How much is too much Cynoplus? Advice on dosage needed

Callmestar

I'm trying to establish a suitable thyroid medication dose and wondered if you guys can help.

I've felt hypo for years and more recently a TSH of 8.6 confirmed it. I started on a quarter tablet of Cynoplus and for the first couple of days felt some subtle benefits, then nothing. This seems to be the typical pattern whenever I try thyroid. I feel some subtle improvements for a couple of days, then nothing. I then upped to a quarter tablet twice a day, morning and lunchtime. Felt nothing, no improvement in symptoms. Stayed on this dose for about 3 weeks as I know the T4 aspect of the medication can take a while to build up in the system. Still felt no better. I've now upped to half a tab of Cynoplus in the morning and a quarter tab later in the day. Again I've have felt some subtle positive effects from the increased dose in the morning during these first days. I'm assumed this is all down to the T3 and half a tab would be 15mg T3 which is giving me a slight boost. I plan to gradually increase to one full tablet a day separated across the day as I still feel I need more.

My question is, is the background dose of T4 eventually going to kick in at some point and make me hyperthyroid? The only benefits I'm feeling from the medication appear to be right after taking it and upon increasing the dose so I'm assuming this is all T3 giving me the benefits. I don't seem to ever gradually feel better from being on a certain dose for weeks and the build up of T4 in the system. I wake up every morning feeling like crap and depleted and then get a subtle lift after taking the medication. Again I expect this subtle lift will be short lived after i've been on the dosage for a few days.

I'm eating well and my appetite is somewhat better since being on the medication but I still have phases where I just don't have any urge to eat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am considering T3 only but it's hard to get hold of here and I currently only have Levothyroxine or Cynoplus.

OP
C

Callmestar

These were my bloods while on a quarter tablet of Cynoplus per day. Unsure why my T4 is low end of range. Any advice of dosage going forward would be appreciated.

2022-06-27 (2).png