Is Magnesium Chloride A Safe Form Of Magnesium?

Safe?

• Yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Yes, but not daily

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

EnergeticLeo

That is probably the purest form, I agree. But I couldn't go with that to build magnesium stores at 800mg elemental magnesium per day for a year. The acicic load would build up and render me sick.

Tradeoffs are needed, and I have to decide what's best for me.
Absolutely! This is the sort of nuance I love on this forum.

EnergeticLeo

That is probably the purest form, I agree. But I couldn't go with that to build magnesium stores at 800mg elemental magnesium per day for a year. The acicic load would build up and render me sick.

Tradeoffs are needed, and I have to decide what's best for me.
I'm curious - how did you know to try 800 mg / day for a year?

yerrag

I'm curious - how did you know to try 800 mg / day for a year?
I just doubled the maintenance amount.

And thought a year of therapeutic magnesium supplementation would be enough.If I did it for long, as long as mybintake isboral, the gut would tell me it's too much already and signal me with loose bowel movement.

EnergeticLeo

I just doubled the maintenance amount.

And thought a year of therapeutic magnesium supplementation would be enough.If I did it for long, as long as mybintake isboral, the gut would tell me it's too much already and signal me with loose bowel movement.
Cool thanks.
from what i understand a lot of bowel issues from mag are due to impurities not always due to the mag itself e.g. "Magnesium carbonate and epsom salts can also be useful and safe supplements, except when the synthetic material causes an allergic bowel reaction.." from Diabetes, scleroderma, oils and hormones

yerrag

Cool thanks.
from what i understand a lot of bowel issues from mag are due to impurities not always due to the mag itself e.g. "Magnesium carbonate and epsom salts can also be useful and safe supplements, except when the synthetic material causes an allergic bowel reaction.." from Diabetes, scleroderma, oils and hormones
Ray is known to warn people of allergies.

It is a good precaution to be aware, but if you are.not disposed towards allergies, as I am, I would go ahead and use these supplements.

I think Ray was disposed towards having allergic reactions, so his personal experience would lead him to tell people to be careful of allergens.

Candeias

If magnesium chloride increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach and acidity in the body, ingested with magnesium oxide which is considered an alkali and produces bicarbonate, perhaps it would be better to combine for larger doses?

EnergeticLeo

If magnesium chloride increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach and acidity in the body, ingested with magnesium oxide which is considered an alkali and produces bicarbonate, perhaps it would be better to combine for larger doses?
I combine 450 mg mag chloride with 4 g bicarb (along with 3.5 g salt, 1 g calcium carbonate, 2 g potassium chloride) in water and sip that throughout the day

Candeias

I combine 450 mg mag chloride with 4 g bicarb (along with 3.5 g salt, 1 g calcium carbonate, 2 g potassium chloride) in water and sip that throughout the day

Do you think that measuring the PH of urine could be of any use?

Candeias

Are you aiming at certain PH ? Ray Peat mentioned in some letter that it should be slightly acidic
@yerrag
said that the ideal PH would be between 6.5 - 6.8

For me the important thing is not to get into calcium-alki syndrome or acidosis

Apple

@yerrag
said that the ideal PH would be between 6.5 - 6.8

For me the important thing is not to get into calcium-alki syndrome or acidosis
Does taking sodium bicarbonate ( Haidut mentioned taking a spoon) increase or decrease PH of urine ?

Candeias

Does taking sodium bicarbonate ( Haidut mentioned taking a spoon) increase or decrease PH of urine ?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2013251416300487

"The generation of HCl leads to reaction of H+ with HCO3− that results in CO2 production and a net loss of HCO3− and rise in chloride concentration.
H+ + Cl− + Na+ + HCO3− → Na+ + Cl− + H2CO3 (CO2)
With respiration titrated bicarbonate is lost from the body as CO2.
Thus for every milliequivalent of HCl added, a milliequivalent of bicarbonate is consumed and converted to CO2 so that the chloride level rises to the same extent as the bicarbonate level falls."

Perhaps maintaining a 1:1 chloride-bicarbonate balance is the safe way to go

FitnessMike

not in my experience, acidic and messes with the bladder over time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom