Glycine time dosage

Nilogic

I started taking glycine since a few weeks for its health benefits, I didn't use it everyday because I often forgot to use it or just simply stopped (the reason is explained further in this post).
The suggested benefits of glycine are many and varied:

1. Reduction of homocysteine levels in the blood
2. Increased life expectancy
3. Increased muscle mass
4. Decrease in the symptoms of certain mental illnesses
5. Decrease in fatigue
6. Improved blood sugar control
7. Improved skin firmness

My problem is: when I take glycine right before going to bed I have indeed a fast insleep time and a deep sleep (sometimes I barely hear my alarm sound in the morning) and I get awful, disturbing nightmares that seem very vivid. As for waking up, nothing changes as in usual times, I feel normal: not beter nor worse than usual

At first I thought it wasn't from glycine but it only (mostly) happens when I use it. Yesterday evening I took glycine again after a 2 weeks stop and it happened again, this can't be a coincidence?

The general advise is to take glycine in the evening but I would like to use it in the afternoon or even morning to avoid those deep sleep nightmare nights, will it have the same health benefits in that case? Should I minimalise the suggested dosage? Would it get beter after a while if I just continue using it daily at the same dose?

Anyone got the same issue or got any suggestion? Thanks in advance !:thankyoublue

I started taking glycine since a few weeks for its health benefits, I didn't use it everyday because I often forgot to use it or just simply stopped (the reason is explained further in this post).

3. Increased muscle mass
5. Decrease in fatigue

My problem is: when I take glycine right before going to bed I have indeed a fast insleep time and a deep sleep (sometimes I barely hear my alarm sound in the morning) and I get awful, disturbing nightmares that seem very vivid. As for waking up, nothing changes as in usual times, I feel normal: not beter nor worse than usual

At first I thought it wasn't from glycine but it only (mostly) happens when I use it. Yesterday evening I took glycine again after a 2 weeks stop and it happened again, this can't be a coincidence?

The general advise is to take glycine in the evening but I would like to use it in the afternoon or even morning to avoid those deep sleep nightmare nights, will it have the same health benefits in that case? Should I minimalise the suggested dosage? Would it get beter after a while if I just continue using it daily at the same dose?

Anyone got the same issue or got any suggestion? Thanks in advance !:thankyoublue
Why not just take gelatin where the glycine is in balance with other things. I think anytime you isolate a substance and take it from it's whole it can be problematic.

golder

Why not just take gelatin where the glycine is in balance with other things. I think anytime you isolate a substance and take it from it's whole it can be problematic.
Good thinking. How about collagen? Is that also equally balanced with glycine?

Good thinking. How about collagen? Is that also equally balanced with glycine?
Most definetly! Here is the back of my can.

Attachments

• 20220117_101712.jpg
    20220117_101712.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 54

Perry Staltic

I've had to stop taking glycine because of what it does to my sleep. It's like a part of me is very tense and can't relax even though I go into deep sleep for 4-5 hours. If I heavy dose (gram or 2) before bed, I sleep, but it's not like sleep at all and I wake up really tired.

Veritas IV

I've had similar experiences with Glycine but only enough to slow down and not discontinue. Later I began noticing comments about isolated aminos. To not waste the bottle I now crack open about 10 capsules to mix into each new can of collagen to increase it's portion of Glycine. I haven't decided if i'll continue this practice after the bottle is finished.

InChristAlone

Why not just use gelatin? I've had bad effects from pretty much every isolated amino acid.

OP
Nilogic

Nilogic

Gelatin as in the one powder you use in cooking recipes? I live in Europe and when I searched 'gelatin supplements' I only got this as an answer:
'Gelatin or gelatine (from Latin: gelatus meaning "stiff" or "frozen") is a translucent, colorless, flavorless food ingredient, commonly derived from collagen taken from animal body parts.'

1642650418700.png

Do you have any recommendations for this kind of supplementation product (available in EU)?

Thanks for your answers/advices =)

Brian Douglas

3. Increased muscle mass
5. Decrease in fatigue

What dose did you use? Did you experiment with different times of day yet?

GreekDemiGod

Gelatin as in the one powder you use in cooking recipes? I live in Europe and when I searched 'gelatin supplements' I only got this as an answer:
'Gelatin or gelatine (from Latin: gelatus meaning "stiff" or "frozen") is a translucent, colorless, flavorless food ingredient, commonly derived from collagen taken from animal body parts.'

View attachment 32561

Do you have any recommendations for this kind of supplementation product (available in EU)?

Thanks for your answers/advices =)
You mean this one? It’s made from pork and it’s used when making cake.
BCB6CDEA-DA2D-462B-B9EE-4A1BA3FB693B.jpeg

I take about 3g glycine in the morning with creatine to manage my MTHFR.

Taking glycine at night causes sleep disturbance for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals