Trouble With Magnesium Glycinate

OP
L

Logan-

Dr. B

It's a brand that goes to great extents not to have any crap in it. I'm pretty sure it's ascorbyl palmitate
yeah mate ive read the same stuff.
pure encapsulations is normally very good, some of the products only have a cellulose capsule and water, but their ascorbyl palmitate products seem dangerous. it is sourced from mold and i think its more dangerous than ascorbic acid, maybe even more than citric acid

this is the best magnesium glycinate ive seen, its albions 100% TRAACS, and i think no fillers besides cellulose powder

Amazon product ASIN B01LZTEZ9AView: https://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Glycinate-Bisglycinate-Supplement-Vegetarian/dp/B01LZTEZ9A/ref=sr_1_36?dchild=1&keywords=magnesium+glycinate&qid=1630076816&sr=8-36

but i think theres an issue with glycine, as far as sourcing similar to citric acid, the source may be bad. glycine seems to cause some mild bloating/face swelling that doesnt happen with magnesium aspartate

OP
L

Logan-

this is the best magnesium glycinate ive seen, its albions 100% TRAACS, and i think no fillers besides cellulose powder

Amazon product ASIN B01LZTEZ9AView: https://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Glycinate-Bisglycinate-Supplement-Vegetarian/dp/B01LZTEZ9A/ref=sr_1_36?dchild=1&keywords=magnesium+glycinate&qid=1630076816&sr=8-36

but i think theres an issue with glycine, as far as sourcing similar to citric acid, the source may be bad. glycine seems to cause some mild bloating/face swelling that doesnt happen with magnesium aspartate

Good find.
It’s expensive though, compared to similar products (dr’s best magnesium glycinate fully chelated product has 240 tablets and lesser price per bottle).

I haven’t experienced what you describe with the glycinate form.

Edit: from omnibiotics’ magnesium glycinate supplement’s amazon reviews;

C35BD7DC-A963-4D93-A763-7EB004F324E5.jpeg

Last edited:

johnsmith

I suspect that taking Purebulk's mag glycinate before bed has caused me to have really bad insomnia on three different occasions now. It has a fishy taste to it. It's funny how mag glycinate is said to be one of the least problematic forms of magnesium.

I plan to switch back to alternating between Magnoil and magnesium bicarbonate.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I suspect that taking Purebulk's mag glycinate before bed has caused me to have really bad insomnia on three different occasions now. It has a fishy taste to it. It's funny how mag glycinate is said to be one of the least problematic forms of magnesium.

I plan to switch back to alternating between Magnoil and magnesium bicarbonate.
Aspartate is superior causes no bloating or sleep issues