Is It Okay To Take A Collagen Supplement Alongside Magnesium Glycinate?

Both together?

• Yeah its safe

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Not safe, consume a different type of mag sup because you get enough glycine as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey!

I just ordered pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate: Magnesium (glycinate)

Now I know there is glycine in the final product, i already consume 15g-20g of great lakes collagen a day which is a hefty amount of glycine, is it safe to take the mag glycinate supplement alongside it?

I only plan to get a maximum of about 120-240mg of magnesium through that supplement a day at most.

I have asked PE but does anyone know the final content of glycine normally in these supplements?

Travis Burch who i really trust says to pick another form if you supplement collagen/gelatin already: REVIEWS: Magnesium Supplements | Travis Burch .

I just think this glycinate form is the best and i'd really prefer to take this one over others.

thanks

Hgreen56

1: why do you think that that this amount glycine from collagen is heavy and unhealthy/dangerous?
2: why do you be afraid of consuming collagen and magnesium together?

OP
J

Josh

1: why do you think that that this amount glycine from collagen is heavy and unhealthy/dangerous?
2: why do you be afraid of consuming collagen and magnesium together?

I have no reason to believe it's unhealthy i'm just assuming it is

LucH

my bisglycinate magnesium is 55 % glycine and 15 % magnesium element.
One dosis is 10 ml = 2.5 gr.
=> Ok.
Haidut said 10 mgr glycine is supposed to be absorbed by 20 % (2 mgr), if I remember well.
I won't take more than 50 % collagen as protein source.