smelly. Right where my
Lymphs are.

Also just started supplementing B vitamins, vitamin d, e, etc..

Just got these bloods back on my micronutrient level and it seems im super low in copper. Also my hormone panel showed low iron which is strange. Must be cause my thyroid is sluggish. TSH was at 8.

See attached nutrient screenshot.

Do you think b2 and copper are big with detoxing properly?
i would love to do nutrients test like this, i doubt we have anything like this, home kit i mean.

mgrabs

Awesome. Yes I think it would be wise to bump up the dose. Maybe to 1.5 grains first and retest.
i would love to do nutrients test like this, i doubt we have anything like this, home kit i mean.
Some IV therapy storefronts offer it. Ive done it there along with my standard doctor.

You can order the kit from spectracell website and bring it to an IV lounge. To draw your blood

Ive also used vibrant america with my other doctor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals