Magnesium lysinate glycinate powder past expiration date

Logan-

I have this magnesium lysinate glycinate powder. Its package is completely unopened (safety gelatin is on) since I bought it. The expiration date on it says “march 2022”. Would this be safe to take? It’s been stored in room temperature inside a completely dark cabinet in my room. I would appreciate any feedback. I just opened it and it smells as it normally should. It’s very hard to get supplements inside my country due to laws and I need to use this supplement for my health issues these days and in the future.

122E3A93-7C24-4BB5-BF3E-D68F8543531D.jpeg

Last edited:

TheSir

It is unlikely to go bad in the sense that it would become toxic. Rather, the ingredients may break down over time and become less effective. Most likely you're dealing with perfectly usable stuff.

Connor888

On this note, is anyone aware of a way to preserve ndt without ruining the batch ? i hear freezing can work but i never tried it. sorry to hijack op but curious. i think ur powder is probably ok...

OP
L

Logan-

It is unlikely to go bad in the sense that it would become toxic. Rather, the ingredients may break down over time and become less effective. Most likely you're dealing with perfectly usable stuff.
Thank you very much, I appreciate this input as I have bowel disease and I don’t want to get a flare-up because of this supplement.

OP
L

Logan-

On this note, is anyone aware of a way to preserve ndt without ruining the batch ? i hear freezing can work but i never tried it. sorry to hijack op but curious. i think ur powder is probably ok...
AFAIK, putting it in a completely airtight freezer bag and then freezing it would work.

OP
L

Logan-

Would it become toxic if it was stored in the same conditions ten years from now, in your opinion? I would like to understand the process on this better. I would appreciate again if you could share your thought process, knowledge, or an article on this.

TheSir

Would it become toxic if it was stored in the same conditions ten years from now, in your opinion? I would like to understand the process on this better. I would appreciate again if you could share your thought process, knowledge, or an article on this.
There isn't really anything organic in it. It can't act as a growth medium to bacteria or fungi. If it is unopened, it won't react with oxygen either. So it"s hard to see how it could become toxic, unless it was contaminated to begin with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals