Niacin made me sick

Lana

I’m recovering from metrodonizale toxicity and been doing high dose b1 and magnesium along with b complex . I got niacin recently and took 500mg at a time and it has been great for neuropathy. I took some last night before bed and it made me sick this morning . But it was just mucus I puked up. As stomach was probably empty . Is it best to take with food or was that a good cleanse ?

Too big a dose IMO 100mg with food is better.

I’m recovering from metrodonizale toxicity and been doing high dose b1 and magnesium along with b complex . I got niacin recently and took 500mg at a time and it has been great for neuropathy. I took some last night before bed and it made me sick this morning . But it was just mucus I puked up. As stomach was probably empty . Is it best to take with food or was that a good cleanse ?
Must be stress hormones from low blood sugar. Such a big dosage, especially before sleeping, may deplete glycogen stores, raising the stress hormones as a way to get energy.

I wonder if may have been Candida die off. By niacin, do you mean nicotinic acid?

OP
L

Lana

Must be stress hormones from low blood sugar. Such a big dosage, especially before sleeping, may deplete glycogen stores, raising the stress hormones as a way to get energy.

I wonder if may have been Candida die off. By niacin, do you mean nicotinic acid?
I it’s niacin flush

I it’s niacin flush
I see. I know that niacinamide kills Candida, but I don't know if niacin does the same. If it does, then it may have been fungal die off.

Birdie

Ray Peat gives reasons for using niacinamide rather than niacin.... He says that the niacin flush is a stress to be avoided.

rei

500mg is at the upper end, closer to what you take if you want t a "flush". For nutritional needs 100-200 is better. Still, 500 is probably perfectly ok if you consume it with a decent meal.

Birdie

Ray said that the niacin flush is a stress.

Charger

I recently had a bad experience with Niacin as well (1g dose). It is serotonergic and I believe increases nitric oxide, I felt irritable/anxious for two days until I used L-Lysine and Agmatine to level me back out. (Both decrease nitric oxide.)

Stick with Niacinimide, no issues for me.