Intolerance

Paulien

I have been on the Ray Peat diet for for over 4years. The first 3years I was thriving on it, I put on the weight but one health issue after the other just vanished. Also felt emotionally better. Had to drop the sugar 2years into the diet, I did not mind. About a year ago, I gradually started to develop intolerance for anything that boosted my metabolism, had to drop the thyroid hormone, pregnenolone, vitaminB, cocnutoil, coffee. I would get severe heart palpetations, very bad pain in chest, upper back,throat area, upper arms. Weird sort of burping coming from the throat area all day long. I have gradually been going from bad to worse, had to cut down on intake of carbohydrate as well. Orange juice is a no no. Insomnia, bad taste in mouth, high cholesterol and the list of intolerances for food seems to be getting longer and longer. I used to be eating fruit dairy twice in the morning,afternoon and evening. Foodbill very high but I seemed to need it and was doing very well. Party could not last I guess. Dr's visit did not make me any the wiser, though I did find out I did not have nodules. Cholesterol is getting higher, am prediabetic. Pain in chest throat area worse when I do not eat on time.

Can inflammation cause this type of intolerance? Feel better on the mushrooms, dilligently consuming the carrotsalad, but there is no improvement in sight. Have been thinking along the lines of antibiotics, but am not keen, Have no idea if that might get me into worse trouble. might want to explore natural antibiotics. No idea where to start. Live in the U.K. No Ray Peat healthcare professional supporting this diet. Anyone else experiencing this type of intolerance? I have had a lot of stress in my life, so that is probably the cause of it.
Anyway, help!

I have been on the Ray Peat diet for for over 4years. The first 3years I was thriving on it, I put on the weight but one health issue after the other just vanished. Also felt emotionally better. Had to drop the sugar 2years into the diet, I did not mind. About a year ago, I gradually started to develop intolerance for anything that boosted my metabolism, had to drop the thyroid hormone, pregnenolone, vitaminB, cocnutoil, coffee. I would get severe heart palpetations, very bad pain in chest, upper back,throat area, upper arms. Weird sort of burping coming from the throat area all day long. I have gradually been going from bad to worse, had to cut down on intake of carbohydrate as well. Orange juice is a no no. Insomnia, bad taste in mouth, high cholesterol and the list of intolerances for food seems to be getting longer and longer. I used to be eating fruit dairy twice in the morning,afternoon and evening. Foodbill very high but I seemed to need it and was doing very well. Party could not last I guess. Dr's visit did not make me any the wiser, though I did find out I did not have nodules. Cholesterol is getting higher, am prediabetic. Pain in chest throat area worse when I do not eat on time.

Can inflammation cause this type of intolerance? Feel better on the mushrooms, dilligently consuming the carrotsalad, but there is no improvement in sight. Have been thinking along the lines of antibiotics, but am not keen, Have no idea if that might get me into worse trouble. might want to explore natural antibiotics. No idea where to start. Live in the U.K. No Ray Peat healthcare professional supporting this diet. Anyone else experiencing this type of intolerance? I have had a lot of stress in my life, so that is probably the cause of it.
Anyway, help!
I too have suffered much with histamine intolerance. I will tell you the whole equasion isn't just food. I have had to get the chemical laden clothes out of my life, at least the ones I live in, buying 100% cotton to sleep in. I have taken toothpaste out of my life using only coconut oil and occasional baking soda. I have put coverings over my furniture, where I sit, and gotten rid of my chemical laden mattress and temerpedic topper for chemical free oones. Most importantly I have flouride out of my life, buying a Propur gravity filter, even making my ice with it. Where are your nodules? My little dog was getting them too on her bellyside, from laying on our furniture. Trust me Ray Peat is your cure. I have no more histamine issues since addressing my environment.

OP
P

Paulien

I too have suffered much with histamine intolerance. I will tell you the whole equasion isn't just food. I have had to get the chemical laden clothes out of my life, at least the ones I live in, buying 100% cotton to sleep in. I have taken toothpaste out of my life using only coconut oil and occasional baking soda. I have put coverings over my furniture, where I sit, and gotten rid of my chemical laden mattress and temerpedic topper for chemical free oones. Most importantly I have flouride out of my life, buying a Propur gravity filter, even making my ice with it. Where are your nodules? My little dog was getting them too on her bellyside, from laying on our furniture. Trust me Ray Peat is your cure. I have no more histamine issues since addressing my environment.
It sounds you have been having a hard time on it all. Glad to hear you managed to overcome your difficulties.
Mine is not so much a antihistamine problem but an intolerance to any metabolic boosters such as NDT and B vitamins.
I do not have nodules, but I thought I had because of my symptoms ,very bad pain in throat etc. See the above entry.
Have considered going paleo again but any change to my diet makes me even worse!
Anyway,thanks for engaging.

Daniil

If you do not tolerate metabolic accelerators, maybe you have a deficiency of something, such as magnesium? B vitamins deplete magnesium

@Paulien: My history is similar to yours. I developed an intolerance to almost anything pro-metabolic. Turned out to be a deficiency in B vitamins, including B1 and to a lesser extent, B3 and B6, and perhaps other deficiencies. Moderate to high doses of B vitamins largely fixed this problem but seem to have produced other deficiencies, probably including magnesium. Gastritis has prevented me from taking oral magnesium supplements, and so far, the transdermal ones have not worked very well. Perhaps I'm deficient in more than just magnesium.

I agree with @Daniil: investigate nutrient deficiencies.

I hope you find a solution soon.

Last edited:

Daniil

@Paulien: My history is similar to yours. I developed an intolerance to almost anything pro-metabolic. Turned out to be a deficiency in B vitamins, including B1 and to a lesser extent, B3 and B6, and perhaps other deficiencies. Moderate to high doses of B vitamins largely fixed this problem but seem to have produced other deficiencies, probably including magnesium. Gastritis has prevented me from taking oral magnesium supplements, and so far, the transdermal ones have not worked very well. Perhaps I'm deficient in more than just magnesium.

Maybe you should try magnesium sulfate injections?

I've had it done, and it doesn't hurt as much as people think.

OP
P

Paulien

I am going to have blood test done, but my diet is pretty good. Following Ray Pears diet to the letter including supplements. Vitamin B is one of the vitamins I can not tolerate. Did you go and see a healthcare professional to get yourself sorted. I do not know where to turn to.

OP
P

Paulien

I use magnesium oil. It makes no difference really. It gives me diarrhoea. Anyway, thanks for engaging.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll investigate. How many injections did you need to correct the deficiency? Not concerned about the pain, but I don't like dealing with doctors.

I am going to have blood test done, but my diet is pretty good. Following Ray Pears diet to the letter including supplements. Vitamin B is one of the vitamins I can not tolerate. Did you go and see a healthcare professional to get yourself sorted. I do not know where to turn to.

Not saying you do have deficiencies, but it's worth noting that deficiencies sometimes take a while to correct even if your current diet is great, and the usual blood tests for some nutrients may not tell you whether you're deficient.

I've had some terrible doctors and some relatively compassionate and open-minded ones, but even the good ones haven't been able to help much, and the bad ones did lots of damage.

Daniil

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll investigate. How many injections did you need to correct the deficiency? Not concerned about the pain, but I don't like dealing with doctors.
It is difficult to say, it depends on the degree of your deficiency and the ability of the cells to absorb magnesium. Watch for symptoms of hypermagnesemia, just in case

It is difficult to say, it depends on the degree of your deficiency and the ability of the cells to absorb magnesium. Watch for symptoms of hypermagnesemia, just in case

Thanks.

Nomane Euger

Anyway, help!
Hi,investigate molybdenum and copper,my sister and I have some symptoms you described such as burping all day long,the weird pain in the upper arm chest upper back,I didn’t have it before and it only started when I didn’t consume much kidneys and liver and started to eat mostly fruits and honey,when I eat enoughgrass fed grass finished veal/lamb liver/kidneys(liver rich in copper and molybdenum,kidneys in molybdenum)those vanish very quickly and I do not burp anymore neither do i the weird pains you described anymore.do you feel bloated gas/water in your stomach area even when you do not eat?molydenum defiency can make you sulfur sensitive I believe also,and sulfur compounds are in a lot of things